LiquidFyre Games Forums
September 23, 2017, 06:48:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Advice Please  (Read 2503 times)
Kobol
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2007, 02:19:21 pm »

After I reached my cap a couple of days ago I've been using 1 turn hunting and the rest plus the next days turn training to eventually gain weight but still be close to my cap.  But after reading some of the figures posted by gold collectors (like collecting 80k in one day or something) I've been having doubts.  Should I stick at my current weight with the current cap and do some collecting, or should I continue to slowly grow while training to my cap.  Also at my current weight I have noticed that on the random dragons page some very juicy dragons with loads of gold have started to spring up.  So what would be a better tactic; stick at this weight for a while with my fight skill capped and spend my turns on collecting or keep on slowly growing while training at the same time?

PS: I'm 26k in weight and nearly at my cap again (20-30 turns should do it)

We were put here on this earth, put here to feel joy
Kestrel
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 02:53:50 pm »

It depends on what your goals are.

If wealth is your goal, then yeah... attack juicy targets and collect.  If being at the top of the combat board is your goal, then attack easy targets.

But right now you are in a weight range where a majority of the dragons will be at their fight cap.  So do you want your combats to rely on the "random roll" or do you want more uncertainty by not knowing where your target stands on fighting skill?  If you want a greater risk factor, keep growing... but keep in mind that the more you grow the harder it will be to reach your fight cap.

~Kes

I'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter...
Caimbul
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 03:45:54 pm »

Aside from what Kestrel said, it is entirely up to you. At your weight the typical dragons with lots of money would be the cavers. (so if you happen to catch one out of their caves, go for it.)

But as you get larger, you will find more people who have attained a stage where they have alot of money from combat. (like me) These battles tend to be more interesting. It in the end will just depend on what you want to do.

And when you get to the 200k-320k range, come visit Tra`Bul and I.
rawr
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 08:59:15 pm »

You should train your dragon and when your dragon is really strong, fight wealthy dragons and if you win you get money. black teeth
Kestrel
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 10:21:35 pm »

You should train your dragon and when your dragon is really strong, fight wealthy dragons and if you win you get money. black teeth

Did you even read his post?  His training is MAXED out... can't get much stronger than that.

~Kes

I'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter...
Maloncanth
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 11:56:34 pm »

I have trained at nothing but collecting for near on two months, am in the top 30 of the wealth board and still don't even come close to 80k a day. 80k a day is an exceptional haul. Collection will ultimately get you tons of money, but raiders are rapidly beginning to overtake our daily gold gains and may become outright superior by the time you reach the level the best collectors are at now. It is a very long term investment and has very few rewards. Until new items come into the shop, the only thing that will happen is that you will stop gaining weight and fight, AND lose more gold each time you get hit. I recommend doing nothing but raiding unless your collecting skill is very high or if you plan on buying whatever items come out for the shop.
Kobol
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 11:44:47 am »

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I think I'll continue to do the "grow using 1 turn hunting and then train to cap" routine for some while until I start to grow too much (like gaining over 2500-3000 lb with 1 turn spent on hunting).  After that maybe I'll just stop growing and use up my turns on collecting or something depending on what new features will be brought into the game.

Thanks again.

We were put here on this earth, put here to feel joy
me
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 08:32:05 pm »

I know you've made a decision but I thought I'd let you know what I did in your situation.

I would do 1 turn hunting and not train my combat. I would attack rich dragons twice a day and use 19 turns to search for treasure.

I was listed on the 'come get me thread' and had 'numerous piles' and was being attacked regularly (3-5 times a day).

My losses in combat would get me back to cap in two days and I'd do one hunt for food again.

While it is true that my gold total was remaining fairly static, I was gaining collecting skill. Now when I search for treasure my finds are far more lucrative.

My win/loss is still in positive territory and I would still be using the strategy had I not accidentally hunted 19 times instead of searching for treasure.
Crewshinski
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 09:02:38 pm »

i would continue growing slowly while training up to your cap
Julie
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 01:40:24 am »

Ok new advice please
I thought when you were in your cave you couldn't be attacked but i have just lost 129,980 gold in two attacks why?
(sorry if in wrong thread  gold sad)

I love graphs its like art with a ruler - tED01
Iain
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 01:44:24 am »

sorry but I have to ask that you confirmed that you wanted to "stay inside", it is impossible to be attacked inside which is why I ask.  It is not unheard of for even cavers to miss this second confirm.

On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere,
On the verge of indecision I always take the roundabout way
Jonathan Elcock
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 04:55:29 am »

Also if you go in your cave after the attacks have started you can still be attacked by current incomings but no new attackers can get to you.
Julie
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 05:00:23 am »

sorry but I have to ask that you confirmed that you wanted to "stay inside", it is impossible to be attacked inside which is why I ask.  It is not unheard of for even cavers to miss this second confirm.

Also if you go in your cave after the attacks have started you can still be attacked by current incomings but no new attackers can get to you.

Yes i did confirm but the attacks had already started which will explain why i had lost  gold sad thanks to you both  gold grin

I love graphs its like art with a ruler - tED01
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: