LiquidFyre Games Forums
September 21, 2017, 03:05:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Points and weights and such  (Read 1003 times)
philmckrackin
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2007, 06:01:54 pm »

Was thinking again.. and I havent seen this suggestion yet..

One thing that I have noticed is that if spend points on eating too much I grow really fast and stay there.  So then for the last while I dedicate points to training and collecting and my weight stays the same.

For realisim sake, I suggest that if a dragon doesnt eat for X days then it starts to lose weight.  So what? you may ask....  well what if your dragon doesnt eat long enough and it drops to a new weight class.. this means an entirely new group of dragons that will be attacking it now.

Perhaps incorporate my other suggestion of being able to attack higher weight classes, now your skinnier dragon, while perhaps at a disadvantage attacking a higher weight class, maybe able to more rapidly increase its fighting skills if it does actually win a higher class fight.

My logic is usally flawed, feel free to point out why :+)

silver wink
Shatiz
Draconic Legend

I'm right, you're wrong

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 06:05:33 pm »

Weight loss has been suggested a few times, for example by me here: http://www.petdragonsfbapp.com/forum/index.php?topic=242.0

Although your logic is flawed because dropping in weight would most likely put you in a group of dragons with fewer fighting points than yourself meaning you'll most likely be stronger than them. Unless I am competely missing the point of what you're trying to say.  green wink

"Invader blood courses through my veins like radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me, do not ignore my veins!"

Btw I've turned off signatures so if I never comment on how awesome yours is - it is because I can't see it.
Bard of Laketown
Wyrm Trainer

I am Smaug, I kill what I wish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 06:06:50 pm »

Was thinking again.. and I havent seen this suggestion yet..

One thing that I have noticed is that if spend points on eating too much I grow really fast and stay there.  So then for the last while I dedicate points to training and collecting and my weight stays the same.

For realisim sake, I suggest that if a dragon doesnt eat for X days then it starts to lose weight.  So what? you may ask....  well what if your dragon doesnt eat long enough and it drops to a new weight class.. this means an entirely new group of dragons that will be attacking it now.

Perhaps incorporate my other suggestion of being able to attack higher weight classes, now your skinnier dragon, while perhaps at a disadvantage attacking a higher weight class, maybe able to more rapidly increase its fighting skills if it does actually win a higher class fight.

My logic is usally flawed, feel free to point out why :+)

silver wink

one issue, is that if you work up to a higher weight class max out in fighting points, then sink down a weight class or two, your dragon will be able to out battle any other dragon that's still bound by that weight cap. This would pretty much eliminate the reason for having a cap in the first place

is it perverse that I name myself after my dragon's killer?
Shatiz
Draconic Legend

I'm right, you're wrong

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 06:10:06 pm »

one issue, is that if you work up to a higher weight class max out in fighting points, then sink down a weight class or two, your dragon will be able to out battle any other dragon that's still bound by that weight cap. This would pretty much eliminate the reason for having a cap in the first place

Well that would be one reason not to let your dragon starve since it is now impossible to be above the cap... losing weight when you are capped would mean losing FS to starvation. So it is not really a problem  green smile

"Invader blood courses through my veins like radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me, do not ignore my veins!"

Btw I've turned off signatures so if I never comment on how awesome yours is - it is because I can't see it.
Bard of Laketown
Wyrm Trainer

I am Smaug, I kill what I wish

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 06:12:10 pm »

Well that would be one reason not to let your dragon starve since it is now impossible to be above the cap... losing weight when you are capped would mean losing FS to starvation. So it is not really a problem  green smile

I see, if it worked like that....

is it perverse that I name myself after my dragon's killer?
masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 05:54:15 pm »

It would HAVE to work like that . .. it would be the "penalty" for starving your dragon.

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: