LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 24, 2017, 03:15:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad form or good strategy?  (Read 7170 times)
arfy
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2007, 07:08:52 pm »

Within the last 2 days I've had the same guy attack me three times, winning each time and stealing a lot of gold. As soon as his attack is over, he just attacks me again.

After almost 100 battles this is the first time I've ever put my dragon in its cave, just to stop this guy from stealing all my gold.

Does this happen often to you guys? Is this generally considered bad form on his part? Or just good strategy? Is there anything we can do about him, or anything in the system that prevents the same person attacking you so many times? I don't want to stay hidden in the cave for much longer... poor old draggy is getting restless.

violet
Draconic Legend

Sean... more popular than you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:11:17 pm »

I think it's bad form to pick on the same dragon all the time, but I'm not sure there is any formal rule against it.

If I am nobody and nobody is perfect does that mean that I am perfect?  Yes, it does.

FierceDragoness
Draconic Legend

Dragons 4 LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 07:39:14 pm »

Within the last 2 days I've had the same guy attack me three times, winning each time and stealing a lot of gold. As soon as his attack is over, he just attacks me again.

After almost 100 battles this is the first time I've ever put my dragon in its cave, just to stop this guy from stealing all my gold.

Does this happen often to you guys? Is this generally considered bad form on his part? Or just good strategy? Is there anything we can do about him, or anything in the system that prevents the same person attacking you so many times? I don't want to stay hidden in the cave for much longer... poor old draggy is getting restless.

yes it does happen a lot especially to hoarders, people that attack like that are like hey i know i can attack u and u got lots of gold and i want lots of gold, and if they win that means more wins on their battle record. I and many others agree that this is wrong , but there is no rule saying that it is. There are a few threads on this topic that u can look through to see if any options may help you. heres a couple for u to look @

http://www.petdragonsfbapp.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.0
http://www.petdragonsfbapp.com/forum/index.php?topic=573.0

R.I.P. Joshua "Maniac" Giddings~ I love you and miss you Kiss  red tongue
The PD Dictionary!
http://www.petdragonsfbapp.com/forum/index.php?topic=1508.new#new
Benjibob
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 09:06:39 pm »

Its all a part of the strategy.  Get in your cave for a  while and he'll go somewhere else.  Or build up your fighting skills. 
Bard of Laketown
Wyrm Trainer

I am Smaug, I kill what I wish

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 11:03:49 pm »

it's clearly a kick em' when they're down strategy that I think is really dishonorable, but "good would be totally impotent without the contrast of evil." Round up some friends to back you up next time that dragon comes calling

is it perverse that I name myself after my dragon's killer?
Benjibob
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 11:05:47 pm »

Exactly.  Some dragons are evil, dishonorable and like to kick others while they are down.

Like GOG
ahimza
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 11:10:33 pm »

Why don't you just message them and tell them to [bad verb] of? On the other hand if you happen to find a very rich, beatable dragon who does not hide in his/her cave then it would feel a bit absurd not to attack them again.

I make it a sport to get back at least double the gold from those who've attacked me and stolen(won) gold.
BlackenedRoseThorn
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 11:12:50 pm »

Dont be PMing people and swearing at them. What he is doing is wrong, but it is a legitimate (if dishonorable) strategy...

Cave for a day or two, then if he attacks again, make it two weeks. He will have moved on by then.
Cody and Bahamut
Wyrm Trainer

King of Dragons

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 12:22:42 am »

I agree, the same thing is starting to happen to me.  Luckily, Bahamut is a balnced dragon and is winning over half the fights when he's getting "farmed", but it's starting to get annoying...  Always logging in to see the same dragon CONSTANTLY attacking.

masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 01:28:01 am »

To go back to the original point, I'm of the opinion that it's BOTH bad form and good strategy.

Personally, I avoid farming people .. . but you can't REALLY fault people for doing it. . ..

Like the other said, Find some friends to help you . . . at the very least, it will cut his takes down significantly.

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
alessia
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 03:17:50 am »

Something else you could do is dump 20 turns into hunting and get MUCH bigger than that dragon so you'll be out of his weight range.
Shatiz
Draconic Legend

I'm right, you're wrong

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 04:01:39 am »

Something else you could do is dump 20 turns into hunting and get MUCH bigger than that dragon so you'll be out of his weight range.

And also out of your weight class meaning you are even less prepared for the next bully that comes along... speed growth is a solution, but a bad one and at best a temporary one.

"Invader blood courses through my veins like radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me, do not ignore my veins!"

Btw I've turned off signatures so if I never comment on how awesome yours is - it is because I can't see it.
BlackenedRoseThorn
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 08:05:30 am »

I find that if I have maxed my combat score out and choose another dragon that can lend me assistance (GDA rocks!) then I do not have too much of a problem.
FierceDragoness
Draconic Legend

Dragons 4 LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 10:38:39 am »

I find that if I have maxed my combat score out and choose another dragon that can lend me assistance (GDA rocks!) then I do not have too much of a problem.

ur welcome   red smile

R.I.P. Joshua "Maniac" Giddings~ I love you and miss you Kiss  red tongue
The PD Dictionary!
http://www.petdragonsfbapp.com/forum/index.php?topic=1508.new#new
Kobol
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 11:56:00 am »

In principle I don't attack a dragon more than once, not on purpose anyway.  I also think that it is not honourable to keep on picking on one dragon and ruining the game for them.  Everyone should be allowed to enjoy the game and those who are ruining it for others by constantly attacking one dragon because they know they are gonna win and get a load of gold without taking any risks should be given a taste of their own medicine.

Also where's the fun in going after a guaranteed victory, most of the fun in this game is taking risks and then seeing what the result is.

We were put here on this earth, put here to feel joy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: