LiquidFyre Games Forums
December 15, 2017, 07:23:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Update!!!  (Read 12393 times)
Tesserex
Dragon World Creator
Developer
Draconic Legend

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2013, 09:53:45 pm »
+9

Whoa! A major update to Pet Dragons 2 was just released! Without question, this is the biggest update to the game to happen in years. Obviously, one of the changes is immediately and strikingly apparent...

New styling for the entire game!

The new style is meant to be an enhancement of the old, rather than a complete replacement. The colors are mostly the same, and the background image remains, but many things are different.

• Instead of flat colors, most of the app uses subtle gradients to look more modern and smooth.
  • The whole page is slightly wider: the maximum 760 pixels instead of 735.
  • By using modern web standards, we no longer need expensive tricks for transparency, making the page load faster.
  • The turn and action buttons aren't so ugly anymore.
  • A lot of content that was cramped before has been given some breathing room, and things that were just slapped all over the place are more properly aligned.

But wait, there's more! I fixed up some things and added others that were in high demand:

• The default settings when sending a duel request have been changed to what most people use: 100 rounds, 3 mins each, 500% health, elements on, items off.
  • The betting ring has new filters which replace the old tabs. You can search by name, choose the sort order, and hide duels that already have bets on them.
  • When betting on a duel, the maximum bid has been increased, from a meager 10,000 treasure, up to a million!
  • If you've maxed out a stat to the point that it was just plain broken, that should no longer be the case. Growth will be constant, but that's better than zero.
  • Similarly, the bug that capped Effective Stealth at just over a million has been fixed. It should now be unlimited.
  • New, hopefully humorous, treasure classes!
  • A bug that caused assistants to have their action queue cancelled when the attacker retreats has hopefully been fixed.
  • The equipment filters in the shop are slightly rearranged to fit on the page better.
  • New teeth item in the shop! Flares: Fire out a flare to make your cave visible to all dragons in your weight range for 24 hours. The duration of this item can stack indefinitely. Weight restrictions, newbie zone, and anti-bullying rules remain in effect.

This isn't everything that was requested, unfortunately. Two reasons for this are that it would be better for me to release more small updates frequently than one big one every decade, and the other reason is that requests kept pouring in faster than I could keep up! Here are some of the things that were requested but are not completed:

• When selecting a raid target, an indication of when you last attacked that dragon and the result of the battle.
  • More powerful equipment.
  • Fixes to several elements' combat behavior for balancing purposes.
  • A bug that causes "naked raiding".
  • Changes to "soft caps" when training.
  • Being able to set the date and time when sending a duel request from a dragon's profile.

Again, those things are not done. I plan to do at least a few of them with another update at some point in the future.

As always, please let us know right away if something is broken or just plain ugly.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 09:57:38 pm by Tesserex » Logged

Craig Schwartz - Pet Dragons developer / coder
Tesserex
Dragon World Creator
Developer
Draconic Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 08:00:42 am »
+2

I've just pushed some hotfixes to a few issues mentioned last night:

• The bottom right box can now scroll when raid content makes it overflow.
  • The message header that shows all participants in a conversation is not so glaringly bright.
  • The Elders Circle search box works again.
  • All the new treasure classes are listed in the help tooltip.
  • The friends tab for duels is no longer capped at showing 25.

I also tried finding the issue causing some people to be unable to raid. I noticed something very small that probably had nothing to do with it (and probably didn't actually cause a bug), but I corrected it anyway. I'll keep investigating that one.

Anyway, I have to get to work! Ack!

Galaxy
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 10:09:54 am »

I think that there could be a bug.  A colossal dragon is raiding a mediocre dragon.   That should surely not be possible?!   Huh?
Tesserex
Dragon World Creator
Developer
Draconic Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 10:31:01 am »

Yes, the cave flares are bugged. Please don't use them yet. They're safe to buy, just not use. I made a news feed post too to get people's attention. I'm going to fix this particular situation with the trainers involved. Sorry everyone.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: