Author Topic: Art work in game  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Jack Vellum

• Dragon Rider
    • View Profile
Art work in game
« on: April 04, 2013, 06:54:46 pm »
Ok so legendary gear still has no icon! Seriously?
Again thinking about another game I play people will spend $5 on a general simply because they like the look of it even if they don't plan on using it ever. In PD one of the joys is seeing other peoples dragon pictures. Look at the interest created when people worked out that caves could be pimped. I know the Dev's aren't great artists (I've seen some of the gear in the beta version of PD2  :silver tongue: ) but it seems to be an area that has been grossly overlook as both an enjoyment factor and a Money maker.
What ways could images be better incorporated into future games to help with enjoyment, game finance and even promotion of artists?
"Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then, what deafness may we not all possess? What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us?" Frank Herbert

Offline Galaxy

• Global Moderator
  • Draconic Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Art work in game
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 12:44:33 am »
It does seem a shame that the Dev's didn't take advantage of the offers of help for the artwork.  All the icons could have been finished a long time ago with minimal input from the Dev's.

Offline Jack Vellum

• Dragon Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 02:21:39 am »
It does seem a shame that the Dev's didn't take advantage of the offers of help for the artwork.  All the icons could have been finished a long time ago with minimal input from the Dev's.

I don't mean just icons and I don't mean the amateur stuff like the Masters gear. Good images like the elementals and default dragon pictures. Stuff that people go...Wow I love that!...Stuff where people would want to know who the artist is.
I also sort of commend Tess' for holding off on the legendary icons as the previous set was of rather poor quality I would have thought someone could have done a set by now though. That's PD2 though.
How could good art be incorporated into PD2.5 and help draw an income that has been lacking in PD2?
"Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then, what deafness may we not all possess? What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us?" Frank Herbert

Offline Smauglet and Trinity

• Global Moderator
  • Draconic Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 11:27:16 am »
Something along the lines of the rental for the profile combat viewer, but for displaying graphics connected with achievements?

Offline Tesserex

• Dragon World Creator
  • Developer
  • Draconic Legend
    • View Profile
    • Pet Dragons
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 08:21:14 pm »
How about I make this clear and official : I will always be willing to accept and consider any artwork submitted by anyone for any purpose in the game. It's most helpful (and most likely to be accepted) if you grant LiquidFyre a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, blah blah blah license to use the art. If you don't want to do that, you can still try and name your price, but I may not bite.

This includes any new unreleased games too. If it helps, for PD1.5 the icons are going to be sized up from 16x16 to 24x24 (or maybe 32x32, I haven't decided yet).
Craig Schwartz - Pet Dragons developer / coder

Offline vargragg

• Developer's Assistant
  • Draconic Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 12:54:54 pm »
Any requiredments for the background, such as transparent background? Or other technical details like that?
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."

Offline Prometheus

• Wyrmling Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 09:57:11 pm »
My brother works/has worked for several game development companies, he and his GF did thumbnail images and 3D buildings for Dawntide and some ubisoft games. ill pm tesserex his website incase its relevant.
Looked inside, found myself, it was me .Gouging eyes, breakin' bones, eatin' flesh puts a smile on my face, crawlin' through glass, eatin' nails, losin' blood it's all part of findin' your place.

- Prometheus: Smut Farmer

Offline Tesserex

• Dragon World Creator
  • Developer
  • Draconic Legend
    • View Profile
    • Pet Dragons
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 06:23:15 am »
Yeah transparent background please.
Craig Schwartz - Pet Dragons developer / coder

EmileAriny

Art work in game
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 07:58:03 am »
Hello I programming a poker game. Do you know where I can find the art table, card, button ... free or paying?Or a good designer who can do it for me?

Thanks