LiquidFyre Games Forums
September 23, 2017, 06:33:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reward for active play.  (Read 5578 times)
Prometheus
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 10:11:23 pm »

IMHO ive never had problems with the cost of potions, often potioning over max for months on end..... but i always was scoring raids everyday so never had a shortage of gold...often had to dump it into potions so that i didnt need to be on every 4 hours.

Would it be impossible to put NPCs in the game to raid for special equiptment or gold, abit like an extension of the elemental dragons. Would enable quest building by the devs to keep people 'doing' things in the game. Also could have a cheeky aspect to them that if you raid them, there is a chance it will send a combat back at you or from a random generated NPC.

Looked inside, found myself, it was me .Gouging eyes, breakin' bones, eatin' flesh puts a smile on my face, crawlin' through glass, eatin' nails, losin' blood it's all part of findin' your place.

- Prometheus: Smut Farmer
BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 06:37:05 am »

Based upon how peoples reaction to being raided, and their shocked and sometimes hostile reaction to the Thanksgiving day surprise I think NPC's raiding players would be a bad idea...

Prometheus
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 12:36:06 pm »

Bertie surely those people shouldnt be playing a game series where attacking is an intregral part of the game...or at least it was supposed to be (ignoring the fact stat gain is unbalanced, non implementation of clans etc..). Obviously they have free will to play the game knowing there is an attack function, thus must full heartly expect to be attacked, any whinging after fact is neither mine or your consern.

My NPC idea would only revolve around questing, and although id hate to say it i'll point out the obvious with other games that you should invite your friends to take part so it requires multiple people for SOME of the quests... thus making it likely people will bring their FB friends or form a more active social network within the game. The implementation of game chat would be also an advantage, making it a more level playing field for independant dragons who need help.

NPCs would only be able to attack people who attack them, thus if you dont want to be attacked simple dont take part in the questing side. A basic story mode within the game that is updated every 2 - 3 weeks with a ''reward'' at the end of it would keep people playing, multiple steps, multiple trys required... this is how all top based app games keep their user base. The devs could follow the suit of Zynga and other developers and allow people to pay their way through the quest if they are running out of time or just want the reward with no effort... again pay to be the best (although i dont like it) is a very real factor in most games...ive heard of players in games such as FV and RV paying out thousands of dollars to be ''competitive'' in an essientally non competitive game  blue teeth

Items obtainable from quests could range from limited edition armour to magic elemental boasters with a short life span i.e. 5-10 battles.
If the devs will introduce training equiptment into the game this would be a perfect way to obtain it... making people focus on quests as well as attacking/assisting if they want to be a super growth competitive dragon.

Keeping people active is hard and requires alot of time and usually a lot of devs to keep a game going, thus they need an option of gaining revenue other than advertising... i figure multiworlds, quests and pay to gain options would provide them with this platform. The seeds have already been shown to be fruitful by less inspiring games, the ground work for quests and stat/item boasters was shown to be extremely popular amoungst gaming fans by the monster rancher series, and in FB apps..... now if only someone could remake MR2 for FB, id be in heaven  blue wink

Looked inside, found myself, it was me .Gouging eyes, breakin' bones, eatin' flesh puts a smile on my face, crawlin' through glass, eatin' nails, losin' blood it's all part of findin' your place.

- Prometheus: Smut Farmer
BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2013, 08:07:32 pm »

I agree with the idea of quests, I simply do not like the idea of anyone attacking the player... unless of course the game has an adequate defensive system in place so that one can nullify the potential downside. (for example the creeper in Minecraft is potentially catastrophic unless you build some rather simple defensive fortifications). Games that allow bullying will have a very short lifespan, as will games that attack players and do not allow them to defend themselves adequately.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: