LiquidFyre Games Forums
October 20, 2017, 12:52:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a strong clan without presence requirement  (Read 5649 times)
Phoenix Celestius (Link)
Wyrmling Handler

Eagle-shaped muffins.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2011, 01:54:58 pm »

Hi everyone, I've noticed that all the top clans need a presence requirement. I would like to join a clan that is unlikely to falter, but my presence only hovers around 200 or so. I'd like to know which clans I can join with no presence requirement, i.e. playing just for fun. Thanks! Smiley

Please click me!
Hippolyta
Draconic Legend

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 05:08:55 pm »

*cough* the Independent Alliance has no rules...we are all about fun.

Go read about us in the Clan Recruiting section and send Snuzzle (or me) a PM if you're interested! Tongue
Phoenix Celestius (Link)
Wyrmling Handler

Eagle-shaped muffins.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 06:45:09 pm »

I've considered the IA, but what I'm looking for is a more structured, tight-knit group.

Please click me!
BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 04:27:14 am »

There are only three such groups that I am aware of, although others may take offense at my lack of knowledge (due mostly to those clans not having more of a public face):  1) The Order of The Rose,  2) The Seventh House/Star,  and 3) Nexus

Other groups may very well exist although from a lack of forum presence I would say most are dwindling or dead.

I am aware of a few others, such as WDOV, The Death Riders Mercenary Company and The Seventh Day that I believe to still exist, but only WDOV has made any sort of post on the forum in quite a while... oh and there is the ohIamsoveryevilIwillkillyouallbecauseIamsopowerfulerererthanyou group that changes its name every two weeks but I think it lacks the structure that you desire (plus I find the mere idea of calling yourself evil to be silly)

There are also a few other groups that have been started with the express idea of having no rules but alas none have survived... I wonder why...

BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 04:28:27 am »

oh and the three groups below will have a presence requirement of some sort... no reason to have a member on the books who wont even bother to log in to take turns every day after all

SaintG
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 09:00:52 am »

There are only three such groups that I am aware of, although others may take offense at my lack of knowledge (due mostly to those clans not having more of a public face):  1) The Order of The Rose,  2) The Seventh House/Star,  and 3) Nexus
I won't bother to take offense, but FLY is at least active in the game still. Not so much on the forums, since we never were, and frankly, not much of interest is happening in the forums any more. But we don't fit the description since we (technically) have a presence requirement.

I would think the two closest to what he's looking for might be RDRUS and WDoV.  I don't know much of the internal rules of any of them, but WDoV have been recruiting this spring and seem to be rather close and active.
Smauglet and Trinity
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 12:31:39 pm »

You could also try Ronin - not sure whether they have a presence requirement.

There is a reason for presence requirements though, and that is to ensure that group members actually contribute something, even if it's only popping into the chat thread to say good morning once in a while.  Just using turns and setting your dragon on a training action once (not even twice) a day will keep you over 300 presence, so it's hard to see how anyone with lower presence could have much of a contribution to make.  Of course presence drops because of exams/holidays/illness and you will find most clans are understanding about that if you let them know what's going on.

Snuzzle
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 05:13:04 pm »

RDRUS and WDoV both have the same loose-structure as the IA, though.  There does seem to be a correlation to structred clans and presence requirements.
bard
Dragon Rider

Never face the facts

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 07:49:03 pm »

I'm curious about what you expect from a clan,that would be different from playing with just dragon friends?I don't mean that to sound even a tiny bit snotty...just wondering Smiley

It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living.

Phoenix Celestius (Link)
Wyrmling Handler

Eagle-shaped muffins.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 08:34:20 am »

Thanks guys! I'll keep WDoV, RDRUS, and Ronin in mind. The Seventh Day has a presence requirement.

@bard: I'm looking for a clan that is mostly active, has a tight-knit structure, and is flexible about daily life. (Since I'm going to be a senior in high school, the next few years will be VERY busy for me.) There should also be a lot of assists going on, preferably where smaller dragons such as me would not be bumped all the time.

Please click me!
Myrrdin
Dragon Rider

I like *BLAM*

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 09:45:13 am »

There should also be a lot of assists going on, preferably where smaller dragons such as me would not be bumped all the time.

silver grin As a smaller dragon I feel confident in saying that smaller dragons always get bumped all the time regardless of clan/alliance rules. The tubby ones always sit on us. silver tongue

Religion is an opiate for the masses; Dragons enjoy the taste of opium saturated flesh.
BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 06:41:07 am »

There should also be a lot of assists going on, preferably where smaller dragons such as me would not be bumped all the time.

This sort of thing is self contradictory by nature- clans with no rules on presence likely have no rules on anything else including on who takes what defense... I cannot speak about other clans, but in The Order, if you are the best assistant for a particular assist, you get it... but that is our catch- the best assistant gets the assist, not just someone who wants an assist.

Solfire Stormdrake
Wyrmling Handler

The Legendary Biologist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 12:57:52 am »

I used to be in WDoV for 4 months. It's a loose-knit clan. It has no rules or presence requirement. You want to assist, go ahead.
The Order is a tight-knit clan. You want to assist? The best assistant will get the assist, like what BeRTie said.  You can't just jump into the assist if you want the assist but not suitable for it.

el
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 07:06:08 pm »

Phoenix - what size is your dragon?  The smaller dragons have the UDA - which is not a clan, but a network of small dragons and they work together to assist each other.

Some of our clan (7th House) are in the group and often arrange appropriate assists with them.

There are some politics involved in joining just about any group, so don't be deterred by that.

Phoenix Celestius (Link)
Wyrmling Handler

Eagle-shaped muffins.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 05:47:15 pm »

I'm still in the lower Pipsqueak class.

Please click me!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: