LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 22, 2017, 06:01:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EQUINOX TOURNAMENT- hosted by The Seventh Day  (Read 3462 times)
Frienz and Frice
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2010, 03:02:52 pm »

The Seventh Day has decided to host the Equinox Tournament! It is an inter-clan tournament that will take place twice per year and we hope it will become the equivalent of Olympic Games in PD2! It is coming to change once and for all the scenery in inter-clan tournaments since it is addressed to both small and big clans and dragons of every weight providing them even chances.

For those interested in learning the details first-hand, Leviathan will release a related PD2 thread with all his dragon friends included in it in August. Therefore, everyone interested who's not friend with him already should send him a friend request (or accept a probable pending one) within the next 2 weeks. After the thread is released you can delete him as dragons friend if you want. Below is the link to his profile:

http://apps.facebook.com/petdragonstwo/profile.php?id=521
Clark Kent
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 04:43:42 pm »

This sounds very cool!  Great idea by the Seventh Day.  Praised be they!

However..... is it fair for me to request that those dragons who have played what I call "disreputably" be excluded for at least this first one?

Because in my opinion, if they have, (or had been), say, disrespected so many other fair-minded dragons and the game system itself by, say.... cheating the rest of us out of Glicko, or farming their friends for ill-gotten stat gains, in order to get an edge over the honourable and/or better players.  Then they can't possibly have enough social respect enough to participate in such an "Olympic games".  It is akin to taking steroids, in my opinion.

Can those "anti-establishment" dragons please stay away for now?  And should they perhaps repent in such deeds going forward, be welcomed back into the social circle and re-invited to the next Equinox Tournament.

I apologize for initiating such controversy.  But, I feel quite strongly about this.  The Dev's haven't policed the game very well at all.  So I believe it falls to us, the dragon public-at-large, to make some hard decisions towards some who would lie, cheat and steal to get ahead of the rest of us.

Thank you.

p.s.  To Frice and Frienz.  Please feel free to have this message deleted if you feel it is misplaced here.  We could always discuss it in another topic.  I won't be offended in any way.
Jack Vellum
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 09:09:22 pm »

You say clans small and large. Is it possible for independents to compete as well, either under an independent banner or as individuals?

"Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then, what deafness may we not all possess? What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us?" Frank Herbert
Nixta
Dragon Rider

Mine! Mine! Mine!. . .

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 06:51:02 am »

An individual tier would rock!

Smauglet and Trinity
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 12:12:36 pm »

That would be awesome, if there could be a team comprised of independent dragons; some of the best dragons in the game are independents.

Anguis 7☼
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 10:41:55 am »

Yes independent dragons will be represented.

Dragons not affiliated with a clan will be able to create ONE team similar to that of clans.

Only one because otherwise we may end up having more teams of un-clanned dragons than clan-teams and the tournament could lose its clan character.

"Divided We Fall"
Hippolyta
Draconic Legend

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 03:23:55 pm »

Yay!
Myrrdin
Dragon Rider

I like *BLAM*

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 05:52:46 pm »

Hooray for the free agent team!

Religion is an opiate for the masses; Dragons enjoy the taste of opium saturated flesh.
Leviathan
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 11:50:27 am »

The Equinox Tournament has its own blog which includes everything you need to know!  blue smile

http://equinoxtournament.wordpress.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: