LiquidFyre Games Forums
January 21, 2018, 04:46:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: I feel something needs to be done...  (Read 45651 times)
Loki
Draconic Legend

Oooohh...Shiny! Huh? what were you saying?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2012, 05:02:05 am »
+1

Bumping this thread, because the spammers are giving me the... fecal matter  black angry

Surely there's some way to set up (assuming a CAPTCHA is not possible) at least an approval requirement for new members? the spammers are easy to pick, you know the spam is coming when you see their distinctive UN's in the newest member thingy at the bottom of the page  black sad

'Tis only a flesh wound!
Gina and Tethys
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2012, 05:17:14 am »

ditto Loki! I started reporting them but gave up as there were so many again Sad

Galaxy
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2012, 07:23:06 am »

I was also going to report them and gave up.  There are a ridiculous number and they will put off the people that we are trying to encourage back on to the Forum.   gold sad
Tesserex
Dragon World Creator
Developer
Draconic Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2012, 07:31:10 am »
+2

I just removed like 20 some spam posts and banned the users. We still have the spammer blacklist thing, I think, I wonder how they're getting through.

Craig Schwartz - Pet Dragons developer / coder
Loki
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2012, 08:30:53 pm »

Public IP addresses, disposable e-mails... their UN's are all random letter/number combos, and this isn't the only forum I see them on.

It's probably some affiliate scam, and they're using free forums as makeshift mailing lists (that's what it looks like to me anyway).

So chances are without the option to decline their membership, or restrict posting pending approval, blocking them can't really stop them  black sad

'Tis only a flesh wound!
BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2012, 08:05:36 pm »

It is really too bad that you couldn't set up some sort of auto banner if a list of specific words were used in one post (Ralph Lauren is not likely to come up in legitimate discussion IMO)

Galaxy
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 01:52:42 am »

OMG!  They're destroying the Forum!  If we don't put a stop to them, no one's going to come on here!   black sad
Loki
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2012, 04:57:14 am »

You're right Galaxy, they're worse than trolls because they don't hang around to read replies, so you can't even vent properly over their actions  black angry Cry

'Tis only a flesh wound!
BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2012, 06:38:00 am »

Yikes this is like some sort of internet Alzheimer's!

Loki
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2012, 08:16:21 pm »

Maybe we need some more deputy spam killers, as was done with Charmed back in the start of this thread, if we do it quickly we can have someone ready for when ljnbg99d (who signed up yesty) begins their advertisment campaign  black angry

I'll volunteer for the +10/11 timezone if that helps...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:21:07 pm by Loki » Logged

'Tis only a flesh wound!
Fangle
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2012, 09:06:05 pm »
+1

Maybe this was explained before and I missed it, but isn't there some way to just prevent new accounts from posting until they've been verified by a moderator? All of these spammers have really obvious nonsense names, so they're not exactly difficult to spot and reject.
Granted, this might be a minor inconvenience to any genuine new users who wanted to come and post about something, but frankly it's not like we get many new people around here anyway.
Gina and Tethys
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2012, 03:26:06 pm »

Maybe we need some more deputy spam killers, as was done with Charmed back in the start of this thread, if we do it quickly we can have someone ready for when ljnbg99d (who signed up yesty) begins their advertisment campaign  black angry

I'll volunteer for the +10/11 timezone if that helps...

I'd volunteer for spam killing duty too

Galaxy
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2012, 03:29:44 pm »

I would too!
Jack Vellum
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2013, 07:20:59 am »
+1

Am I the only one that would find it amusing if a spam bot spammed this thread?

"Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then, what deafness may we not all possess? What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us?" Frank Herbert
Galaxy
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2013, 07:38:19 am »

I'd be happy to see a spam bot.  That Japanese spammer is getting really annoying!   gold angry
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: