LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 24, 2017, 03:15:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: So whats the deal?  (Read 18558 times)
Apocalypse
Dragon Rider

View Profile WWW
« on: December 21, 2009, 03:24:01 pm »

It seems as though the devs have given up. People are taking notice of the lack of updates no new items the loss of mobile offers for teeth the over 6 months since the last information was given on clans and continued repeat server issues which we are all well aware of and they are consistently getting worse. No dev can be on at night to ensure its working properly and they failed repeatidly to respond to private msgs via the forum as well as facebook.

Why when the devs need(ed) me, do i respond within 24 hours, and i have done a fair amount in the way of communication and even confidentiality with information not always made public at that time. I have always done as they have asked when contacted, so why weeks at a time our our inquirries ignored.

We would just like to here from the devs whats the deal, is clans coming or not, for an incomplete game that was supposed to have the min attraction up and functioning within approx 6 months, well we havent even had an update in the last 6 months. They cant ignore me forever, the more of you that join along side wanting answersthe more likely we will get some overdue attention.

For pete sakes at least acknowledge the server issues and get someone with authority in place to ensure RO goes as planned not 5 hours down time every other week. Are new items coming or not. Frankly the game is becoming a bore and i would hate to see DOA and at least 2 other sects abandon the game because you, the "devs" cant be bothered to talk to us, and not just DOA but the pd2 community.

Sincerely frustrated and tired of being ignored.
PLEASE RESPOND THIS IS MY 5TH OR 6TH MSG, THEY SHOULD NOT BE CONTINUED TO BE IGNORED.

btw no one cares about seeing their glicko on the dragon info, give us what was promised not what is easy to encode and implement over a day. CLANS, ITEMS WE HAVE OUTGROWN, A WORKING SERVER AND A DEV TO MAKE SURE ITS PROBLEM FREE AT RO.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 03:28:03 pm by Apocalypse » Logged

BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 03:51:22 pm »

While I am not going to give you specifics, I will say that the devs are working on the game. The pace that they are working has been slow, as they have had to have jobs in addition to developing PD2. The truth is the game was never picked up by the facebook community as well as what they had hoped. As such, the amount of time that they can dedicate to development is but a few hours every week.  Will we every see clans? Maybe, maybe not. In all honesty, we exist regardless of an in game feature.

I do think you have hit the nail on the head as to the devs biggest problem... if they want to run a business, their customer service is going to have to become a higher priority. (This sounds worse than it really is, as I have had luck speaking to varg on multiple issues)

masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 04:03:42 pm »

1) Apocalypse, while I don't disagree with many of the frustrations that you have put here, I must say that I don't necessarily agree with the tone.  After all, aside from teeth (which you don't need to purchase) this game IS free.

Yes, I think the devs need better customer service.  Yes, I think the lack of updates, communication, and general progress are annoying.  Yes, I think we need to hear more from the devs, and they should be more accessible.

But in the end, it's still a free game. 

2) BeRT, I think part of the problem is that the cart has been placed before the horse:

The truth is the game was never picked up by the facebook community as well as what they had hoped. As such, the amount of time that they can dedicate to development is but a few hours every week. 

Perhaps this is BECAUSE many of the game features that were supposed to be available have not been, and many of the things that should have been fixed have not been.

I can't say for certain that is the case.  I'm not an expert on viral trends.  But I can say that i know many people who have LEFT the game because of a lack of features, and a lack of proper support.  I can't imagine that such things would lead to drawing in NEW players.

And frankly, as I and many others have pointed out since the beginning, the longer the game goes on, the LESS likely we are to draw in new players.  They will quickly note that they can never really hope to catch those of us who have been here since the beginning.  A lack of new "servers" or "worlds" or even (god forbid I bring this up again) a general reset is basically a deterrent to new players.  The game has been around nearly 8 months now - and frankly, there is just about 0 chance that any new dragon could hope to make the top of most of the leaderboards.  If you want more players, you have to give them a shot.

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 04:19:17 pm »

I agree the tone is not exactly going to help here.  Anyway, I think that you are correct in your general assessment, at least on the business side. Customers (application users) are going to have to not only be happy with the product, but also be willing to spend money on it... monetization has got to be a greater priority for any future products. Users are nice, but it is the users that spend money on applications that you really want (at least business wise).

masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 04:30:39 pm »

I don't disagree that any future "releases" of the PD series should include more viable revenue sources.  But in order to expect people to pay, you've got to have good customer service.  That means regular updates and fixing bugs like the rollover bug promptly.

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
Lucifer Rising
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 05:56:03 pm »

First off, Apoc, the tone you've adopted makes you sound like a jerk.  If you ever wrote me an e-mail like that, I'd ignore it too.

Adding things like "no one cares about the glicko" is just rude as well.  Show some respect -- and it DOES show that things are being worked on, however slowly.  Also, almost NO ONE has outgrown items yet.  I am one of the ones who have and, in an effort for customer service, was asked if I needed them now.  (I replied that a month or two wouldn't cause me undue hardship, although I couldn't speak for other potential x-treme stat people. . .  although xtreme vision hardly counts, considering.)

Also, adding "this game has grown boring without new stuff" is a poor argument.  If clans magically appeared tomorrow, someone like you might get bored in a few months anyway and quit -- because all the new stuff is already come and gone.

With all due respect, the only idea of yours I agree with is a request for more information to the general community would be nice.  I actually now believe that the devs are doing what they can for the game (something I was really unsure about a few days ago), but I *do* still think that everyone who's put their time into playing the game deserves to know how things are humming along. . . . even if there's not a lot of humming at the moment.  It's like when someone's parents are having a bad fight but refuse to tell the kid what's going on cuz they don't want him to worry.  I'm just not sure that silence is the best policy.

Nonetheless, I'd like to end this with saying thanks for the new glicko thingee, it's really cool.  Smiley  Pd2 is still super fun.
Jack Vellum
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 07:40:31 pm »

It's like when someone's parents are having a bad fight but refuse to tell the kid what's going on cuz they don't want him to worry.  I'm just not sure that silence is the best policy.

Not that anyone is fighting. I know that wasn't the intention of the comment but you know how people will try and read between lines. And if people so desperately want new gear they could join the image race.

"Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then, what deafness may we not all possess? What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us?" Frank Herbert
Wardragons744
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 07:46:20 pm »

Clan shmans. I'm ready for the in game tournaments =D. Clans would bring great strategical thinking to the game which would be awesome! I've already started thinking of ways to play my cards right. I feel bad for the clans going up against RDRUS. I'll admit that I've been a hair frustrated with the game but its not because of clans. I do feel as though new dragons need a chance to compete in the top boards but since they are just now joining the game I must say that there is no chance for that to happen.  Its been 6 months and many new players may not comprehend game functions as easily as those of us that have been around for a while. Which is why I was happy to see hannath's new clan to help new dragons, even if he is young himself. I too recruit new dragons to help them learn the game and its functions.  As I said before, I'm not worried about clans, MO, or anything involved with that part of the game.  I've strategized though my basic game plan and I'll continue to enjoy the other parts of the game while they are available. I liked seeing updates and the combat points. It showed me that they are still working on the game.

Co-Leader of {RDRUS}.  A new day a new clan. From the ashes a new dragon will arise.

Critical hit! XXXX takes 2,427 damage.
Drakengard
Dragon Rider

This is my dragon. His name is Drakengard.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 07:47:51 pm »

I understand where you're coming from apoc, but trust me, if you feel frustrated, talking in that tone will only make things worse.

I kind of want to know how clans and bug fixes are coming along, but if the devs are busy with their own daily lives/real jobs, then I'm not complaining because they are spending money hosting this game on their own time and own money for us to enjoy.

there are some updates like the glicko ratings, and there are some fixes like when the first round potion bug was fixed. so in the limited amount of time that they have to work, I say that they are doing a fairly good job. Also, even though the devs haven't announced when the next set of armor is coming out, they have announced that the next set is the master's set, which shows that they ARE working on it.

By the way, I really hope you didn't write your emails like the way you wrote on this post, because if you did, then you shouldn't really be surprised that the devs aren't responding. while the devs don't always respond, I've gotten some responses before.

Lucifer Rising
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 08:16:33 pm »

I'd echo Teb and Ward about tournaments (that should probably) take precedence with clans.  First, it's easier.  Second, it's more exciting for new players.  A rookie who can't compete on leader might nonetheless do well in an "Age brackett" tourney.

Still, if I had my druthers, I'd ALSO reinforce this:

I do feel as though new dragons need a chance to compete in the top boards but since they are just now joining the game I must say that there is no chance for that to happen. 

I made a post a while back about adding a "catch-up" turns feature, which got many postive responses with only a few negatie ones.  So, in the name of noobs, I'd emphasise

1.  catch-up turns
2.  Spiffying up the tutorial.  (Actually, I have a few ideas on this, but haven't posted them since things seem to have been on hold.)
3.  Adding a few features that makes thing (like the math) easier.
Wardragons744
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 08:31:20 pm »

I'd echo Teb and Ward about tournaments (that should probably) take precedence with clans.  First, it's easier.  Second, it's more exciting for new players.  A rookie who can't compete on leader might nonetheless do well in an "Age brackett" tourney.

Still, if I had my druthers, I'd ALSO reinforce this:

I made a post a while back about adding a "catch-up" turns feature, which got many postive responses with only a few negatie ones.  So, in the name of noobs, I'd emphasise

1.  catch-up turns
2.  Spiffying up the tutorial.  (Actually, I have a few ideas on this, but haven't posted them since things seem to have been on hold.)
3.  Adding a few features that makes thing (like the math) easier.

I LOVE the age grouped brackets and you could even have all dragon age brackets too. So much fun thinking about that.

I missed that thread somewhere. Sorry about that lucy. I like the idea of catch up turns or something like that. Giving the the turns they would've had excellent idea.

Co-Leader of {RDRUS}.  A new day a new clan. From the ashes a new dragon will arise.

Apocalypse
Dragon Rider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 09:07:33 pm »

So first off let me address my tone. Perhaps it is a little overboard. For that I apologize but at a certain point a pot boils and it got the best of me, sorry.

Let me explain a little, on multiple occasions the Devs found it important to contact me personally to discuss something by them considered to be of importance. They took messures such as forum private msgs, facebook emails, personal facebook chat, contact in game and even via other members. Each time i made time to respond within a reasonable time frame. I had not taken every measure they did but i did try several of them over a long period of time. In return i have not heard any reply at all, not even one to say we are busy or we will get back to you or even we got your msg. Those msgs had no sort of tone at all. All still unanswered. So I feel personally ignored.

Lucifer
While I appreciate a lot of people have not out grown their items I did not state that to be the problem. Items was infered to be items, it could be bigger potion cabinets it could be different types of potions such as shortened flight times it could be something just different.

Glicko
Anyone that knows my dragon in game knows i tend to raid and i dont pick the easiest targets. For a descent period i was among the top 10 gf. I since took another direction in the game but have recently started climbing the boards again. I agree it has importance, but that information was already easily available in a different area of the game. So while it shows some presence it really isnt an improvement just an easier way to see something already there.

Wardragons and some others
Im down for tournies as you know, but they have their issues and longevity and several "hiccups" along the way. You personally know I have both hosted and participated in several such tournies. As a DOA voice in the game many of the people responding here today know I tried to step it up and issued a cry for war and invited multiple clans to participate to spice up the game to get things moving. Few of which responded at all and those that did only asked questions. Or simply to decline rather then discuss. It was responded that clans are here anyways. Well we are waiting to see it. Aside from knowledge of 2 separate wars commencing within the next 30-40 days at least one of which im sure wil come as a surprise. Clans are here? Sure and growing together and acting like clans within their own sanctity, I was understanding that it involved fighting together, growing together, waring together helping others as well as yourself or simply "your own" many of us practice this everyday, many of your here and myself included. But considering the presence in game and the number of clanned dragons and various groups many of which friends of the others, but face it their honestly just isnt anything really going on between clans.

Im sure i missed something here but i have spent enough time on this atm.

Apocalypse
Dragon Rider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 09:13:46 pm »

PS to the last 2 posts, even my cry to the other clans had tourny style rules purposed only because the general feeling from most of you is tournies are better. I think war should be war. But even with tourny style rules no clan spoke up. Now such suggested rules have been picked up and negotiated on between 2 other sects, which was what we purposed prior to this. Again no one spoke up when we asked so what do you purpose DOA as a clan do aside from dueling the same people in tournies which has no merit on growth or stats and limits productivity.

Wardragons744
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 09:29:46 pm »

PS to the last 2 posts, even my cry to the other clans had tourny style rules purposed only because the general feeling from most of you is tournies are better. I think war should be war. But even with tourny style rules no clan spoke up. Now such suggested rules have been picked up and negotiated on between 2 other sects, which was what we purposed prior to this. Again no one spoke up when we asked so what do you purpose DOA as a clan do aside from dueling the same people in tournies which has no merit on growth or stats and limits productivity.

RDRUS was split in the decision of the war cry and those that were going to be sent were waiting where to move to.  I personally wanted to join but couldn't leave dragons behind.  I know I tried the same thing with the raiding tournament and got shot down for the most part. A little spice and people are scared to do anything about it.  Some of the dragons in RDRUS are like me and love causing some fun in the game. We've had our own little skirmishes with the other clans. If war is going to be declared, I'd recommend just doing it instead of trying to make it fair for everyone. Just go for the kills Apoc! Go for the kills!

mtg_player_zach
Wyrm Trainer

Need assistance? Friend me-Ankheku

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 10:39:18 pm »

RDRUS was split in the decision of the war cry and those that were going to be sent were waiting where to move to.  I personally wanted to join but couldn't leave dragons behind.  I know I tried the same thing with the raiding tournament and got shot down for the most part. A little spice and people are scared to do anything about it.  Some of the dragons in RDRUS are like me and love causing some fun in the game. We've had our own little skirmishes with the other clans. If war is going to be declared, I'd recommend just doing it instead of trying to make it fair for everyone. Just go for the kills Apoc! Go for the kills!

I'm game for some raids.  Though I'm not much of a challenge right now.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: