LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 22, 2017, 06:01:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MO and the new dragons  (Read 3100 times)
Rhaidarath
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:40:39 am »

I started to think that MO will ruin the game soon. Reason why I am saying this is, the new players who started to play PD2 has surely no MO. Lets say they trained a bit and want to enjoy the game with some raids and so on.

Dragon X (this is our new guy) found another young dragon Dragon Y on the map and want to lunch an attack. Problem is dragon Y has several big dragons as friend who has very high MOs.
  When dragon X arrives to the battle field, his MO will be too small compared to the average of the Dragon Y and his friend (lets say 20000 MO). As a result of this the battle will be mostly likely a loss for X.

Although X trained MO and have quite OK for his age and size due to the very high MO of the assistant dragon his efforts are useless. This might cause losing the new players or even not having any...

Am I correct on this or is there any hidden stuff which is preventing such situation?

I think the average MO should be limited to the defender's MO. In this case the new players can have a chance to survive and enjoy the game

Hippolyta
Draconic Legend

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 10:01:06 am »

I mostly agree and see here for lots more detail and angst on this sorta stuff.
I don't know about the limits of MO Sad I'd suggest the wiki, other than the thread I've linked up there?
the_kav
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:21:14 pm »

Why not put a cap on how big an assistant can be? Like, a new born could have a featherwieght or pipsqueak assist them, a featherweight can have a newborn, featherweight, pipsqueak and lightweight assist them, but a lightweight or a juvinile are too big to attack a newborn or a featherweight, and therefore can't assist them? Instead of messing with MO, try and make it so that MO monsters have to stick to their own size dragons for raiding or assisting.

Meat is murder! Hot, tasty, greasy murder!
masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:26:55 pm »

It won't matter, Kav.  Since training MO is not a turns based action, it doesn't matter what size the dragon is.  MOnsters are in all size ranges.

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
Sparkle
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 01:20:26 pm »

The only solution I can think of is to lower MO's effect on the attacker. Eventually, even wise target selection won't help new players in the future. They'll be weakened to the max on every raid.

Alternatively, only give younger dragons an advantage in raids when it comes to MO i.e. they'll be weakened by MO to a lesser extent than older dragons, when they raid. The problem is determining how young is a "young dragon". Perhaps, two hundred days after game release?
Rhaidarath
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 01:44:35 pm »

I think making the average MO capped at the defender's MO is the only solution. Size restriction will not solve it. As MF said a featherweight might have a huge MO as well. Other solution might be the age restriction to assist.
Wolfsister
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 01:56:31 pm »

Could there be an "effective MO" like effective stealth?  That way age could be factored in somehow, like cave size is factored in to stealth.  It might be too much to have it change based on the age difference between dragons in every battle, but there might be some sort of happy medium that would make it less impossible for newbies to win without penalizing people who train MO.

Impact
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 01:57:19 pm »

Interesting idea, but unfortunately not one likely to work without a lot of problems. In capping the MO to the defender, you also handicap the defender if they are being attacked by a high MO dragon. One way to limit damage when being attacked by a high MO dragon (unless the are a MOnster themselves) is to have a high MO assistant. Also, if you are being attacked by a dragon twice your size, often having a high MO assister makes the difference between surviving or not. And here it comes to bite you in the butt. Your young dragon is now attacked by an older dragon with a lot more MO, and can't defend by getting high MO help, since the MO is capped at the defender.

So your idea is to cap at defender so a new dragon stands a chance in raiding. Let's look at it:
XX is 50 days old, and has 5K MO (just throwing out numbers here, they could in "real life" have more or less).
He attacks YY dragon, who is also 50 days old, with 5K MO. But YY gets a 200 day old assistant ZZ with 30K MO, and so they wind up with an average of over 15 K. However in your case, that would be capped at 5K. So the playing field is even.
But lets say XX is a featherweight, and ZZ is a Pip. ZZ could attack XX, and XX is screwed, since the MO is capped at the defenders, so even a high MO assister can't make it more than 5K, and ZZ has over 30K....

Besides the fact, it kinda goes agains the purpose of MO, or at least what I think is the purpose of MO, to cap it...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 02:05:14 pm by Impact » Logged
the_kav
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 06:51:02 pm »

I've had a dragon with less MO than me help defend against a dragon with more MO than the 2 of us combined. And we won because we were smaller and nippy-er. I've had me and a dragon with an amazing amount of MO lose against the same dragon. The difference was.... the 2nd assistant wasn't as well trained as the first assistant. MO doesn't count for everything. I'd be more pleased to see a dragon the same size (or similar) allowed to assist me. Not a monster or a MOnster.

Meat is murder! Hot, tasty, greasy murder!
Impact
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 07:32:54 am »

Very true Kav. But the thought was more on how to  make MO even for newcomers, and I'm guessing they were assuming in a "perfect" battle where assister was similar size.
Wardragons744
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 02:02:05 am »

I guess having the weight class for assisting would be the ideal but for those dragons that are big or planning on being big, this is not a great idea. Big Metal dragons vs. small non vampire dragons = Big Metal is Awesome! The plan of mine is to get 100% metal and assist a ton to get stats back. I've reserched my future weight class and it just looks depressing........I mean very low presence. I hope it was only the ones I looked at but I fear it may be the majority that are like that. So I'm gonna rely on assists of smaller clan dragons and gold to lure in attackers. Just saying that if the weight class suggestion is considered it would be hard on big dragons in weight classes that are uncommon to others.

Co-Leader of {RDRUS}.  A new day a new clan. From the ashes a new dragon will arise.

Critical hit! XXXX takes 2,427 damage.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: