LiquidFyre Games Forums
June 27, 2017, 01:10:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Plea for new equipment!  (Read 16203 times)
Lucifer Rising
« on: July 09, 2009, 07:01:10 pm »

Has anyone heard about when the next set of equipment will be in?  I know many complained when the LAST set came out, but, really, it's time.  Some dragons have drastically outgrown the raider's/defenders sets, and this is making elemental hunting VERY difficult.  With full equipment and max potions (over 10k worth), I know one very chubby dragon who can only barely beat elementals that grant him a mere 6% attunement.  Even this, this certain very chubby dragon needs a lot of luck.

Some will say, I know, that the whole reason behind the recent nerf of potions/items was to help making elementals tougher.  I actually agree with this.  Nonetheless,  even then the nerf was to allow a max of 50% between potions/items, and the certain chubby dragon that I have in mind doesn't even get 20% in two key stats. 

For those of who not keeping score at home, that's 1/5 of a boost instead of 1/2 of a boost.  Translation:  elemental hunting is going ungodly slow.

Even if the new equipment doesn't come out SOON, I'd still like to know WHEN.  Items with 900 health don't last terribly long when elementals routinely deal you 800 damage per round.  I'd like to know if it's worth the time and money to uneqip this things and repair them.

So, um. . .. new equipment?  *nudge*nudge*

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:04:22 pm by Lucifer Rising » Logged
drakkhen
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 07:17:52 pm »

yes it is time, i'm in great need, and no beeching from the peanut gallery would be welcome too.
drakkhen
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 07:26:04 pm »

well when you repair eq, you can still sell it for the same price had you not spent money to repair it, the only time you loose is the re-equip time.
Lucifer Rising
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:56:15 pm »

The time factor of re-equipping and un-equipping is what I'm worried about.  Hour to unequip, hour to re-equip, then bang!  New stuff.  Two more hours wasted to equip THAT. 
Impact
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 08:14:41 pm »

With full equipment and max potions (over 10k worth), I know one very chubby dragon who can only barely beat elementals that grant him a mere 6% attunement.  Even this, this certain very chubby dragon needs a lot of luck.
Actually, even with getting full bonus from my equipment, I just barely beat that level of elemental. My understanding is it should be that way. It should be on the easy side to beat on that gives you barely any attunement, on the 50/50 chance of winning for moderate attunement, and near impossible for higher gains. With zero attunement, you should have only 50/50 shot at a lvl 3. a lvl 2 which would give you 7% should be maybe slightly better. Also you have to take into account that the elemental scales to your attunement in that level, and if you are currently attuned to a different elemental you could have an issue (if you are for example attacking a fire elemental and your fire attunement is 80%, so you go for a lvl 9 lets say, but you are currently attuned to Metal at 5%, the elementals stas will scale to your 80% fire, so be difficult, especially since your metal will do little damage).
I don't see this as a reason to release new equipment. It is WAY to early, only two months in, to have yet another release of equipment.
Lucifer Rising
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 08:30:26 pm »

I do understand that, Impact.  Nonetheless.  The point is, though, is that dragons DO outgrow equipment.  When my bonus from items is 10% (and shrinking everyday), while many other dragons can get 20% or even the full 25%.  Now, the justification the devs when releasing the last set was that, because of precisely this thing, the dragons who trained their stats more quickly or better than other dragons were in effect penalized.  That logic seems as applicable now as it does then.

Also, I never quite understood the argument about "releasing items too soon."  If PD2 were a finished game -- as almost every other game you'll ever play is -- then the sets would have been there from the very beginning.  This includes their as-yet-only-dreamed-about 1,000,000 gold items.  Instead of saying that equipment should be released more slowly, why not just be grateful you smaller dragons got what maneuvering room you did?
masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 01:07:38 am »

Please . ...we REALLY don't need new equipment yet. . . REALLY.

We just got over the last set . . . give it some time.

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
Il Palazzo
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 01:36:30 am »

Uh oh *braces for reactions*  Grin

Come to duel my cuddly ☻Night Terror☻
zontan
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 01:54:43 am »

Also, I never quite understood the argument about "releasing items too soon."  If PD2 were a finished game -- as almost every other game you'll ever play is -- then the sets would have been there from the very beginning.  This includes their as-yet-only-dreamed-about 1,000,000 gold items.  Instead of saying that equipment should be released more slowly, why not just be grateful you smaller dragons got what maneuvering room you did?

I'm with you 100% there, Lucifer. I don't see why people are complaining so much when dragons that join later will have the opportunity to buy every set of equipment from the very start. If anything, it should be released faster, to make sure that if there is any POSSIBLE need for it, it is available, as it would be to those who come along later.

Sparkle
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 07:33:39 am »

I also want new equipment. It's necessary for us bigger dragons who actually spend some time growing.
Ill_save_myself
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 07:38:21 am »

I cannot beleive you are complaining about needing all potions and equipment to get a mere 6% from an elemental.  They were not meant to be beaten easy and 6% is actually quite a lot.  You could only beat elementals for higher than this before because equipment was overpowered.  Try fighting a Doppel for just 4% attunement and see how hard that is before complaining about 6%.  Elementals are not supposed to be easy to attune to.

I for one hope we are a long long way off any new equipment upgrade.

Is this a brag post in disguise because if you are only getting 10% bonus from equipment this puts your dragon strength alone at about 12k!!!  Shocked
Sparkle
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 07:55:45 am »

i think doppel is supposed to be hard.

it's a different story with the other elementals. 6% bonus from an elemental is much easier for a smaller dragon that it is for a bigger dragon
Ill_save_myself
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 08:25:32 am »

Well, what made me write the post was that a friend of mine yesterday gained ~17% attunement from only 2 elemental fights.  He's still only a pipsqueak. Maybe he was insanely lucky -- I don't know.  If someone is having trouble getting 6% attunement with a 50% items/potions bonus, though, then I have to suppose they're doing something wrong.

I assume to get that much he is either very young and could make notable stat increases once the battle is set, or the first battle was a high level element v a low one of another element. 

i.e.  he had 80% fire and fought a level 3 ice.

The last time I switched elements I had a 64% doppel v a level 4 vampire which gave me 7.2% and I beat it very easy with equipment and just the basic potion.
Itay
Dragon Rider

when you need to rawr, rawr, don't talk!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 08:27:12 am »

1. some dragons need it. that's enough.
2. "just got over"? get real... I've been waiting for the new equipment for days. the dev's gave it more then enough time already. (and btw, what happened to your logical arguments? Huh? they usually help me a lot when discussing those issues...)

I cannot beleive you are complaining about needing all potions and equipment to get a mere 6% from an elemental.  They were not meant to be beaten easy and 6% is actually quite a lot.  You could only beat elementals for higher than this before because equipment was overpowered.  Try fighting a Doppel for just 4% attunement and see how hard that is before complaining about 6%.  Elementals are not supposed to be easy to attune to.

6% is a lot... on my first element, b4 the item nerf, I sometimes had to go for 2-3% each time, because the higher levels were impossible...

CLICK
mtg_player_zach
Wyrm Trainer

Need assistance? Friend me-Ankheku

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 09:04:24 am »

We need new items, dragons like lucy are having problems fighting elementals, by teh mere fact that they have outgrown their equipment.  They struggle getting that 6% while I can take elementals 25% more than me with relative ease.  Thing is lucy probably has higher stats than mine in every category, so the fact that he is having a harder time than me isn't fair.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: