LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 24, 2017, 03:17:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Dopple  (Read 25575 times)
drakkhen
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2009, 11:02:45 pm »

What's the best tactic to take when you are getting your a$$ handed to you?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:29:38 am by drakkhen » Logged
Alfarion
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 01:50:26 am »

What do you mean?
I think you have to be more specific if you expect meaningful help.
Bone
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 03:05:17 am »

The biggest thing in general that helped me is to make sure that my strength and speed are Far into the yellow/orange before I gained more weight. Having the armor and accessories are great because they add significant boosts to your dragon. As for your vision, I try to keep mine a few hundred above my speed bcuz I like to use the speed boosting potions. So if you're not hitting, stop gaining weight. You have a question about the dopple elemental?

King Bone - Golden Pooper VI on PD1; _____ on PD2
Elektro7
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 03:59:47 pm »

Assuming by the topic title that you are currently a doppelganger element, i'd advise switching elements

Doppelganger may seem good at first, but in reality, it isn't very good, if you're fighting a light elemental, the LAST this you want is to morph into a light elemental to match them, there are MUCH better elements you could be using, same with ice, shadow, and poison.

Also, the stat boosts are horrible, -5% MO and +2% everything else, seriously? air gives +20% speed, a massive advantage, physic gives +20% vision, very nice, shadow's +20% stealth is also great if you plan on holding large amounts of gold, and vampire is broken right now, so if you want some temporary (until it's fixed) amazingness, vampire is #1.

Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 05:46:28 pm »

Erm, throw everything you have at them equipment/potion wise. Don't get over ambitious with the level you fight. 20% higher than you should be about the max, unless it's really close. You don't want to lose a fight you flew 12 hours to if you can help it. That's about it, my whole doppel strategy. Personally I've never switched elements to fight a doppel like others, and so far I've lost one fight, which was 65% attunement going for a level 9. Kinda expected that result. Happy hunting.

I am so omniscient that if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both.
Also, WDoV and stuff
Ill_save_myself
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 12:53:40 pm »

If you fight a Doppel 20% above you then you weill get badly owned unless you get a super favourable RNG for the fight.  You generally have to be potioned up to hell just to beat one 10% above you.
Bone
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 09:39:15 pm »

If you fight a Doppel 20% above you then you weill get badly owned unless you get a super favourable RNG for the fight.  You generally have to be potioned up to hell just to beat one 10% above you.

Potions? Forget potions, just get stacked up with the armor, the stats of elementals are calculated before the stat increases of armor is taken into account. Or at least from what I can read. So if you have armor that gives you higher than 10% then you have the advantage. That 10% changes with the higher lvl of the dragon. Well that is a big guess so don't quote me on it Wink

Ill_save_myself
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 10:23:28 am »

Potions? Forget potions, just get stacked up with the armor, the stats of elementals are calculated before the stat increases of armor is taken into account. Or at least from what I can read. So if you have armor that gives you higher than 10% then you have the advantage. That 10% changes with the higher lvl of the dragon. Well that is a big guess so don't quote me on it Wink

I meant on top of armour.  25% extra on armour and 25% extra on potions is not enough for a doppel 20% above you in attunement.
Bone
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 02:08:37 am »

yeah it is Smiley I've beaten lvl 10s already. I beat lvl 10s with the raider armor and raider wings and no potions. That was like 50 days in and my stats deep into the yellow/orange. So don't waste your gold on potions till you have at least one item for every body part. imo. Unless you're raiding which is diff story.

Paragon
Draconic Legend

Don't be afraid. Together we can make it.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 05:25:51 am »

doppel
Here's the important word Bone.

A doppel at Lv10 gets a 25% higher attunement than you and it's stats are 20% more powerful than any other element. You need both equipment and potions to get 5% over it, and that's assuming you can fully cap your stats. If you've grown even a little bit above the item bonuses the doppel will always have the advantage.
You can wipe out 25% of it's advantage by fighting doppel to doppel, but then you become the RNG's plaything (and the RNG isn't our friend Wink).

So don't waste your gold on potions till you have at least one item for every body part.
*gasp* Doesn't everyone have full armour?
How many dragons are flying around half-naked? Cover your shame!

The following number:
may be illegal for you to read. So please, whatever you do, don't read it.

Hmm... too late Sad
Il Palazzo
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 05:27:32 am »

yeah it is Smiley I've beaten lvl 10s already. I beat lvl 10s with the raider armor and raider wings and no potions. That was like 50 days in and my stats deep into the yellow/orange. So don't waste your gold on potions till you have at least one item for every body part. imo. Unless you're raiding which is diff story.
Actually that's useful for dragon vs dragon combat. It's just meaningless against elementals, as their stats are scaled to yours Wink
And 50 days in means that gear alone gave you +50% a that time, while you need full gear+potions to obtain the same result now.

Come to duel my cuddly ☻Night Terror☻
Drakengard
Dragon Rider

This is my dragon. His name is Drakengard.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 09:55:25 pm »

Right now, I'm 60% attuned to doppelganger, and I've had to use 93,500 treasure just to buy all the potions that i needed to take on these massively overpowered doppelgangers. I started the doppelganger hunt just after the items were nerfed... lucky me.

but still, the potions work: I've only lost 2 battles out of 13 when it comes to doppelgangers. my advice is to just use alot of potions if you want to quickly gain doppelganger attunement.

By the way, I noticed something: When my dragon is 50% boosted from both potions and equipment (I had a set of basic defenders gear and I used every potion except stealth goo and strange green liquid), he failed to defeat a doppelganger that had 1.63x more health; but under the same conditions, he PWNED a doppelganger with 1.48x more health. So if you see a dopp that has 1.63x the health you have or higher, then RETREAT. There's no way that it can be beaten until you gain some more dopp attunement. If you see a doppelganger with like 1.48x more health than you, then your dragon should be able to PWN them with a 50% bonus to stats from potions/equipment. Just a little something I noticed that might help someone out there.

*edit*

And this is just some random complaint that has no importance, and I just wanted to get off my chest:
I just hate the fact that I spent 90K+ on potions just for the doppelganger hunts when I probably wouldn't have had to spend a dime if only I decided to go after the elements BEFORE the devs nerfed the items. It's just really unfair to all the other players who are currently hunting dopps to be stuck using a 1.5x boost while other players who began the hunt early and are 100% dopp attuned got to double their stats, or not spend a dime on potions and have a 1.5x boost just by having equipment. anyone else kinda feel the same way?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:09:29 pm by drakengard » Logged

Witchfinder
Draconic Legend

Pirating, I can't help it, it's in the blood

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 12:36:49 am »

LOL, I know how you feel, I have just over 80% attunement to dopple, and now it is costing a fortune in potions and taking ages to even find them and beat them, but what the heck, it was my choice, now I just hunt the level that gives me some attunement, currently level 8, when they no longer give me any attunement I will switch to level 9's,

Got brave the other day though, found a level 10 and thought whats the harm................ anyone know the best glue to use to stick a dragon back together......ouch.

"Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science fiction!"
"We live on a spaceship, dear"
The Masked Tomato
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 03:34:52 am »

Personally, I use staples instead of glue =/

tirednemotional
Wyrm Trainer

Soup anyone?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 03:08:08 pm »

and lots of sticky tape ( and I mean a lot ) 

Trying a new strategy...

* Personal ads *

Lonely Dragon currently seeking Level 6/7 Dopple for walks in the park and picnics on the beach.. 

Do you think it'll work, they're playing hard to get   Angry

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: