LiquidFyre Games Forums
October 22, 2017, 08:17:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Achievements should be rewarded with gold!  (Read 6554 times)
Xtowers
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2007, 09:22:26 pm »

I like achievements, but why not reward them? I think gold is a good reward. What do you think? It doesn't have to be a huge amount, but maybe 100 for the lower ranked achievements up to 500 for the higher ranked achievements. I don't know how far the achievements go, but don't you think this is a good idea?  silver wink
Sara
Draconic Legend

Dragon Tamer and Writer Extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 09:49:48 pm »

I don't like this idea.  Why gold?  Why not special trophies?  I like trophies.  I can display them forever instead of having my rewards sucked up by attackers or eventual shop items. gold tongue

(Not to mention that 100-500 gold is such small amounts, it's not worth bothering with.)

FierceDragoness
Draconic Legend

Dragons 4 LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 10:50:45 pm »

I must agree with Sara. If i want gold ill just go look for it. And i rather keep my reward(s) for my achievement(s)!  red smile

R.I.P. Joshua "Maniac" Giddings~ I love you and miss you Kiss  red tongue
The PD Dictionary!
http://www.petdragonsfbapp.com/forum/index.php?topic=1508.new#new
masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 10:52:05 pm »

I'm with Sara on this one too . . .

What WOULD be nice is if achievements were visible to all other players. . . . so that when they view your dragon (lets say prior to an attack), they see your achievements Cheesy

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
mrwire
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 12:29:44 am »

Achievements and Items would both be nice to display to others.

***Out of curiosity, how does one defend one's hoard when one is off attacking others?***

Instead of drinking potions to boost power, can we not eat maidens?
Xtowers
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 02:00:57 am »

I don't like this idea.  Why gold?  Why not special trophies?  I like trophies.  I can display them forever instead of having my rewards sucked up by attackers or eventual shop items. gold tongue

(Not to mention that 100-500 gold is such small amounts, it's not worth bothering with.)

Well I suggested such small amounts for that exact reason. Its not worth enough to go way out of your way to bother with. However, I like the idea of having achievements worth more than their face value (their name). Plus it gives new dragons a chance to make some gold, if they choose to not collect any gold (and spend points on hunting/fighting). Then it would just get more gold out into the game, and perhaps on those dragons with only a few scattered coins, aka 0 gold.

To be honest, I don't think this is a bad idea. There are no negatives with this idea and it isn't abusable. It seems the dissenters to my idea are just afraid of losing their gold. Wasn't this game all about making a dragon to steal gold from other dragons? Why wouldn't you want to amass gold?
Shatiz
Draconic Legend

I'm right, you're wrong

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 02:13:33 am »

I think we agree with the idea of granting something for achieving the goals... we just don't agree that a bit of pocket change is the best reward. In fact, it sort of cheapens the whole thing.

Reward yes, pocket change no.

"Invader blood courses through my veins like radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me, do not ignore my veins!"

Btw I've turned off signatures so if I never comment on how awesome yours is - it is because I can't see it.
Joelhuang
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 03:00:03 am »

ok i think there's a frequency gap in the thinking between the topic starter and the rest...

what the majority(including me) are saying is that that little bit of gold is 1) not as reflective of the glorious feats achieved(500 gold for any achievement that takes at least 5 days, not good); instead a trophy or something that can be shown to everyone that "hey i did this!" would be better off than the gold.

key flaw about rewarding gold: new players can hunt slowly, no point in giving them any gold in the beginning since
1) the cheapest thing costs 10k, and
2) by the time you can afford it, you'd rather wish you could get a trophy for your achievements instead, lol.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 03:02:23 am by Joelhuang » Logged
Dragor The Relentless
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 03:03:25 am »

Hear Hear!!

Benjibob
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 04:30:37 am »

I wouldnt mind like an extra say 50 turns.  Then that gives you a reason to really be strategic and enjoy the game to the fullest.  So I wont stay on my cave because I can possibly get an extra 50 turns, or killing 15 baddies, etc

Not necessarily 50 perhaps, but preferably a reward which is turn based for me!
Joelhuang
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 07:06:58 am »

I wouldnt mind like an extra say 50 turns.  Then that gives you a reason to really be strategic and enjoy the game to the fullest.  So I wont stay on my cave because I can possibly get an extra 50 turns, or killing 15 baddies, etc

Not necessarily 50 perhaps, but preferably a reward which is turn based for me!

most likely not, this will widen the gap and cause a 'neverending' cycle where you just keep getting stronger and the poor gets poorer from losing continually. its already mentioned in the rules
neo-bahamut
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 07:14:54 am »

It shouldnt be anything that effects the game, but as many people have said other players whould be also to see you have completed the achevement.

Neo-bahamut 250,000 lbs, has about 200k in gold, and looking for a fight.
Xovran
Dragon Rider

Tasty morsels these humans are.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 07:20:02 am »

I like the displayed award system. Maybe something of a military style denoting your dragon's rank in certain areas. This would create not only rewards/medals it would establish titles, which I find most appealing.

Dragons are the only mystical creatures to be seen in every culture throughout time.
http://www.judahmahay.com
masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 11:20:10 am »

Benji,
  Gog doesn't NEED more turns.  He's already a supreme being who crushes all who oppose him, remember?

That being said, I'm most DEFINITELY against more turns.  As I said before, a little line of text or a "trophy" that is visible to other players is about the best reward possible for your achievements.

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
Joelhuang
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 11:24:54 am »

That being said, I'm most DEFINITELY against more turns.  As I said before, a little line of text or a "trophy" that is visible to other players is about the best reward possible for your achievements.

i totally concur. things like adding more turn leads to a neverending cycle(darn, how many times must i repeat this statement?), which is mentioned in the rules, if you did read them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: