LiquidFyre Games Forums
June 27, 2017, 06:21:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you like dragons? (Random Thread)  (Read 873 times)
Shogun
Wyrm Trainer

I pity the fool!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 26, 2009, 04:41:52 am »

I'm posting this to share my love of dragons--which started at a very young age.  I'm hoping people will find these amusing, and perhaps share their own.

When I was about five years old...my mom would tell me "I'm leaving for about an hour....".  She would explain that she was driving up a mountain to a sleeping dragon...to get dragon scales...  I always worried she would be hurt...but she never was.  Dragon scale soup.  I'll never forget it...

When she got back, she cooked a soup..with some sort of thick vegetable...I'll have to ask her what it was...but it was good..I was eating dragon scales!

Around the same time, living on Vancouver Island, we spent most of our weekends and vacations in Tofino: a small hippie town on the west coast....We always stayed on one particular beach...which, at low tide, provided access to a small island....this island had a blowhole.  I was a big fan of Disney's Pete's Dragon by this point...  The blowhole would just burst up like a geyser.  My mom told me a dragon lived beneath the island...

I used to beg to go out at low tide....and the lighthouse nearby...I always looked for the dragon.  I knew he was powerful, but kind.

Later, I became very into fantasy yadda yadda...but my love of dragons began very early on in my life. 

I wrote a poem in my 20's.  Picture a 2-D black and white comic style page.  A hill.  A woman driving up the hill in an old black volvo...sneaking up on a dragon in slumber...and plucking scales...for dinner...this is how I envisioned this whole thing...and it was thrilling.

Anyway, lol...maybe others have dragon tales to tell~ red wink
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:43:28 am by Shogun » Logged

Bone
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:09:10 pm »

My reason is simple, cuz they're friggin awesome!!!

King Bone - Golden Pooper VI on PD1; _____ on PD2
estelle
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 08:18:32 am »

Second that one gold wink

"It's not the size of the dragon in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dragon that matters."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: