LiquidFyre Games Forums
August 17, 2017, 09:15:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea to make stealth more valuable stat to have  (Read 3354 times)
Bohica82
Wyrm Trainer

We fought for Rome, and THIS IS NOT IT!

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2009, 06:42:27 pm »

This was posted in clan thread, and OP didn't want to come and make a forum acct, so I was asked to post on their behalf.

"You know... Since stealth is such a useless stat right now, I sat and thought about it for a bit. How cool would it be if you were so stealthy that your attackee didn't have any warning of your attack"

My own response to that:

Creative idea, you should post it on the forums. I would counter it, to attempt to balance it. So that you could possibly remain undetected for up to the duration of your prep time, including equipment changes. That would still allow for a defense, but a much shorter chance.

PD2 Dragon: Renobig [DOA]

Elektro7
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 06:55:24 pm »

That's actually a pretty good idea, but be wary of the flood of people about to come up with theoretical scenarios about how people who don't have constant access to the game will be at a disadvantage.

+1

While we're on the topic of stealth though, just wondering, but would you say 934 effective stealth is a lot?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:58:42 pm by Elektro7 » Logged

Paragon
Draconic Legend

Don't be afraid. Together we can make it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 06:58:06 pm »

That's actually a pretty good idea, but be wary of the flood of people about to come up with theoretical scenarios about how people who don't have constant access to the game will be at a disadvantage.
Theoretical?

I've regularly done 1 minute flights. Tell me how anyone could defend against that without prep time?

If I had a photobucket account I'd upload a screenshot and prove it to you. It isn't theoretical. It's real.

The following number:
may be illegal for you to read. So please, whatever you do, don't read it.

Hmm... too late Sad
Elektro7
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 07:00:25 pm »

That's not a theoretical scenario, and from experience I can tell you that a lot of people will make up scenarios, whole others will use real examples.

Bohica82
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 07:03:25 pm »

Just keep in mind that it works both ways. You know all the scenarios, and as eluded to, lets just stay away from that game. But if you are a stealthy dragon, you should be able to get closer to your attack unnoticed. The idea might be a bit extreme, but you could just shorten the length of the "unnoticed sneaking"

Elektro7
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 07:06:38 pm »

See? Scenarios about alternate actions you could take now, it's an alternative, they don't want me to be right about the scenario's topic, so they're finding loopholes.

Paragon
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 07:13:25 pm »

Well, it's 2am here, I'm about to go to sleep, and I've just had two attacks start on me. One of them will finish before I wake up. The other I need an alarm to make sure I reach it in time.
Some dragons are mean [censored].
I wish this scenario was theoretical Wink

The idea might be a bit extreme, but you could just shorten the length of the "unnoticed sneaking"
This could work. Shortening the flight time can be made fair. Shortening the prep time is a complete no-no.

they don't want me to be right about the scenario's topic, so they're finding loopholes.
Huh?

The following number:

Hmm... too late Sad
Bohica82
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 07:15:26 pm »

You could counter the 1 minute flight by saying you better have lots of friends that are anywhere between 1 and 11 minutes away. You could get away with 1 free round of an attack without an assistant being in your face. This could be just the idea to give some benefit for being an attacker. I know there have been many complaints about defenses being too powerful. This doesn't actually make you stronger, just less time for the defender to prepare, and for an assistant to show up.

Itay
Dragon Rider

when you need to rawr, rawr, don't talk!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 07:24:09 pm »

maybe cut the total time by up to 25%? (based on defender's vision vs attacker's stealth)

CLICK
Bohica82
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 07:27:49 pm »

I am not suggesting that the actual prep time be lowered. This would completely ruin it all. Not to mention it isn't logical. Just that while you are doing your prep time, the person you are attacking does not recieve the notification, until whatever the decided upon length of stealth is expired.

Bohica82
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 07:30:32 pm »

The basic formula I like though. Obviously needs tweaking. Seeing as  all but maybe 1% of active dragons have high vision and negative stealth. So to get the benefits they would have to raise effective stealth exponentially.

Paragon
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 07:33:00 pm »

You could counter the 1 minute flight by saying you better have lots of friends that are anywhere between 1 and 11 minutes away.
Done Smiley
The fact that I can still get assistance within a round doesn't help the other 20,000 dragons in the game that can't though.

You could get away with 1 free round of an attack without an assistant being in your face.
I've killed someone in a single round. If you were assisting against me then, I hope you weren't late gold wink

I am not suggesting that the actual prep time be lowered. This would completely ruin it all. Not to mention it isn't logical. Just that while you are doing your prep time, the person you are attacking does not recieve the notification, until whatever the decided upon length of stealth is expired.
The point of prep time is for the defender to get assistance. After all, it isn't there to help raiders is it? Tongue

I don't mind the concept (I'd like stealth to be useful), but I would want a minimum time for the defender to get assistance. Itay's idea does just that, and I could go with that idea.

The following number:

Hmm... too late Sad
Bohica82
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 08:13:41 pm »

Paragon, the effect is the same really on the defenders end. If the prep time is shortened, or your stealthed for the same amount of time, you still have the quicker incoming. The reason I suggest it not being shown, is that you must balance it so that stealth doesn't actually make you get to a fight faster. Like I said, being stealthier doesn't make you faster.

Itay
Dragon Rider

when you need to rawr, rawr, don't talk!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 08:29:24 pm »

what I meant was to cut by up to 25% the time the defender can see the incoming... not the time the attacker would have to prepare and fly...

CLICK
Bohica82
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 08:37:59 pm »

This would have to be looked at deeper I think. I am trying to think about if it should be a % of the prep time, or the overall time. I kinda think it should be the overall time. I was also thinking instead of a fourth, maybe around a third of the time maximum being "stealthed" the cap somewhere around 30-35%. I do think there should be a little more incentive than the other bonuses out there since you must sacrifice to be stealthy. If any of you crazy mathmetician types are out there, please feel free to do some calculations so this might become a fruitful idea.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: