LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 22, 2017, 06:01:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: an idea for the secret element *spoiler warning*  (Read 2861 times)
Drakengard
Dragon Rider

This is my dragon. His name is Drakengard.

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2009, 08:01:20 am »

I was thinking... how about making the doppelganger element available after only attuning to just a few elements, and not all 16. Wait, before you call this a bad idea, just here me out: the doppelganger is for shape shifting right? once you have attuned to 2 or more elements, that means you are now have the ability to change elements, and since you have that ability, why not introduce the shape shifter then? I don't see why you need all 16 to be able to shape shift. And if the doppelganger is used to counter-act other elements (such as morphing to poison to counteract posion), then you don't really need all 16 elements anyways. Electricity counteracts electricity, but electricity can also can also counter act poison to some degree. Light will counter act light, but it can also counter act both shadow and ice to a certain degree. Metal counter acts metal, but it completely cancels out vampire. I was thinking of have a page where you can set your shape shifter dragon to shape shift to a certain element if it encounters a certain type of elemental dragon. If I've attuned to metal and the shapeshifter element, then I think it would be awesome if there was a special page where I could set my dragon to change to metal if he encounters either a metal or a vampire dragon.

what do you guys think? I kinda feel like this is gonna end up being a bad idea because I might have forgotten to consider something, but at the same time, I really don't feel like I need all 16 elements to shape shift to another element.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 01:27:13 pm by drakengard » Logged

LoS
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:07:28 am »

Well, your dragon basically has no experiences with those other elements, so how would s/he know what s/he's transforming into?

BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 08:09:12 am »

Okay a few things:

1) It was determined that the doppelganger element was too easy to get and that was why they expanded it to needing all 16 elements. I cannot recall what it was previous to this, just that it was much easier (in beta). I personally feel it is still far too easy, even if the dopp elements are harder to beat. I know of someone that already has 50%+ (more like 60%+) dopp attunement. This early in the game that should not have been possible.

2) The idea of one element counteracting another was generally regarded as something that was done far too much in games where you can get attunement to an element. Each element is balanced against one another so that each stands on its own and I prefer that.

Now, to counter the overpowering of the doppelganger element, I was thinking about another idea... but I want to speak to a dev about it first. It may be impossible given the current structure of the game.

Danasi and Apprentice
Fledgling Caretaker

The celebrated dragon champion of Lincolnshire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:12:45 am »

I was also thinking that Dopple is a bit overpowered and wouldn't want to see it get easier to obtain. Sorry drakengard.
Galaxy
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:14:18 am »

I currently have 54.58% attunement to a Doppleganger, in 5 minutes I hope that is going to go up.  I have worked very hard to get there and would not be at all happy if Dopplegangers were suddenly made much easier to get!
Il Palazzo
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 08:21:13 am »

Doppelgangers are really fine as they are. Not too hard, not too easy, makes you sometimes strong, sometimes weak (like fighting a weaker dragon with undead, totally useless for example)

Come to duel my cuddly ☻Night Terror☻
Drakengard
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 08:35:35 am »

alright fine -_-

I'll be honest, the reason I wanted this to happen was because I only wanted to attune to 10 elements instead of 16 because I felt the other 6 were useless. but I guess that would be unfair to the players that are already like 60% attuned to dopp, and I guess that was the thing I was forgetting to consider which made my idea a bad idea.

BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 08:39:59 am »

Still, it is a good idea to throw ideas out there. God knows that I have thrown enough ideas out there, most of which were shot down, but a few were actually incorporated into the game so it is worth it.

mooreUSMC
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 08:54:29 am »

Shouldnt this thread have some sort of spoiler warning since not everyone knows how to get said element, and perhaps they dont want to be told outright?
Drakengard
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 09:44:51 am »

ok, I'll edit the title and put *spoiler warning* on it. Sorry about that

mooreUSMC
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 10:48:21 am »

Haha no problem for me, I just wanted to make sure people were aware that this thread contains information that not everyone has Smiley
Galbraith
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 12:02:48 pm »

Shouldnt this thread have some sort of spoiler warning since not everyone knows how to get said element, and perhaps they dont want to be told outright?
Leaving "Doppelganger" in the title is already a spoiler. I'd never heard of it before I saw the thread, but it's good to know since apparently I'm WAY behind now.
Drakengard
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 01:33:24 pm »

there, I changed the title again so that it says secret element. While this is still a bit of a spoiler, I want to leave it because I want people who have never read this thread before to know what I'm talking about by reading the title, and I can't do that without spoiling the secret element a bit.

Galbraith
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 01:50:45 pm »

Ah, I wasn't complaining that you posted the name. I was trying to thank you for posting the info. This is good to know, so thanks!
Drakengard
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 02:17:11 pm »

oh I see, you're welcome then Smiley

are you planning on trying to get the doppelganger? If you are going for it, best of luck

I was considering it... but then I decided not to because getting that element means that I'll end up going from having 100% attunement to light down to having like 10% attunement to other elements and end up being elementally weak for like the next 17 weeks as I try to do nothing else but hunt for elements. If I could lock onto the light element while my dragon hunts for other elements, that would be great, but I can't do that, so I think I'll stick with light.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: