LiquidFyre Games Forums
December 15, 2017, 07:10:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Post the most gold a defender has dumped during your raid!  (Read 15255 times)
michugana
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2009, 07:55:40 am »

Ok, this is a thread for all those raiders who find a juicy target only to have them dump their gold, leaving you with few shinies. Rant away! Here's the biggest one I've seen, which just happened to me last night.

Original amount - Ooh, Shinies!
Post dump amount - Some spare change
Estimated gold dumpage - ~$50,000
Whiskeyjack
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 12:27:00 pm »

lol, Mich, just got this a few hours ago.

Original amount - Ooh Shinies!
Post dump amount - Shameful
possible gold dumped - 50,000 - 100,000

You defeated ********** in combat and stole 175 treasure!  Very frustrating,lol.
Fossilized
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 01:18:13 pm »

Two consecutive raids from yesterday ....

Original amount - Loaded
Estimated gold dumpage - ~$100,000-200,000
You stole 346 treasure.   Hmmmmmm! blue angry

Post dump amount - Laughable
Estimated gold dumpage - ~$50,000-100,000
You stole 12 treasure  Arrrgh!  blue angry blue angry

And just to top it all off, on the raid following these two I got hammered by a wizzy, too-small-to-hit dragon  blue angry blue angry blue angry

Yup, yesterday was a great day for raids, lol  blue wink
Epicurian
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 01:29:57 am »

end result: wasnt able to get the gold needed for the equipment necessary to take on a level 4 elemental today ::sigh::

Surely you can't be that averse to spending turns treasure hunting? I've got as much equipment bolted onto my dragon as they'll sell me, but if I'd saved up the shinies to do so through raiding, I'd probably only have gotten enough for a Basic Raider Knitted Sock (+2 Strength, no gold theft bonus, but keeps your feet nice and toasty)

Personally, the only thing that would miff me about gold dumping is being deprived of the 'Biggest Raid' rankings and achievements.
michugana
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 07:06:20 am »

Two consecutive raids from yesterday ....

Original amount - Loaded
Estimated gold dumpage - ~$100,000-200,000
You stole 346 treasure.   Hmmmmmm! blue angry

Post dump amount - Laughable
Estimated gold dumpage - ~$50,000-100,000
You stole 12 treasure  Arrrgh!  blue angry blue angry

And just to top it all off, on the raid following these two I got hammered by a wizzy, too-small-to-hit dragon  blue angry blue angry blue angry

Yup, yesterday was a great day for raids, lol  blue wink

WOW. That is harsh. Feel bad for you!
neellocm
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 07:09:18 am »

Were those dumps or were they raids?   Maybe someone else beat you to their gold?
SaintG
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 07:16:15 am »

Were those dumps or were they raids?   Maybe someone else beat you to their gold?
Or maybe the defender had the scandalous idea to use the shinies to (try to) improve their defenses. If you haven't invested in the new, cool equipment it is easy to invest 150k in useful equipment, which most players so far hasn't considered dumping. I invested everything except 2-digit shinies when the new equipment came out and I got an incoming at the same time. The gold was saved for new and better equipment, and the attacker used enough time for me to get into most of it. But it probably didn't look nice from their point of view.

Personally I now have 44 successful raids and still haven't seen anything I would claim to be gold dumping.
Fossilized
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 12:46:51 pm »

You're right, I was using the term "dumped" very loosely - both my targets had had other visitors before I arrived, so it wasn't really 'dumping' in the strict sense. And, of course SaintG has a point that you can  spend _a lot_ of shinies on defensive goodies. From my point of view the end effect was the same, though - nothing left to steal  blue sad blue grin

Not that I really have a problem with dumping anyway - sure it's frustrating to fly a long way and reap meager rewards. BUT ... when I go raiding, what I'm basically doing is violently entering another dragon's home, beating them to a bloody pulp and making off with their valuables. All things considered, I think dumping's quite a reasonable response  blue wink  blue tongue
Drakengard
Dragon Rider

This is my dragon. His name is Drakengard.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 01:39:01 pm »

well, the dragon I raided didn't dump nearly as much as what some of you guys are posting, but it was the first time I came across a dumper, and now I can feel the frustration, lol

Original amount: Oooh shinnies
by the time I got there: Shameful

exact range of dumpage: 49,000 - 99,500 gold

I used 2K worth of potions and won the raid with 79% health left, I came back home with only 66 gold to show for it  Angry

BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 03:21:53 pm »

I can one up you there... Ooh Shinies to Laughable.

Drakengard
Dragon Rider

This is my dragon. His name is Drakengard.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 03:30:44 pm »

I can one up you there... Ooh Shinies to Laughable.

did you end up using pirate potions and having a negative profit margin like I did? If you did, then that would definitely be a one up

neellocm
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 03:39:00 pm »

Loaded to several sackfulls... I raided back about a third of what I used on potions... At least I did steal a flask.. or two  red wink
tenwit
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 04:21:27 pm »

Meh.  I don't think I've ever made a profit raiding.  Biggest raid something like 750gold.  I consider it a good day when I win and lose a tooth  green teeth green grin
Narvuntien
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 07:42:01 pm »

I can't remember exactly but I was on the end of Hearthforges dumping which I believe was due to someone other than me. I can't remember if it was wall to wall or blinged out... down to respectable.

Fearless, Determined Greedy

"tree stuck in cat firefighters baffeld"- simcity3000
BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 10:13:18 pm »

did you end up using pirate potions and having a negative profit margin like I did? If you did, then that would definitely be a one up

that particular battle I won a whole 5 gold as they had dumped everything.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: