LiquidFyre Games Forums
October 22, 2017, 08:19:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Specifics on elemental bonuses  (Read 1302 times)
zontan
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2009, 08:16:32 pm »

Alright, so I was thinking that it would be nice to be able to see visible improvements with elements as a battle progresses. For some elements, like fire, nature, and metal, it's easy to see, but others you really can't tell what effect they're having on the battle.

Things like:

XXX charges up her electricity, and gains 15 strength, or
XXX focuses, and increases in 5 speed and 5 vision, or something.

The only problem I can think of with this is that it may give away the stats of your opponent... but then again, some already have visible numeric values, so I dunno.

Alternatively, just tell us the numeric benefits in damage, like:

XXX deals 23 damage plus 4 from her increased strength! or
XXX's increased speed allows her to dodge out of the way.

It could be interesting to see the differences as attunement went up.

masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 10:43:16 pm »

These are intentionally kept secret, for just the purpose you mentioned black tongue

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
zontan
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 01:40:22 pm »

Then how come we can see exactly how much damage Fire does or Nature regenerates or Metal reflects? Wouldn't that also 'give away their statistics', then?

Perhaps doing it in terms of stat gains wouldn't work, but doing it in terms of extra damage or extra dodges shouldn't change anything.

Myr
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 03:15:19 pm »

Because fire, nature and metal are a reflection of the amount of damage done in that round, not a reflection of your opponent's strength, vision, etc.
zontan
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 04:08:30 pm »

So again, how would putting in whether you dodged due to vision loss or how much of the damage you dealt was extra because of electricity change anything? Wouldn't that also be a 'reflection of the amount of damage done in the round'? As it is, most elements we have only messages saying yes, they're doing something. What are they doing? ...who knows? Hopefully something. I can't tell.

Defractor
Wyrm Trainer

with each iteration a more refined dragon.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 12:48:48 am »

(correct me if I'm wrong, i haven't fought against all of them yet)

can tell exactly:    
Fire
Air
Earth
Metal
Vampire
Nature
Undead (health bar upon revival?)
Psychic
can't tell exactly:
Poison
Chaos
Light
Shadow
Water
Ice
Energy
Electric

half and half seems about right... 
Bohica82
Wyrm Trainer

We fought for Rome, and THIS IS NOT IT!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 04:07:28 am »

I like the idea, I like to know how I am progressing in my elemental attunement. Why not make the reporting one sided? If that is possible. Ie. The standard report is something like "Dragon gets boost to vision and speed" . If this is your dragon, in your combat summary it still says "Dragon gets boost to vision and speed" but something like (+4)(+3) with 4 being reletive to vision and 3 to speed obviously. And your opponent will just see "Dragon gets boost to vision and speed"

PD2 Dragon: Renobig [DOA]

HellLord
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 03:20:30 pm »

I like the idea, I like to know how I am progressing in my elemental attunement. Why not make the reporting one sided? If that is possible. Ie. The standard report is something like "Dragon gets boost to vision and speed" . If this is your dragon, in your combat summary it still says "Dragon gets boost to vision and speed" but something like (+4)(+3) with 4 being reletive to vision and 3 to speed obviously. And your opponent will just see "Dragon gets boost to vision and speed"

With this forum, the wiki and most of the all the up and coming clans, these infos won't be a secret for long no matter what Wink ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: