LiquidFyre Games Forums
June 27, 2017, 06:20:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on the Light attunement  (Read 1742 times)
michugana
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2009, 02:30:17 pm »

In the description it says, "Every time a dragon is struck in combat it increases it's speed and vision by up to 10%." The issue here is that whenever I've dueled a light dragon, the dragon increases his speed and vision every round even when I miss. Should this be the case?
BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 02:43:28 pm »

Gains are always given per round, not for the entire battle. When it says 10%, it means when all these gains are added together it will be 10% or so (or less)

michugana
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 02:45:28 pm »

So then the description is just a tad misleading I guess. Because it says the gains will happen whenever the dragon gets hit. But in actuality if he doesn't get hit in a round, the dragon still gets the gains.
BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 02:46:35 pm »

Hmmm, yeah, you are right I guess.

CrashSable
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 04:19:05 pm »

I've been missed before and not gained anything...  let's see if I can get a screenshot...

EDIT: Here we are

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/CrashSable/round3-4.png

You'll just have to trust it's from the same duel.  But I am wondering if the description means you gain with each strike to a maximum of 10% gain, or if you gain up to 10% of your speed and vision everytime you're hit, so could, theoretically, triple your speed and vision in round 20.  I'm guessing it's the first one, but confirmation would be nice
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 04:57:03 pm by CrashSable » Logged

^Now you know where I am Smiley
Frienz and Frice
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 09:50:42 pm »

i believe from the descriptions that it is up to 10% a turn. because the ice description says that it will slow someone up to 105 a round. and they will regain their speed 10% every round. i think all element effects are done by round.
Azrael
Wyrm Trainer

Power corrupts, but absolute power is kind of neat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 03:14:57 am »

There is a cap for that 10% right... would be rather unfair otherwise.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
EmperorK
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 04:57:27 am »

There is a cap for that 10% right... would be rather unfair otherwise.

why is it unfair? all it means is that later on, elements are gonna become hugely important.

imagine a 100% shadow vs 100% light.
 gold tongue gold teeth

CrashSable
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 05:32:36 am »

That's what I was thinking, potentially doubling your speed and vision half way through the fight, and tripling at the end would be pretty extreme.  Considering ice, just because Friendz brought it up, lets do the maths

10% a round with 10% of the penalty taken off every round :-

I get approx 48.33% (used a spreadsheet) speed in turn 20, assuming the ice dragon hit every round and was 100% attuned, which isn't so bad, as it only gets like that towards the end of the battle.

Actually, I've changed my mind, I don't think it's that unfair as it shouldn't be possible for the light dragon to start avoiding every round, battles just aren't long enough (and remember, if the light dragon avoids a lot, they don't increase speed and vision in those rounds), a REALLY long duel might let it come into effect, but who cares?  Duels are just for fun.  Still, confirmation from someone who knows for sure would be nice.

^Now you know where I am Smiley
Jbs
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 05:45:38 am »

Does elements in combat work the same as equipment?  in a duel you can decide what to use, is it automatic in combat for you to fight with whatever element you are attuned to?
KLC
Draconic Legend

klc : Kayenne & Kapsaicin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 10:13:33 am »

Does elements in combat work the same as equipment? 
Not quite.
Equipment can be completely customized for particular raids by equipping or unequipping whichever items you want to be active during that Raid or Defense or Elemental hunt.
The Elemental to which you are attuned will be active - period. Elementals can only be changed by going on another Elemental hunt.

in a duel you can decide what to use, is it automatic in combat for you to fight with whatever element you are attuned to?
There is a difference between duels & actual combat (Raids, Defenses, and Element hunts):
- in a Duel, you can simply "uncheck" Elementals in the Challenge and they will not affect the duel, instantly. Can't do that for real combat.
- in a Duel, you check or uncheck Equipment in the Challenge and it's all or nothing -- whatever you currently have "In Use" will either all be ON or all be OFF for the Duel, again, without any prep time needed.

"Dragons are dragons.  They are not soft in word or deed and never will be. You'll get used to their way
in time" - LB Graham 'Beyond the Summerland'

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: