LiquidFyre Games Forums
September 21, 2017, 02:58:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: General app is down thread  (Read 16911 times)
me
« on: May 10, 2009, 05:09:40 pm »

I see a message in my news feed that an update has taken place and to check updates for more details. I check updates section and there is no post there.

Why did I check? Because I'm getting memcache errors. Can't connect to local server. Sometimes game won't load at all and when it does load and I search for elementals I get the error in the pop up  box instead.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 01:58:00 am by me » Logged
Kestrel
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 05:10:59 pm »

I was just coming to post the same thing.

These are the two lines. Sometimes repeated and sometimes just these two:

Warning: Memcache::connect() [function.Memcache-connect]: Can't connect to localhost:11211, Cannot assign requested address (99) in /home/liquidfy/public_html/pd2/dragon.php on line 267

Warning: Memcache::connect() [function.Memcache-connect]: Can't connect to localhost:11211, Cannot assign requested address (99) in /home/liquidfy/public_html/pd2/dragon.php on line 285

~Kes

I'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter...
neellocm
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 05:13:54 pm »

There are a bunch of bug reports about this 4 or 5. 
me
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 05:15:03 pm »

There are a bunch of bug reports about this 4 or 5. 

I expected there would be which is why I just came here to chat about it while we wait.  silver wink

Edit: I figured we could use a quick ref thread where people can come report/check if the game has crashed. Then they know it's not just them having a local problem.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 05:32:24 pm by me » Logged
KLC
Draconic Legend

klc : Kayenne & Kapsaicin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 06:00:30 pm »

Yeah, Memcache ate the world.
I've closed most of my PD windows in case that eases load on the server while the devs are fixing.
If they need to kick us all off for a moment, I"ll understand --- because we'll all be back to our addictions that much quicker.

"Dragons are dragons.  They are not soft in word or deed and never will be. You'll get used to their way
in time" - LB Graham 'Beyond the Summerland'

BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 06:01:47 pm »

So is the PD2 equivalent of that entropy weirdness that ate the world in never ending story?

Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 06:09:51 pm »

It hurts my eyes... *implodes*

on topic, kinda, I hope I don't miss my lvl3 elemental I'd planned on hunting after my assist  black sad

I am so omniscient that if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both.
Also, WDoV and stuff
mooreUSMC
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 08:17:42 pm »

I am getting the memcache errors but I am also now getting 4x or 5x the rounds reported in the raid I am on...Not only that in the last round I did 13 damage only to see 7 come off the defenders health...
elleros
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 08:23:23 pm »

there has been the MemCache error from the early days i first noticed it on the second day at server rollover and each day after that at server over.

It appears to be breading and spreading through the system. It a virus and it will eat all your files and wipe your hard and a mystery augh will produce through your speakers. No it the cave bug its back again...

[EDIT : Smiley J/K It not a virus your safe it wont eat your files and destroy your hard disk! - I hope Smiley]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:25:02 pm by elleros » Logged
neellocm
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 08:29:09 pm »

It's definately breeding and spreading.  I've  had over 5 separate memecache issues on the same page.  In just about all the boxes... plus the top of the page.
Loki
Draconic Legend

Oooohh...Shiny! Huh? what were you saying?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 08:29:46 pm »

I've been getting this occasionally

I get those two lines repeated about 10 times, but then the page i'm after has always been below them (I thought that error was for an ad, didn't realise it was PD2)

'Tis only a flesh wound!
elleros
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 09:18:23 pm »

right well i posted a bug on this issue #124 and craig has responed in the bug report :
on about a server lockout at rollover.
1932205 - Craig Schwartz wrote on May 09 2009, 08:57:34pm
It's not exactly 40 seconds, it's about 5 seconds plus whatever the server requires. But it does intentionally lock you out to keep data from getting messed up. And the memcache thing is no real harm, but it is annoying and a sign of server strain.
me
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 09:45:30 pm »

I am getting the memcache errors but I am also now getting 4x or 5x the rounds reported in the raid I am on...Not only that in the last round I did 13 damage only to see 7 come off the defenders health...

Hehe. My duel loss with Danny has come up 5 times in my newsfeed.
neellocm
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 09:50:20 pm »

*cries*

My raid has been stuck on round 8 for over half an hour.
elleros
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 09:51:46 pm »

maybe the duelling system should be suspensed, and all current duels removed. A duel System Refresh. And a hard limit set in place on rounds etc. Duelling abuse seems to be casue of the strain!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: