LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 22, 2017, 06:00:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pet Dragons Weight Loss Group  (Read 7725 times)
KLC
Draconic Legend

klc : Kayenne & Kapsaicin

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2009, 09:46:38 am »

Khubby has lost over 35 lbs since Christmas. I'll give you our basic meal plan outline here.

Oh, and the reason you don't feel so hungry if you skip breakfast is because your metabolism doesn't "wake up," but that just means you aren't burning any calories either. Better to just eat something.

Breakfast: choice of oatmeal (yes to the 1 c. each water milk & oats recipe, with cinnamon & maybe a touch of honey for us - just a few minutes in the microwave) or granola (hate it with milk, so we have granola + frozen blueberries or raspberries + plain unsweetened yoghurt on it) or eggs omelet (on less rushed mornings). Khubby also has a shake mix thing he likes, but that's more expensive.

Three mid-day meals, at regular intervals:
- homous w/ veggies  or some cottage cheese with veggies & herbs in it
- a big honkin salad with protein in it, e.g. chicken or cheese or crab or boiled egg
- a tortilla wrap with cheese, slice of turkey, greens, and mayo (I blend up mayo with cilantro each weekend to use on these)

Supper: lean protein, basically something like skinless chicken or lean steak or extra lean ground beef  (edit: or fish, mmmm grilled salmon mmmmm), plus large servings of TWO different veggies. I got a ton of recipes. I use a lot of spices & herbs, and "good" oils like olive oil.

Before bed: light snack planned in advance so we don't get munchies. Like, we share one dark chocolate bar. Or maybe some strawberries.

* No beverages except water, tea (herbal) and coffee (can't do without that).
* No junk food at all 'cause it just spirals out of control

Hope that inspires some of you?
We're really surprised that Khubby has lost the weight he gained over the past few years, so quickly. Yes, we are also exercising, but the weight started dropping right away once the food intake got corrected.

EDIT:
one more note, very important if you really want to lose weight,
make a PLAN at the beginning of the week, and if you possibly can, buy all the groceries you will need for whatever your plan is right then. 'Cause what kills the diet is standing there empty headed staring into the refrigerator. Never ask yourself what you feel like eating, just look at the PLAN you made two days ago, and feed yourself whatever it says.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 10:23:46 am by KLC » Logged

"Dragons are dragons.  They are not soft in word or deed and never will be. You'll get used to their way
in time" - LB Graham 'Beyond the Summerland'

vargragg
Developer's Assistant
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2009, 09:58:52 am »

Know what, K? I have been told so many times about what the right eating is and whatnot, but it just doesn't work for me, because it's so far from my habits. But what you just wrote.. I can do. Thank you.

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
Charmed
Draconic Legend

The answer to your question is 42

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2009, 10:00:42 am »

Khubby has lost over 35 lbs since Christmas.

OMG! That is just amazing... 35 lbs, very impressive! red teeth

"Do you want me to sit in the corner and rust or just fall apart where I'm standing?", Marvin the Paranoid Android, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
vargragg
Developer's Assistant
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2009, 10:05:54 am »

Btw, I should put it out there as well.. If memory serves me right the average for calorie burn per day is about 2000. I saw a little of that weight loss show on TV, when some chef was talking about fast food. They were saying that the average slice of pizza has about 400 calories, a hamburger about 800 and a burrito has about 1100-1200 calories. In just ONE of them.

Jules & Banphrionsa
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 11:47:08 am »

K, that is one GOOD eating plan.
Var, those calories requirements vary a lot from person to person. My daily are like 1100, so I can't eat much, why? cause I'm a girl and petite. But say my brother who's just 6"0 can eat over 2500 calories a day and not gain a single pound (DAMN MEN !!)
I can help anyone calculate their caloric requirements. Might as well put the nutrition classes at med school at use.
And very important part of any weight-loss program is exercise. I'm using me as example cause it's just easier:
I told you I could only eat 1100 calories a day to stay at my current weight, but I want to lose some weight, so If I wanted to lose 1 lb a week I could only eat 600 calories a day, which is NOTHING. One glass of regular coke has 230, so you do the math. But when I add exercise to my daily routine I can actually eat. I don't do any vigorous exercise, just say 30 min in the treadmill (walking not jogging) and 30 min in a bicycle. With that I burn about 300 calories. So I can increase the amount of calories I can eat to 900.

vargragg
Developer's Assistant
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2009, 06:58:08 pm »

Gotcha. Although it was only an average, I hadn't realized it would vary so much. Good to know. But how do you find out your personal calorie balance, then? As in, how much calories just to maintain your weight?

Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2009, 07:45:06 pm »

Calorie intake should never be less than your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) otherwise you risk losing lean tissue. I.e. muscle.

Estimated BMR

Weight (kg) BMR (Cal/day) Men
70             1680
75             1730
80             1790
85             1850
90             1910
95             1960
100            2020

Weight (kg) BMR (Cal/day) Women
50             1250
55             1290
60             1330
65             1370
70             1410
75             1450
80             1500

Finding your total daily expenditure (calories needed to maintain weight)

Inactive - Very inactive occupation; sitting most of the day; No sport/exercise = 1.3 X BMR

Moderately active - Inactive occupation; light activity at home; occasional sport/exercise = 1.5 X BMR

Active - Active occupation or regular strenuous exercise/sport or daily walking/cycling = 1.7 X BMR

(Edit) Formatting

I am so omniscient that if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both.
Also, WDoV and stuff
BeRTie
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2009, 07:57:34 am »

Whatever I am doing it is working... 230lbs now from 244. It doesnt appear that I have lost any muscle mass. I have allowed myself some cheat days (ie cheeseburgers) since I started my diet, and have denied me nothing, although I have heavily regulated the quantity that I eat. (3 cookies is far more acceptable than 27 for example)

Sherbear
Fledgling Caretaker

I am Sher, hear me RAWR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2009, 11:31:07 am »

yea thats what ive done, is just reduce how much I eat, not necessarily what I eat, I try to be good..lately ive been really bad, I need to get my self back on track! I wish it was nicer and warmer out I really really need to go run  red bored

SherBert
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: