LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 24, 2017, 03:10:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The League of Shadow Dragons  (Read 31729 times)
The Grandfather
« on: March 24, 2009, 01:07:56 am »

The League of Shadow Dragons (abbr. LSD) is first and foremost a defensive clan. We have been in PD1 for a long time and will be represented in PD2 as well.

The LSD is also a playground for dragon trainers. As our common abbreviation suggest being in the LSD can for some of us be a quite intoxicating, if not psychedelic, experience. Whatever we do, we do for fun. We are very social and have a very informal tone. We are a small alliance and members therefore know each other well and often on a personal level.
We try to come up with new fun ideas and events to keep the LSD and PD fun for all.

The LSD is governed by majority decisions. These become precedence for our rules. No single administrator or member has a final say on any issue, they simply enforce the decisions of the majority.

Our one standing rule is for no LSD member to bully any other PD player. We find it acceptable to attack twice as per the ABC. Further attacks within a one or two month period are against clan policy. Aside from that we trust in the common sense and conscience of our members.

The League of Shadow Dragons does not actively recruit new members. We are however open to anyone interested in joining us. If you are interested in joining or have any questions you would like to pose outside the forum you are welcome to contact one of our administrators personally.

silver angry The Grandfather
 red tongue Red-Ice
 blue smile Fierce Blue Dragoness
The Grandfather
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 01:10:41 am »

The League of Shadow Dragons has joined the AoA and has a Non-Aggression Pact (NAP) with the GDA, Order of the Rose and Asia’s Weyr.
This means no LSD dragon will attack a dragon from any of these clans without prior consent.

Why has the LSD joined the AoA?
The League of Shadow Dragons has chosen to join the AoA for a number of reasons. The LSD has been an informal group for a very long time but did not become a public clan until October 2008.
We decided to go public while simultaneously joining the AoA in order to establish friendly relations with the other clans in PD and to avoid unnecessary clan wars. This is a decision we to date have not come to regret since it has become basis for an ever expanding social network for our members.
With that said we do not limit our relations to the AoA. We welcome relations with all clans.
Fierce Blue Dragoness
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 06:44:08 pm »

Late Update:

The NAP between LSD Alliance and the Order of the Rose alliance has been dissolved. After a flight in PD2 against the Order, organized by 7th house, in which the LSD participated, the Order found it fit to dissolve our PD1 Nap, stating that the flight was an act of betrayal. The LSD would simply like to assert that there is no NAP between our PD2 clans and  the flight against the Order in PD2 was in no way meant as an act of war or aggression; it was simply a way for us to have a friendly competition. We are not looking to reform he NAP, however, when we say we would like to apologize to the Order, in case there are any hard feelings. However we do not believe we have mistreated them in terms of in-game relations in PD2 and we wish that we can continue to have friendly competition and civil interactions.  blue smile

Clicky, Clicky, Clicky =) (plz?)
el
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 06:59:01 pm »

I'd like to clarify that very quickly...

Operation Blackspot was set in process by the LSD, including the FB group set up to organize the event.

The admins then contacted 7th House and asked us if we'd like to participate.

Both clans worked together on the list of those to be attacked trying to prevent any two on one action, but all else was clan oriented.

We, in 7th House, were shocked to hear that the Order came down so hard on the LSD, taking PD 2 activities into PD1 alliances, because it was all done in fun and with no animosity at all.  Having dealt with the admins, I know this to be true. 

However - it wasn't our operation.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 07:28:00 pm by el » Logged

Iain
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 08:09:03 pm »

oh how predictable that cross overs happened, other than that I have opinions which I will not air as most people know my stance and whilst I appreciate attempts at separation from events it was, IMHO, going to happen Sad

On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere,
On the verge of indecision I always take the roundabout way
Fierce Blue Dragoness
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 08:38:33 pm »

El: My mistake, I was not one of the admins very involved in the operation. I just participated. lol. Then the LSD of course, takes responsibility for the initiation of the flight.

Clicky, Clicky, Clicky =) (plz?)
Red-Ice
Fledgling Caretaker

People are crunchy and taste better with ketchup!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 03:56:15 am »

Yes.  I will speak as an admin for LSD (sorry guys, had to be done and we all know it), this WAS our idea.  It was meant in fun, and we actually had no idea that it would be taken as seriously as it was.  We honestly had no idea that people would lose sleep over this, nor did we know that others would take it personally, as they seemed to have.  We are indescribably sorry about that, and never intended for it to happen.  We never meant for our NAP to be disbanded (from PD1) over any of the actions in PD2, which would include this flight (OBS).  Again, we are very sorry for this.

"Never look back unless you are planning to go that way"     Unknown
Boom
Wyrm Trainer

I have a dream and in it something eats you.......

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 05:52:51 am »

*Sure, do the deed, wait a long time, then try and pin it on someone else*

Guess you didn't wait long enough for memories to fade.

VERY SINCERE

"WARNING: Children left unattended will be sold to the circus."
Lady__Dragon
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 07:42:21 am »

The Order would like to respond to the above, and clarify why many trainers were sufficiently upset that we took the step of dissolving the NAP.

Operation Black-spot occurred on September 21, and consisted of 70+ attacks (most sufficiently nearly simultaneous to require that a matching number of distinct assistants could be found) on Order dragons. The attacks were timed to land around turns/rollover: either late at night or in the wee small hours of the morning for the majority of trainers. The attacks were accompanied by wall-postings of varying degrees of nastiness, and the attackers all donned the image of an aphid (a rose-eating insect) and a watermark of a gardening shears. The organisers of the mass attack did not contact the Order to discuss the action, and certainly individual trainers were not asked if they would be upset to find themselves targets in a mass-attack. The intention appears to have been an ambush attack.

While the admin for both LSD and 7th house have stated that their intent was to attack dragons one on one, that was not what occurred, as several of our trainers found themselves with 2 and 3 aphids on their incoming attack page.

The Order has a policy as a group of treating all other players with respect, and that includes having fun playing the game as a group without it being at other players' expense, so the practise of wall posts that were recieved were, and continue to be, particularly abhorrent to us. For Operation Black-Spot, the planners and participants would have done well to consider how the wall nasties might be taken by what is a large and varied group of trainers, which includes some young kids.

While the two sets of dragons - PD1 and PD2 - are disjoint, the people behind those dragons are not. Whilst the attackers may have regarded the action as fun, those whose dragons were under attack and/or who lost time and sleep working each to make sure his or her dragon was sent to assist where he or she would be most effective and useful did not. In particular, many members of the Order had regarded some of the attacking dragons' trainers as friends, and felt betrayed and angry over what they perceived as a malicious, vindictive and unprovoked attack. As mentioned in the Order's clan thread, the NAP which the Order holds with other clans is intended to avoid conflicts of loyalty for *trainers* who are friends although their dragons belong to different alliances. After the mass attack, it seemed to most that this question of loyalty was now a moot one.

If, as stated, the intention was not vindictive but fun, we suggest that the organisers of - and participants in - the attack try placing themselves in the shoes of their targets before organising - or agreeing to participate in - such an action again.

Nevertheless, we thank LSD for their words of apology, and likewise wish for continued friendly competition and civil interactions - just as long as "friendly" is defined by the mutual agreement of *everyone* involved.

Life is short, eat dessert first.
el
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 09:59:11 am »

7th House wore the aphid and had the garden shears watermarks.
I apologize for the bad poetry that we left and some individuals may have taken advantage to leave something more than was intended. 

LSD wore black spot pictures and a different pair of garden shears watermark.
I'm not sure if their poetry left as much to be desired as ours did.

When Order members wore Snakes and attacked both 7th House and LSD members at later dates, every one of us in 7th House responded with appreciation for the excitement and challenge.  While it was not as well organized or as well attended as Operation Blackspot, the attack on 7th House came when the majority of our members were asleep. 

Our members who were awake found response pictures, got them watermarked and out to members, people scrambled to provide assists.  The most stressful part was some of our members losing internet service while their providers had scheduled maintenance.  Tongue

I regretfully missed almost the whole thing from start to ending because I was sleeping.

Gina and Tethys
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 10:29:59 am »

The 2 attacks that el is referring to were not Order operations, they were carried out by a separate group called Cobra, although granted a majority of Cobra members are also Order members.  They were both a deliberately measured response, small in number by design, so as not to cause undue stress or work for the groups involved.

Boom
Wyrm Trainer

I have a dream and in it something eats you.......

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 04:18:28 pm »

This thread is for recruiting PD1 members to join LSD, not discussing PD2 antics.

the NAP is dissolved for the LSD in the AoA because of PD2 antics. the dissolution caused some people to axe loyalties to one group or another. LSD dragons can also attack and be attacked by the remaining members in AoA. so that affected the playing styles of PD1 in which alliances they can be a part of, attack, and be attacked by. other than discussing this aspect of the results of the antics in pd2, the discussion does not pertain to recruiting for pd1 lsd.

if people want to talk about PD2 antics, take it to the PD2 board or chatroom instead of derailing threads. there is enough drama in pd1 and pd2 without them crossing over.

I agree, however the LSD derailed their own thread. 

"WARNING: Children left unattended will be sold to the circus."
edbuck
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 11:15:21 am »

I have a question
but its more of a joke than serious

when you say shadow dragons
is that a refernce to
- element
- dragon names
- nothing in particular, just a cool name