LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 22, 2017, 06:01:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rules! (And suggestions)  (Read 15694 times)
Zedarius
Dragon Overseer
Developer
Draconic Legend

He's a dragon. He burns things.

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 03:45:51 pm »

Unfortunately, all good things must come with rules. Our intent of this forum is to provide a place for people to talk about Pet Dragons in an organized, helpful manner. There need to be some rules for this to happen.

Rules:

• DO NOT POST DRAGON NAMES THAT ARE NOT YOUR OWN The only exception is with permission or when replying to a thread in which the dragons owner has post it's name.

• No swearing. It adds a negative connotation to your post, and oftentimes invites "flame wars." We have implemented a swear filter which should block out most words I'm concerned about. Trying to get around this filter using symbols or spaces will not be tolerated.

• No flame wars. If a person posts something that you disagree with, feel free to post your opinion that may be counter to theirs. Please do NOT insult them or create a personal attack. They will feel the need to defend themselves, creating an argument that doesn't benefit anyone. Basically, what it comes down to is respect. Try to be mature and respect other's opinions, even if they differ from your own.

• Stay on topic. The forum is a great place for organized discussion on a particular topic. When "chat room" style conversations go back and forth between people, it makes it VERY hard to find useful information in a thread. This is especially difficult for the developers, as we often monitor threads with the "notify" feature, where we get an email every time some responds to that thread. It's also hard for new forum members to catch up on past topics when half the posts are off-topic. We have a chat room and an off-topic forum for this style of conversation.

• No referral links. Feel free to talk about them all you want, but this is NOT the place to post your referral link to an application just so you can get whatever permutation of "referral points" that game offers. This will be considered spam, and deleted.

• Don't spam. Go for quality, not quantity. Don't try to inflate your post count with short one word answers. Explain why you agree/disagree (in a mature fashion). This includes things like: "First post!"

• Don't overuse punctuation. Believe it or not, adding 17 exclamation points after an angry post won't accentuate your point. It oftentimes shows a lack of maturity, and many people won't take you seriously. Really, it's just not necessary.

• Keep your signature small. People don't want to have to scroll through the forum having to ignore signatures that take up half their computer screen. Please keep images smaller than 500x150. There's no way to hard-code this, so I will be monitoring people's signatures and sending out messages as necessary.

• Use descriptive thread titles. Please don't post a new topic that is simply titled "question." Ask a short, simple form of your question as the title - people will be better able to find it, and know what the thread is before going into it. In all honestly, it will heighten the chances that your question gets answered. The same rule applies to non-question threads. Try to give an idea of what your thread is about in the title.

If a person infringes on these rules multiple times, we will "Dragonsmack" them. Their posting privileges will be removed, and they will only be able to read posts. We don't want to overmoderate, so we'll try to stay away from this as much as possible.  But we do need to keep things in order.

Some suggestions:

• If you're new to a forum community, try to follow the lead of some more experienced users. When replying to people, it's often good practice to use the "quote" button. It will nicely format your post so people can see what you're replying to.
  • Use the "preview" button before you post. You'll see your post exactly as it will show after you submit it.

If you are being harassed or receive spam/inappropriate private messages, please send me a message with your name, the contents of the message, and the sender's name. Appropriate action will be taken.

I'm sure there's more things I can't think of right now. I'll edit this as I think of things.

To those of you who actually read this... Thanks Cheesy  Please set an example for the others who didn't.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 02:03:43 pm by Ravenex » Logged

Danny Olefsky
Codesigner and developer of Pet Dragons
Signature by Tordana
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: