LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 22, 2017, 06:01:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hedgehogs  (Read 2749 times)
Cathy
Draconic Legend

Is she gone?

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:35:28 pm »

I had no idea that these adorable little creatures could be pets! They are sooo cute - I wants one.

Witchfinder
Draconic Legend

Pirating, I can't help it, it's in the blood

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 03:44:48 pm »

They are also full of fleas, have as many as you want but trust me when I say I don't want them and their passengers.

"Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science fiction!"
"We live on a spaceship, dear"
bard
Dragon Rider

Never face the facts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 04:05:50 pm »

My sis-in-law had some and she loved them...but they are nocturnal and solitary,so they aren't much fun to watch,and even if you didn't mind the fleas and wanted to cuddle them,it wouldn't work for either of you.They are adorable looking,though!

It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living.

masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 04:55:11 pm »

I had one once. . . couldn't ever catch the bugger. . . was REALLY fast . . .not to mention an unusual shade of blue. . .

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
Cathy
Draconic Legend

Is she gone?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 05:26:32 pm »

Ok MF, where are you coming from? Dinsdale?
Iain
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 05:31:26 pm »

Hedgehogs are surprisingly good climbers too, and if they fall the bounce on their quills, without losing their rings  lol

On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere,
On the verge of indecision I always take the roundabout way
Rawr 2.0
Fledgling Caretaker

Rawr rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 05:43:51 pm »

Ok MF, where are you coming from? Dinsdale?

LMAO "Dinsdale? Dinsdale!"

If I had a hedgehog, I would totally name it Spiny Norman.

Rawr 2.0 (PD1)
Weight: Immense
Gold: A Literal Mountain of Gold
BR: 883-463

Rawr 2.0 (PD2)
Weight: Featherwight
Gold: Several Sackfuls
BR: 23-5 Offensive
     2-1 Defensive
     3-2 Assisting
Wanda
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 07:02:57 pm »

Cute buggers but bite savagely if they have not been properly hand-raised. Favorite name -Prickly
Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 07:28:26 pm »

I had one once. . . couldn't ever catch the bugger. . . was REALLY fast . . .not to mention an unusual shade of blue. . .

I had a fox that kept following a hedgehog around once. It was never as cool as the hedgehog.

I am so omniscient that if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both.
Also, WDoV and stuff
the_kav
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 04:54:12 am »

How can you have a fox and not think it's as cool as a hedgehog? I'd love a fox. They are the coolest animals. I live in Ireland and they are everywhere. We got a stray dog that showed many wild dog traits, and for ages we were so excited because we thought he could be a half a fox (he really looks like one) but it turned out he was a Jindo. Even stranger, he's the only one in Ireland and we have no idea how he got here.

Meat is murder! Hot, tasty, greasy murder!
estelle
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 05:11:05 pm »

A Jindo now... that dog is supposed to be "under the protection of the Korean governement as a national treasure"!!

"It's not the size of the dragon in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dragon that matters."
the_kav
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 05:16:08 pm »

That's actually the spitting image of ours. Rudy the Irish Jindo... and we've had him verified and everything, just no one can figure out where the heck he came from. There's no breeders over here, the closest is in England (someone bred two and got seven pups, all accounted for) and they aren't supposed to be taken out of Korea. And we got his as a pup so he's all bonded with us (well, my brother), so they can't take him off us. Ha ha ha!

Meat is murder! Hot, tasty, greasy murder!
hazelshoebridge
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 12:32:40 pm »

Getting back to hedgehogs I saw a very sad vet programme which said that the 'pricklies' are dieing because they are eating slugs and snails that had been poisoned by slug pellets....bad gardeners! there are so many other ways to save precious plants than by sprinkling those blue death balls around.
 Angry.. Cry
Charmed
Draconic Legend

The answer to your question is 42

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 12:52:00 pm »

Getting back to hedgehogs I saw a very sad vet programme which said that the 'pricklies' are dieing because they are eating slugs and snails that had been poisoned by slug pellets....bad gardeners! there are so many other ways to save precious plants than by sprinkling those blue death balls around.
 Angry.. Cry

Very sad information indeed... but so is the number of hedgehogs being killed every year in traffic (at least 55,000 in Denmark in 2007 according to number I could dig out). Thing is one might be able to stop people using poisons in their gardens, but getting them to stop driving cars? I doubt it... and the latter is (again according to where I found the number) the main cause for killing the "pricklies". red sad

As for the original content; no I wouldn't want one as a pet. They are wild animals (and as such most likely illegal to keep as pets here anyway), I prefer to keep it that way.

"Do you want me to sit in the corner and rust or just fall apart where I'm standing?", Marvin the Paranoid Android, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
Galaxy
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 02:04:02 pm »

I am a "bad gardener".  Where we live we have a very damp wood behind us and several very damp fields in front of us.  It is a perfect haven for slugs.  Slugs (in my opinion) are the most disgusting, useless, revolting creatures on this earth.  But I love to see the many creatures that feed on them, and I love my garden - including many plants that the slugs love to feed on.  It is easily possible these days to buy slug pellets that do not harm the creatures, or any young children or pets, that may eat them.  Having treated a young puppy that had serious slug pellet poisoning (the farmer had wrapped slug pellets in peanut butter in order to kill badgers - apparently a very common proceedure) I have seen first hand the consequences of slug pellet poisoning (although we did just manage to save the puppy).  Therefore, I would implore people to look for and only use the child and pet friendly slug pellets.  If everybody with a slug problem used such pellets, the children, pets, hedgehogs and other creatures would be so much safer.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: