LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 22, 2017, 06:01:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Nāga  (Read 20152 times)
TealAlmighty
« on: December 05, 2008, 03:31:48 am »

Introducing "Nāga": a PD2 clan

We are a tightly-knit group of active players who have been playing together for a long time.
We have a comprehensive forums database with live chat, image hosting and other features.
We advocate fair play, and welcome both hard-core and casual players.
We are not interested in clan politics, and are interested in developing a good membership base in order to bring some real competition into PD2.
We are very excited in fully enjoying the PD2 experience.

"A Dragon can be unseen or visible, minute, or huge, long or short. However, always it is great"
~Shuo Wen~ (c. AD 100)

Nāga
The word nāga comes from the Sanskrit (नाग); it is connected with the Serpent Spirit and the Dragon Spirit.
This dates back more than 7000 years.

Nāga, in Icelandic, is a verb: 'to gnaw'
The etymology (a liturgical language of Hinduism and Buddhism) a noun: 'cobra/serpent/dragon'.

In myths, legends, scripture and folklore, the category naga comprises all kinds of serpentine beings
Nāgas are dragons or serpents and within many esoteric traditions they are considered to be the holders of secret lore or treasure.

Description
Nāga is a PD2 clan which is stylistically aligned with the most ancient of dragon lore (Asian in particular: Chinese/Japanese.)
This acknowledges a vast, timeless spectrum of dragon ancestry.

Nāga is a clan which celebrates a rich history of dragon lore and mythology, welcoming dragons from every era and lineage.
We value loyalty, bravery and respect on the battlefield. 'Mercy', 'surrender' and 'defeat' are concepts unknown to the Nāga clan.
We play for fun but we play to win.

This being said, we accept both casual gamers, and hard core gamers~

Clan Objectives
World domination. And some laughs along the way~

Clan Expectations
1. Attacks on clan members must be approved by all members involved.
2. Respect must be given to all clan members
3. Members are encouraged to be as active as possible (encouraged, but not pressured)
*There will be no penalties of any kind for casual gamers.*
4. There will be a monthly clan fee (paid in treasure to the clan hoard--to be determined), which will be used for clan necessities.
5. Adding all clan members as friends within the app itself is mandatory; adding clan members as friends on facebook is optional.
(PD2 will have an in-game messaging system.)
6. Clan members cannot be members of any other PD2 clan or alliance.
7. Relevant officers should be notified of any upcoming absence from game play.
(This applies to officers as well, and certainly the most active clan players.)
8. All clan members must register on the group forums site, to be kept up-to-date on upcoming events and any relevant information.
9. Once clan members decide on their PD2 dragon image, it will be stamped with a clan watermark. Wear this with pride in battle!
3. Active players will receive rewards and officer positions, which will break down as follows:

Officer Classes
'Riu' means 'dragon' in Japanese: a culture with vast, vivid and unique dragon legends.

a. "Sui Riu" (a rain-dragon, which when in pain causes reddish rain, coloured by its blood): offense raid general.
b. "Han Riu" (a dragon striped with nine different colours; forty feet long): defense raid general.
c. "Ka Riu" (a scarlet dragon; fiery; only seven feet long): financier officer
d. "Ri Riu" (a dragon with wonderful sight; it can see more than 100 miles): reconnaissance (scout) officer.

Interested in Joining Nāga?
-All are welcome! Please submit a request.silver smile
-PD1 is unrelated to PD2, so there is no conflict if you are a member of a PD1 group
However, please do not ask to join if you are a member of another PD2 clan
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 12:56:47 pm by Shōgun » Logged
Incubus
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 03:59:38 am »

Iíll just choose to ignore that post. I assure you we are not "racist" and that our name does have quite a lot of meaning, as you can read in the general description above...

Anyway, hello all PD2 enthusiasts. I am a Nāga admin. Our clan is very well organised and recruitment is going well. We are still looking for more members so if you have any questions, feel free to message any admins you see on the Facebook Nāga page.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37400390641

Happy hunting!

the_kav
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 04:19:47 am »

What's the brt? You've asked for it in several of your posts and I don't understand what it is.

Meat is murder! Hot, tasty, greasy murder!
TheHotness
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 04:38:23 am »

What's the brt? You've asked for it in several of your posts and I don't understand what it is.

u dont know brt then you dont know PD.
Incubus
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 04:43:21 am »

OK, Iím not sure how this happened, or whatís going on here, but just to reiterate:

I am a Nāga admin. Our clan is very well organised and recruitment is going well. We are still looking for more members so if you have any questions, feel free to message any admins you see on the Facebook Nāga page.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37400390641

Happy hunting!

Please keep this thread on the topic of recruitment! Thanks green smile
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 04:46:01 am by Inferno » Logged

mry
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 10:11:42 am »

how will clan fees work? I haVNt seen any options for gifting gold to other dragons?
Incubus
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 04:00:46 pm »

There is a system that will be released with clans to take care of this.

(My apologies, I felt it needed to be answered)

Thanks Paul, but your responses here are not necessary.  If anyone has further questions they can send me a private message on the PD forums or pm me or Darren on the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37400390641. This thread is closed.

Inari & Kitsune
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 08:06:30 am »

Thanks Paul, but your responses here are not necessary.  If anyone has further questions they can send me a private message on the PD forums or pm me or Darren on the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37400390641. This thread is closed.

Just so you're aware.  A closed facebook group does not display it's admins to non-members.

Incubus
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 11:21:14 pm »

Anyone wishing further information can pm me here or contact Sarah Ponting (network Italy) or Darren Rurka (network South Korea) with a Facebook message. Thanks.

Shogun
Wyrm Trainer

I pity the fool!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 06:35:29 am »

Just a shout out to thank the Order for those enormous signature tags.  Nice.

Please stay out of our clan thread.  Thanks silver wink

Shogun
Wyrm Trainer

I pity the fool!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 06:40:33 am »

We are doing quite well with many very good, active players.

Our forums site and database is incredible.

We have guides and organization.  We are indeed a force to be reckoned with.

I'm actually quite surprised at our numbers, dedication and overall success through the bog of bugs.

Great game.

All are welcome here.  We have members from all over the world.  Mostly adults, very friendly.

We have strong ties with other clans and will utilize these friendships to match our rivals.

Check us out

Just click on the signature to be directed to our Facebook page.

Recruitment process:

1. A Facebook clan admin must be added as a friend first for screening purposes
2. Once cleared, you can join the Facebook clan site.
3. From there you can register for our forums.
4. Once you are approved you have full access.
5. You will be added to our messaging threads in-game immediately.
6. For now we are using name tags and watermarks (watermarks are optional).

silver tongue

« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 03:07:53 am by Shogun » Logged

Incubus
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 07:36:48 am »

We've received a huge response from players since the game started, with new dragons joining every day.

Our clan is made up of people from all walks of life in all corners of the world. Enthusiasm is high and the atmosphere is fun and friendly. We currently have some of the best players in the game and we've established close relations with several other clans. Playing PD2 as part of a group gives the game a whole new dimension. Come and try it!

We're extremely pleased with the success of this venture and look forward to welcoming other new members.

Shogun
Wyrm Trainer

I pity the fool!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 06:27:23 pm »

Yep it's quite amazing what happens in-game with duels, adding new dragon friends etc...and building a great group of players.

I'd just like to mention a few things about our clan's general description--as it's changed somewhat.

-The "d. "Ri Riu" (a dragon with wonderful sight; it can see more than 100 miles): reconnaissance (scout) officer." has been squashed for obvious reasons.
-Recruiting has become a bit more thorough in terms of our screening process for potential recruits.
-We do not require members to use watermarks although many do; we use simple name tags and will remove these once clan applications are launched
-In terms of accepting casual gamers, nothing has changed.  No member will ever be penalized for inactivity or 'poor game play'; however, active members are required to post upcoming absences in play or notify relevant officers.  All members, though, must register for the clan forums for important announcements, and if they want to have any say in clan polls (for whatever issue is put to a vote).
-We do encourage activity as inactive players burden others with incomings
-As far as NAPs go (non-aggression pacts), we have been discussing this issue with another large clan and see this as a no-brainer, as the 'other' clans will surely assimilate into the most formidable force possible.  If the clan interface is as I suspect it will be, Nāga will definitely have other clans it considers friendly in N'her-Girdrť.

-Also, feel free to send a private message to either myself or Incubus (who you can see posting here in this thread) if you have any comments or questions.  If you are interested in joining us, don't hesitate to send a message, either here or on Facebook.  We will be happy to answer any questions you have about who we are and how we operate.  This will take place via pm or Facebook messaging only.  Not here.

Lead Nāga admins on Facebook:
1. Darren Rurka (South Korea)
2. Sarah Ponting (Italy)

Please do not post questions here: in this thread. We will simply copy and paste this message and bump the thread after your post.
-We will not engage in any flaming here, or any drama.  This thread is for recruitment purposes only.
Thanks~
 silver smile
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:31:40 pm by Shogun » Logged

Apocalypse
Dragon Rider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 10:10:46 pm »

Hello to all in NAGA. Thought I would jump in and give you all a hello.
If you need anything, let me know, [DOA] is at the ready to aide where we can.

See you in the skies above and the battlefields below

Shogun
Wyrm Trainer

I pity the fool!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 10:45:34 pm »

Right on Apocalypse silver teeth

Thanks for popping by and added you as a dragon friend~

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: