LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 22, 2017, 06:02:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New Shop Item--Santa Claws!  (Read 8687 times)
Hagrida
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2008, 11:20:05 am »

Apologies if I'm just way behind, but I was just in the shop and noticed that the Santa Claws are for sale.  Since I missed them last year, I scooped them up.   gold grin
0ntique.|ShΛdΘw₣∂ux| - 2
Draconic Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 11:30:12 am »

i also did and posted it in a thread in dragon academy.. a huge thnx to the devs. only last night i was expressing my dissappointment and i got it. thats what i love about the game Smiley

mEsS wId dA bEsT dIe LiKe dA rEsT....

|ShΛdΘw₣aux| - 2 is the best...

Click here to take the challenge 

Hagrida
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 11:32:10 am »

Yeah, I saw your post right after I posted here.  I'm so pleased--it was the only special thing I didn't have.
0ntique.|ShΛdΘw₣∂ux| - 2
Draconic Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 11:58:19 am »

same here
Smiley

Av
Draconic Legend

An unpleasant fellow.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 01:25:12 pm »

This is actually disappointing to me.  I've not got Turkey Slayer, and so the Santa Claws were the only item I had that shows how long I've been playing the game.  It has such a negligible impact on the game, its disappointing to see my simple reward become available to the the masses.  And why?

Its extra upsetting because Turkey Slayer was not handed out this year.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:27:47 pm by Sleightofhand » Logged

"When he arrived at the gate I couldn't put my finger on it why, but I just didn't like him. His glare, his smirk, his posture; everything about him bothered me."

- Conrad Anders, City Guard

Iridia
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 01:26:34 pm »

I missed them the first time too - only hatched late December and looked at the shop items and thought 'wtf' - by the time I'd realised the shop was full of useful stuff they had gone.

So yayyy - thanks  gold grin

always running after your goldz
Not all Alliances are the same...
Keppoch
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 01:54:41 pm »

This is actually disappointing to me.  I've not got Turkey Slayer, and so the Santa Claws were the only item I had that shows how long I've been playing the game.  It has such a negligible impact on the game, its disappointing to see my simple reward become available to the the masses.  And why?

Its extra upsetting because Turkey Slayer was not handed out this year.

I have to agree.  If the developers wanted to put a new item into the game, I don't feel it was nice to put one that would water down the uniqueness of the dragons that have supported this game over the course of the last year. 

It's cool you'd put something in the shop that's new, but I'm not sure why you'd sell off the individuality of your playerbase.
Ravenex
Developer
Draconic Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 02:08:41 pm »

The achievements are really to mark the specific dates, we probably should have had a different achievement for this year, but we didn't decide on anything.  The items however are a seasonal thing to celebrate the holiday shopping season.  We are planning to come out with another holiday item this year.

Happy Pillaging,
     Brian Schwartz
     Pet Dragons Inside Man
Bloodlust
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 02:13:12 pm »

Dear Santa Claws...

can I puhhhleeaze have an anti bully toe ring?

I've been a really really really really good Dragon

by that I mean I've raided and pillaged and plundered My scaly black guts out.

Thank You

Love...

BloodLust.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 04:54:01 pm by Bloodlust » Logged
Witchfinder
Draconic Legend

Pirating, I can't help it, it's in the blood

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 02:23:31 pm »

Okay, this may get a few backs up, but the Santa claws now being for sale has somehow lessoned their meaning for me...........

"Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science fiction!"
"We live on a spaceship, dear"
LoS
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 04:46:07 pm »

The achievements are really to mark the specific dates, we probably should have had a different achievement for this year, but we didn't decide on anything.  The items however are a seasonal thing to celebrate the holiday shopping season.  We are planning to come out with another holiday item this year.

This year? Jingle Scales??  green wink green grin

LoS
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 01:17:54 am »

Thanks to my new set of red claws, I forgot to repurchase the shiny black ones before launching my 13 hour attack  green bored.

vargragg
Developer's Assistant
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 10:05:42 am »

I have to agree.  If the developers wanted to put a new item into the game, I don't feel it was nice to put one that would water down the uniqueness of the dragons that have supported this game over the course of the last year. 

It's cool you'd put something in the shop that's new, but I'm not sure why you'd sell off the individuality of your playerbase.

I'm sorry. My dragon's 425 days old, and I've played every single day since day 1, except for during those holidays, for reasons that are none of your business. I guess that means my support of the game for all the remaining time means total crap, because I was not able to login during those two occassions?
Nothing personal, but that's some pretty mean wording.

While I'm happy to have gotten the chance to purchase the santa claws, too, and of course it's too late to do anything about it now, I kind of have to agree with some of the people here. I thought too it was a unique item, and although it's a holiday item; in view of you planning to make another holiday item (assuming Christmas), I think it should've been just the new item in the shop. Perhaps those with multiple Christmas items, to not have a complete unfair advantage, would have to chose which item to use when they go on attack / defending, as in, only one of the items could be used at a time. (EDIT: This being a moot point now, just saying if it would've been only the new item in the shop, with no possibility of newer dragons to purchase "past" items.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:12:00 am by vargragg » Logged

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
0ntique.|ShΛdΘw₣∂ux| - 2
Draconic Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 10:09:56 am »

I'm sorry. My dragon's 425 days old, and I've played every single day since day 1, except for during those holidays, for reasons that are none of your business. I guess that means my support of the game for all the remaining time means total crap, because I was not able to login during those two occassions?
Nothing personal, but that's some pretty mean wording.

i totally agree..only a few days unable to login and missing a thing doesn't mean that we are not devoted to the game. in fact i guess no one will doubt  our devotion. so we can get what we have missed. and see we haven't missed it this time.

Drasylera
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 11:32:42 am »

Dear Santa Claws...

can I puhhhleeaze have an anti bully toe ring?

I've been a really really really really good Dragon

by that I mean I've raided and pillaged and plundered My scaly black guts out.

Thank You

Love...

BloodLust.

omg ROFLMAO nice BL red teeth
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: