LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 24, 2017, 03:16:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Have All the Dragons Gone?  (Read 2246 times)
storm
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2008, 03:17:36 pm »

Every time I compare my dragon to others her age (she's 35 days old), the number of dragons in her age group drops. I think there were close to a thousand at one point, but there are less than 800 now. What happens to them? Are people losing interest in the game?
Whiskey-jack
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 03:21:30 pm »

lots of people have gone back to school and don't have the time that this gain inevitably bleeds from us,lol
BlackenedRoseThorn
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 03:23:01 pm »

If a person does not log onto their dragon for two weeks or so they are transferred to a new database, thus removing them from active play.  All a person has to do is log back in and they are transferred back, that is why it will go up and down. And yes, some are losing interest.
Jonathan Elcock
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 05:53:27 pm »

There seems to be quite a high attrition rate amongst new trainers. The game is quite addictive but some folks don't enjoy the relatively slow nature of play; and the fact that some of the rankings boards are dominated by older dragons. Its been a long time since I've been at the lower weights, there do appear to be plenty of targets for a younger smaller dragon and that is the main thing.
el
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 08:01:22 am »

I think that new trainers can be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers ahead of them.
Without mentors or friends, it often becomes a pointless thing. 

One friend of mine with her 16 day old dragon went out for her first battle and won!  She is very shy and not aggressive at all.  She posted on my wall!  "I did it.  Did you see?"  She was very excited and she sure couldn't share that with someone who doesn't play PD.  lol

So I think new trainers and new dragons need some support and friends.  The section for new trainers might help, but I think that they need to be led here by others. 

Next time you mcnugget - post a link on the wall.   "Go here to find PD friends"
Or invite them to be your PD friend..

BlackenedRoseThorn
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 08:37:22 am »

You would actually be surprised how many friends I have made by extending help to people who either were new to the game or didnt know that there was an active community behind Pet Dragons... Wouldnt give them up for anything.
LoS
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 03:04:40 pm »

Next time you mcnugget - post a link on the wall.   "Go here to find PD friends"
Or invite them to be your PD friend..

I invite them with the prerequisite that they have to beat me within 10 tries.  green smile

samaria
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 04:53:11 am »

Dragons Gone Wild the latest game from the Forlorn Games development team has gone through some quite big changes since it was released on the 13th June 2008.The most notable change has been the addition of Quests and Relics; you can now take your dragons off on questing. These are special tasks that are played in a new game interface; if you complete all of the quest steps you earn rewards and prizes. The most noticeable of these are special relics which can be equipped to your dragon to make it stronger. Dragons Gone Wild is a totally free online browser based game that can be played in almost any browser and allows you to manage stables of dragons, raise your dragon from a simple egg all the way up to an elder dragon and then breed more dragons.

storm
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 03:54:36 pm »

Dragons Gone Wild

Unfortunately, this reminds me of those Girls Gone Wild videos--and I'm not the type of person to participate in or watch those!
Keppoch
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 05:57:20 pm »

Dragons Gone Wild the latest game from the Forlorn Games development team has gone through some quite big changes since it was released on the 13th June 2008.The most notable change has been the addition of Quests and Relics; you can now take your dragons off on questing. These are special tasks that are played in a new game interface; if you complete all of the quest steps you earn rewards and prizes. The most noticeable of these are special relics which can be equipped to your dragon to make it stronger. Dragons Gone Wild is a totally free online browser based game that can be played in almost any browser and allows you to manage stables of dragons, raise your dragon from a simple egg all the way up to an elder dragon and then breed more dragons.

And now a message from our sponsors....
Fiddler
Draconic Legend

It's been a slice but now I have to scream

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 07:57:26 am »

LOL Keppoch I was going to say something about this too and went to the rules but they only state no linking so I didn't bother.

What see you in the horizon's bruised smear
That cannot be blotted out
By your raised hand?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: