LiquidFyre Games Forums
October 20, 2017, 10:33:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Addition to ABC - suggestion to prevent repeat attacking  (Read 6704 times)
LoS
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2008, 07:07:31 pm »

I think the issue of repeat attacking has been brought up a lot lately.
Personally I don't mind repeat attackers, but here's a simple suggestion that may solve or at least calm the issue down.

Limit attacks from the same dragon to 4 times within 30 days.

The reasons I picked these numbers are because they're not too restrictive on attackers and (IMO) once a week is a reasonable frequency.

Any thoughts??

lady sophira
Wyrm Trainer

PROUD HANDLER OF BOTH LADY SOPHIRAS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:57:05 pm »

gold teeth gold teeth gold teeth

I would vote for the only able to hit once ever! thats coz im a caver lol but Los i agree with your 4 times in 30 days.

The only question i would ask is wht do you do when there arent many dragons to hit?Huh?

LoS
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 08:12:31 pm »

The only question i would ask is wht do you do when there arent many dragons to hit?Huh?

Then you take out the scripting manual you bought last weekend.
Or call your friend who's a hack.

Cheesy

But I'm sure targets are plentiful. Unless you're #1 in weight leaderboard lol

lady sophira
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 09:25:10 pm »

Then you take out the scripting manual you bought last weekend.
Or call your friend who's a hack.

Cheesy

But I'm sure targets are plentiful. Unless you're #1 in weight leaderboard lol

I dont have any scripting manual  gold sad you must have me confused with sumone else.

and i do have many friends who are hackers but why would i call them?Huh?? gold teeth

Red-Ice
Fledgling Caretaker

People are crunchy and taste better with ketchup!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 11:32:19 pm »

Well, then you bottom feed, or bloat...  About the only 2 options left.... red wink

"Never look back unless you are planning to go that way"     Unknown
Jules & Banphrionsa
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 11:37:51 pm »

once every week seams too little to me. I think the ABC is just about right

masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 11:39:58 am »

God. . .. are we STILL TALKING about adjusting the ABC??!!!

Come ON people . . .. it's a frikking ATTACK GAME!!

(sorry, I know I'm going overboard here, but honestly . . . !!)

Do you know how many of us complained that there is any ABC at all?  How many of us think it should be removed entirely . .. point is, it's a game where attacking is part of the play.  Even repeat attacking.  Now, the devs have stopped the WORST of the bullying . .. the rest you'll just have to put up with!

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
Fiddler
Draconic Legend

It's been a slice but now I have to scream

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 12:29:33 pm »

I honestly think that the devs are going to leave PD1 the way it is (IMO only), they are working so hard to get a good fair game for PD2.
I agree with MF here, it is an attacking game, and I forgot how upset people got when the ABC was introduced haha thanks for the reminder MF now I feel old.

What see you in the horizon's bruised smear
That cannot be blotted out
By your raised hand?
KLC
Draconic Legend

klc : Kayenne & Kapsaicin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 01:27:45 pm »

I vote against any more restrictions. The current ABC is totally adequate. And yes, I have had annoying repeaters, right Wyndstryke hunny?

"Dragons are dragons.  They are not soft in word or deed and never will be. You'll get used to their way
in time" - LB Graham 'Beyond the Summerland'

Aussie_Gem
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 11:16:37 pm »

Hahaha K...

I agree leave it the way it is.  Yeah it P***** me off to someone coming back a 3rd, 4th or 10th time but you gotta live with it.  Attack back, and make 'em suffer.  Cave.  Grow.  Plenty of options...Personally I try hard not to repeat attack, but as far as I am concerned if your name isn't in my last 20 attacks, well, game on, I can't know if I have attacked yo before or not.  The only other time I repeat attack is if they are repeating on me.  Hey what's fair is fair.
Cody and Bahamut
Wyrm Trainer

King of Dragons

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 03:30:48 pm »

God. . .. are we STILL TALKING about adjusting the ABC??!!!

Come ON people . . .. it's a frikking ATTACK GAME!!

(sorry, I know I'm going overboard here, but honestly . . . !!)

Do you know how many of us complained that there is any ABC at all?  How many of us think it should be removed entirely . .. point is, it's a game where attacking is part of the play.  Even repeat attacking.  Now, the devs have stopped the WORST of the bullying . .. the rest you'll just have to put up with!

My sentiments exactly, although I do understand the need for the ABC...  It would suck to see a dragon drop by your cave twice a day and leave with 10% of your gold each time.  I think the Dev's have a good balance going here.

Keppoch
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 10:27:32 pm »

I get two dragons who are frequent fliers - usually on a 3-5 day cycle (5 days if I'm lucky).  If either of them miss once, they'll re-engage for another try, so I have many multiple attacks from them in my combat history.  It's annoying to always have these guys coming in.  And it's not like their strategy is particularly successful, it's just boring and repetitive. 

How did the dev discussions on the ABC work out? 
lady sophira
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 10:43:20 pm »

gold teeth gold teeth gold teeth

I must admit when i taught emmy how to play the game i told her if you can see the dragons name on your combat history dont go after them again (unless they are super rich, in which case u can have a second go) or unless they attacked you and not vice versa gold teeth

If everyone used the _% like i do in their combat search there are sooooooooo many dragons to chose from they start at the most noticably smaller and go up from there.  and at small there were over 200 dragons noticably smaller than myself and at colossal (im dragon sitting) there were over 600 dragons so no need to repeat attack gold teeth

Charmed
Draconic Legend

The answer to your question is 42

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 04:08:03 am »

If everyone used the _% like i do in their combat search there are sooooooooo many dragons to chose from they start at the most noticably smaller and go up from there.  and at small there were over 200 dragons noticably smaller than myself and at colossal (im dragon sitting) there were over 600 dragons so no need to repeat attack gold teeth

I see how that "trick" of yours might be handy, but "noticeable smaller" is not necessarily a plus in the higher weight classes, because if you (t)here have two dragons of more or less the same age "noticeably smaller" means "most likely to have used more turns on training than you"... red bored

"Do you want me to sit in the corner and rust or just fall apart where I'm standing?", Marvin the Paranoid Android, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
LoS
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 04:35:13 am »

Good news!
If _% is too much for anyone to type in, a single % is sufficient to get the same results Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: