LiquidFyre Games Forums
August 16, 2017, 03:43:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Neverending Story...Game - Part Duece  (Read 20442 times)
Rugaard
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2008, 09:46:57 am »

So i was just reading the original neverending story and i was planning to add my own part of the story, but i was saddened when i saw that it came to an end. I was wondering on what to do when a thought occurred to me...... ill make my own.

Anyway, ill make this simple, same rules as the other one. Keep it short (1 - 3 sentences)

OK - me first, ill set the mood, so to speak.....

The dreams I've been having the past month have eventually led me to this cave. Standing before the gaping mouth, I gather my courage and my sword and enter. Upon entering, all i can smell is burnt skin and fat, nearly gagging i stick my nose in my tunic and continue deeper into the cave.

And here... we... go...
Bone
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 02:10:47 pm »

I will give one special dragon a HUGE thumbs up if she/he puts the first story together into one post  black teeth

King Bone - Golden Pooper VI on PD1; _____ on PD2
el
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 04:25:16 pm »

I trip over pieces of burnt and twisted metal, unrecognizable mysterious shapes.  I fall against the cave wall and

Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 04:29:56 pm »

Where a ridge of protruding rock pierced my heart. In death, and the power of undeath, I can avenge my liege

I am so omniscient that if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both.
Also, WDoV and stuff
Hippolyta
Draconic Legend

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 05:52:01 pm »

*suddenly I wake up* the dreams have been getting more and more lifelike. I must find that cave. I stumble out of bed and put my glasses on. The noise of traffic outside brings me back to reality. How would I find this place? Certainly not in this country. I begin to make plans...
Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 06:01:59 pm »

Whilst writing down my plans I trip and fall on my pen, skewering my heart. In death, and the power of undeath, I can avenge my liege

*Sorry, couldn't help myself...*

Also, WDoV and stuff
Whiskey-jack
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 09:52:23 pm »

Damn dreams within dreams! I wondered now if i was really awake or stuck in some surreal state. Not knowing what else to do i began scanning maps i had collected from national geographic to see if anything jumped out at me....or if i would simple wake up again.
Fiddler
Draconic Legend

It's been a slice but now I have to scream

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 10:01:17 pm »

I realize it's time to trust my intuition again, north I hear, no time for much packing I must get there, I am being pulled like a magnet towards the unknown.

What see you in the horizon's bruised smear
That cannot be blotted out
By your raised hand?
vargragg
Developer's Assistant
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 10:07:14 pm »

As I began collecting the few things I needed to bring, I realized the pull really WAS magnetic. In my pocket I felt a strange, copper-wired device I didn't recognize. Distractedly I wondered where it came from, and what I was supposed to do with it.

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
Aussie_Gem
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 11:09:18 pm »

I opened it up to find a compass, with beautiful markings and intricate details.  But not something of this century.  Something older...much older.
Rugaard
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 11:19:53 pm »

well, not quite the direction I'd hoped, but very good. lets see....

while wondering where this compass came from, i distractedly turned it around and something caught my eye. on the back of the compass was etched a simple, yet captivating design. looking a little closer, i realized that the symbol was glowing...

And here... we... go...
Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 04:30:13 am »

As I was inspecting the compass I tripped over my shoelaces, falling on to a sharp point on the compass and skewering my heart

The more I stared at the symbol the brighter it seemed to glow. Vague images begin to form in my mind, blurred at first but becoming clearer as the room around me dims. Strangely, I feel as if I've seen these images before. But where?

Also, WDoV and stuff
vargragg
Developer's Assistant
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 08:05:58 am »

*well, Rugaard, isn't that the point of these stories; you don't get to decide the direction? Wink *

Then I realized: the dreams! Those eerie dreams I'd had... I remembered the one where an alien looking creature had given me the strange device.

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
el
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 11:47:42 am »

Within the dreams, the alien looking being said words.  I have to try and remember those words.  I 'll take a nice hot bath to relax and let them come back to me

*before I fall and kill myself again*

Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 03:21:41 pm »

As I was climbing out the bath, I tripped and... *No, dammit, the secret is knowing when to stop!*

I walked upstairs, my mind on other, stranger matters. I ran some hot water and added lavender bubble bath which, I remembered from my days as an aromatherapist, is very relaxing. As the scented vapors reached my nose, a knocking noise came from downstairs. I wasn't expecting anyone, who could it be?

Also, WDoV and stuff
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: