LiquidFyre Games Forums
June 27, 2017, 01:11:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 65
  Print  
Author Topic: Parchment Analysis - *SOLVED!* Spoilers within!  (Read 142502 times)
BlackenedRoseThorn
« on: June 14, 2008, 09:06:08 pm »

Okay, this is completely my opinion, but I have taken a look at the piece so far thread and read it to the best of my ability... and I will post the snippets that I have below: (these are not in any order so take it for what it is worth)

...prove that  //  ...time I ended // ...outstanding things Father!  //  ... of undiscovered // ...tastic (maybe fantastic?) // ...extraordinary! // ...Rare finds // ...military // ...I must start // ...organizing // ...treasure holds // ...world through a different // ...walls ; ...eight gates? // ...ancient // ...war was // ...we have signs of a... // ...of the original // ...overwhelming // ...the society // ...explored // ...phosphorus // ...obliterate their rivals // ...yet effective // ...southern shore // ...has given us hope...

MY ANALYSIS

For me, based upon what I can decipher, this seems to be a letter from a son to his father describing either a treasure he has found, or a treasure that he has discovered the location to. The location has something to do with an ancient war that occurred, and my guess is that the treasure was lost at that time. Presumably, the son never found the treasure as the letter was discovered in rather poor shape (having been burnt, suggesting that the son himself was involved in a war). Several of the words in particular popped out at me, namely phosphorous, obliterate, and effective. This gives me the impression that the treasure could in some way protect the seeker, perhaps a weapon of some sort? If you have an alternate opinion, go ahead and post it here.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 02:10:17 pm by Zedarius » Logged
kaiballz
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 11:11:00 pm »

nicely done... now, i would like to find that weapon! sounds good gold tongue

FB
KaiBallZ 337 day old Male Legend
Gold Rank: 187
Combat Rank: 195
Over All Rank: 50
Highest Raid Rank: 75
*Out of 44,753 dragons
Over All Rank: 2
*Out of 1,747 dragons

Bebo
KaiBallZ - 192 day old Male Great Wyrm
Over All Rank: 2
0ntique.|ShΛdΘw₣∂ux| - 2
Draconic Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 11:42:23 pm »

i also got that one that this is a letter from a son to his father...but nicely done brt Cheesy i have my midterms on my head..after that i would also like to help you finding out the rest of it..

mEsS wId dA bEsT dIe LiKe dA rEsT....

|ShΛdΘw₣aux| - 2 is the best...

Click here to take the challenge 

Charmed
Draconic Legend

The answer to your question is 42

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 12:50:18 am »

A wording that seems to be occurring in a couple of pieces is "N' her-Gir..." (only first part revealed so far).

Whether it is a name of a place or of a being I have no idea (personally I am hoping for the last one red wink).

*Edited at 10.26 AM - GMT+1*: I now think the whole name is "N' her-Girdré"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 02:28:21 am by Charmed » Logged

"Do you want me to sit in the corner and rust or just fall apart where I'm standing?", Marvin the Paranoid Android, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 04:13:08 am »

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but does he mean Father as in parent or Father as in a religious figure? Religious figures normally have a capital F in father, but paternal fathers don't (do they? I may be wrong)

I am so omniscient that if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both.
Also, WDoV and stuff
Carla.Despo
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 05:36:23 am »

My piece of parchment Grin..................
Charmed
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 07:43:28 am »

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but does he mean Father as in parent or Father as in a religious figure? Religious figures normally have a capital F in father, but paternal fathers don't (do they? I may be wrong)

Maybe. However, I have noticed that the English language capitalizes more words than the Danish one so I honestly would not know for sure. But might father with a capital F not be more common in ancient/old days - back when one used phrases such as "greetings"...

"Do you want me to sit in the corner and rust or just fall apart where I'm standing?", Marvin the Paranoid Android, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
el
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 08:25:48 am »

Re: Capitlals

referencing - I am going to see my father... - small letter

as a form of address - Dear Father..  Mother   
capital letters were considered appropriate, like for a name or place.  Formal and honouring their status.

REDTAILTHEHAWK
Wyrmling Handler

Redtail Fury

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 10:50:22 am »

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb223/hooniwonder/?action=view&current=5D00SSBHP8M-1.png         green wink

i have found this one

Charmed
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 12:26:38 pm »

*puts hands on BeRT's shoulders and guides him to a chair*

OK BeRT, sit down.. take a deep breath... everything is going to be alright red teeth

While I know this method (and would not be surprised if the developers had been tricky enough to use it red tongue) we are not going to know until the parchment is complete anyway.

Besides I do not think that the capital letters are off so far... like el said it is probably just to illustrate an era were one was more formal (quite normal in RPG red wink) and honoured ones parents more than today.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 12:47:58 pm by Charmed » Logged

armygirl1715
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 12:48:54 pm »

how about we all wait until we have a decent amount of the parchment to go off of?  we haven't even gotten a full sentence yet!  but until then we just have to hope that all the other missing pieces make their way back to us.
Aramika
Draconic Legend

Always speak politely to an enraged dragon.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 12:56:40 pm »

how about we all wait until we have a decent amount of the parchment to go off of?  we haven't even gotten a full sentence yet!

Because we're too impatient to wait. Cheesy

Cody and Bahamut
Wyrm Trainer

King of Dragons

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 02:13:31 pm »

how about we all wait until we have a decent amount of the parchment to go off of?  we haven't even gotten a full sentence yet!  but until then we just have to hope that all the other missing pieces make their way back to us.

That's a disturbing thought...  Has there been any duplicate pieces found yet?  Maybe this letter is like a giant puzzle, but there are only 500 pieces given out at random...  And let's say that 30 pieces are given to dragons who's masters don't visit the forum...

Would that mean that our puzzle would never be completed?

What a nightmarish thought!   black sad

Charmed
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 10:14:36 pm »

Has there been any duplicate pieces found yet?  Maybe this letter is like a giant puzzle, but there are only 500 pieces given out at random...  And let's say that 30 pieces are given to dragons who's masters don't visit the forum...

Would that mean that our puzzle would never be completed?

Duplicates have already occured... as you said some trainers are bound to just ignore this new feature so I guess duplicates are necessesary in order to make sure the puzzle gets finished in the end.

Jessie
Fledgling Caretaker

The Seventh Wave

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 12:54:36 am »

// ...walls ; ...eight gates? // ...ancient // ...war was

I'm like ridiculously positive that the old city of Jerusalem has 8 gates. Add to that the devs are good little Jewish boys who've been to Israel recently and i think that's a bit of a lead.  The gates were burnt in the war with the Babylonians then not rebuilt until about 70 yrs later.  I haven't read this part of the Bible in a while, but I will check it tonight and let you know if any of that info is wrong, but i'm pretty darn sure it's not.

Someone more motivated could google it.  As for me i shouldn't even be on here during work hours...naughty addicted thing that i am.

Anxiety does not rob tomorrow of it's sorrows, only today of it's strength.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 65
  Print  

Jump to: