LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 22, 2017, 06:01:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook troubles  (Read 1672 times)
Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2008, 03:30:15 pm »

Hey everyone, just got this message from another of my fave apps

Hi Everyone,
Just to let you know, the Facebook site is experiencing a large number of "connection reset" or "cannot display page" errors at the moment. This is across ALL Facebook apps, not just this one. So in order to prevent you from losing your hard-earned Fairy Gold, you may like to keep it safe and play your favourite Magical Mushrooms game tomorrow instead!

Thought it was my computer being all obsolete. So if your having this (extraordinarily frustrating) problem, fear not, it's facebooks fault.

I am so omniscient that if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both.
Also, WDoV and stuff
Smauglet and Trinity
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 03:54:39 pm »

Thought so!  It certainly made today even more exciting for all the wrong reasons, as I had a very short window in which to carry out an equipment swap.

carrie
Fledgling Caretaker

friend and ally to Scorch, custodian of the Grub

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 05:34:48 pm »

shimmers what application were you talking about? it sounds interesting and I cant find it.

big big thanks to Howard Tayler - the lovely artist who lets me use Scorch's pic. You can find his weird and wonderful stuff at www.schlockmercenary.com
Iridia
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:04:48 am »

shimmers what application were you talking about? it sounds interesting and I cant find it.

It's called 'My Fairy' try here http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy

always running after your goldz
Not all Alliances are the same...
Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 03:25:54 am »

Facebook have apparently now fixed the problems which were causing all the "connection reset" or "cannot display page" errors in all the apps recently, which is great news.

And it is the My Fairy app. Camp, but fun  silver grin

Also, WDoV and stuff
BlackenedRoseThorn
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 07:10:27 am »

You want to know a strange problem I encountered this morning... I logged into MY facebook account and it displayed my brothers profile, along with HIS dragon. Now before anyone says, well you must have logged into your brothers account by accident... that couldnt have happened as he has a totally different account on this computer, which is password locked. The strangest thing is that when I realized something was up and went to the home page it shifted back to MY account, and the profile reverted to MINE.

All I can think of is that I must have found a very strange little bug in facebooks code.
masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 12:34:40 am »

That, BRT, or you were on some good [bad noun]. . .. ..

Can I have some of it?

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
Jules & Banphrionsa
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 12:59:14 am »

It seems that facebook is still having some problems. All day today it's been on and off. I can't even reply to a message. The good news is that you can get to PD using the link here at the top. blue teeth

Millam
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 07:16:19 pm »

FB is still having problems even to today.... I wonder what kind of maintenance they're up to... it's not as bad as it was, but I'm still getting page not found, page can't be displayed errors.... on more than one puter.
Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 07:22:14 pm »

Yeah, just noticed that too. Still a few blips apparently. Wonder whats going on?

Also, WDoV and stuff
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: