LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 22, 2017, 06:02:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with caving  (Read 5059 times)
Charmed
Draconic Legend

The answer to your question is 42

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2008, 12:33:08 am »

Not sure if this is a bug or if it has been posted before...

Today I logged in around 15 minutes before turnover and tried to cave my dragon. However, when I clicked on "stay" inside the "confirm box" (the one that asks if you are really sure) never popped up (I have never had this problem before so I hardly think that it is due to my pop-up blocker). However, when I tried clicking on other tabs, such as refreshing my dragon or one of the "use turns" buttons, the "confirm box" appeared but when I clicked yes on it I just either got my dragon refreshed or the expected message "you do not have time to do that today" - depending on what I had clicked in order to get the "confirm box" to appear.

I tried logging in and out of FB to see if that would do something to help the problem but it did not.

After turnover the problem "partly" solved itself, because now, even though I still had to click on something else (like look for gold) for the "confirm box" to appear, clicking on the "confirm box" now actually made my dragon cave - but I still had to click on something else in order to be able to confirm that I wanted to cave.

Is this a bug and if so could you please look into it? I was planning on caving tomorrow because I have a big exam and I was sort of relying on this option to work red wink Because of the problem I sent my dragon out on an attack so right now my dragon is not home but will be back in about 9 h + some minutes and I was planning on caving him when he gets back - if I can.

My Facebook number is: 642631977

"Do you want me to sit in the corner and rust or just fall apart where I'm standing?", Marvin the Paranoid Android, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
ponygp
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 01:14:53 am »

I had exactly the same problem this morning. I managed to get my dragon into his cave, but it's worrying all the same.

My ID is 610660754

It may be true that this is where we die, but more importantly, this is where we live.
Dragor The Relentless
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 01:21:18 am »

Maybe someone can check with the devs if they're implementing some new thing that delays your dragon's entry into the cave.. to discourage cavers, or to expose cavers for a slightly longer period of time so that members of UNCLE can catch them out.

Here's a thread where its been discussed and suggested..

http://www.petdragonsfbapp.com/forum/index.php?topic=1496.0

PYROGENY
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 02:32:06 am »

I had the same problem but Pyrogeny was on PoFAR so I figured that was why
masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 03:40:16 am »

Dragor, I highly doubt they would implement such a system without putting out an announcement . . .

Maybe it's just the Raiders Lucky Day . .. . black tongue

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
Charmed
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 08:56:47 am »

My dragon was not under the influence of PoFAR, if that had been the case I would not have tried to cave, because I know that is impossible when in post rage mode...

"Do you want me to sit in the corner and rust or just fall apart where I'm standing?", Marvin the Paranoid Android, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
Charmed
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 09:50:36 am »

Dragon has returned from attack and "problem" is still the same as it was after turnover a little over 9.5 hours ago, meaning that I have to click on another box or tab in order to get the "confirm box" for entering the cave to appear (just clicking on "stay inside" does not make the "confirm box" appear)... I know that I am a complete computer illeterate but this seems wrong to me.. red sad

As far as I can see there is nothing wrong with the "Leave the Cave" function (but I might be wrong). I actually tried going in and out of my cave a couple of times just now, and in some of my attempts to re-enter my cave it was like this morning before turnover (where nothing worked at all - clicking on other boxes or tabs just executed their normal function) and in others it was as it was after turnover (clicking on other boxes or tabs forced the "confirm box" for caving to finally appear.

Must admit that this confuses and worries me quite a bit - surely my dragon has hardly entered his cave in these last two months but I still would like to have the option to do so... red wink

BlackenedRoseThorn
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 10:16:21 am »

When my mother was trying to cave earlier, it produced an error screen but when we navigated back to it she was in her cave. Have you checked your pop up blocker? If that is blocking the pop up, then you are not going to get the message.
Pete
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 11:02:05 am »

However, when I clicked on "stay" inside the "confirm box" (the one that asks if you are really sure) never popped up (I have never had this problem before so I hardly think that it is due to my pop-up blocker).
Not bad for a self-confessed complete computer illiterate! Keep with the plan BeRT gold wink
I am
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 09:21:15 pm »

Hi i  am having problem caving  as  well ..  my  cave button  does not  seem to  work .. then i  go  to log  out and the  do you want to  cave comes  up but of  course i press  yes and it logs me out.. I do you want to  cave  does not come up at  all for me  unless i  pushing log out  ofr  go to home page then  comes up  but  does not  put me in the  cave.. I  now have  4  unwanted  attacks   because i  can't  cave.
 Is there a  bug or  is it a glictch

thank  I  am
Charmed
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 01:09:37 am »

Have you checked your pop up blocker? If that is blocking the pop up, then you are not going to get the message.

Unless the pop up blocker suddenly changed its settings on its own then I do not think that is the problem, because I have never encountered this before yesterday and I have not altered the pop up settings on my computer. If the pop up blocker was the problem should it not completely prevent the "confirm box" to appear - I mean if the box is being prevented from popping up by the pop up blocker, then why does it pop up when I click on another box or tab?

Problem still exist today - and this was on a different computer where I also never before have had this problem red sad

Ill_save_myself
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 07:18:31 am »

I can just about get into my cave if I work out exactly where the caving box will appear as it appears for about .25 of a second before I get an error screen.  If I hammer the left click button on the mouse in that exact spot I can get my dragon caved.  This definately is a bug with the app as only had this since Saturday.
Zedarius
Dragon Overseer
Developer
Draconic Legend

He's a dragon. He burns things.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 12:47:56 pm »

Instead of javascript, we are using a cave confirm page. Let us know if you have any issues.

Danny Olefsky
Codesigner and developer of Pet Dragons
Signature by Tordana
£фЯĐ ί∂†Яiνэ - †i†∂₲фЭ'§ †Я∂iⁿэЯ
Wyrmling Handler

†ḩЭ фⁿЭ ∂ⁿĐ фⁿ£΅ †i†∂ⁿi΅₥ ĐЯ∂₲фⁿ iⁿ ƿĐ1 + ƿĐ2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 08:06:57 am »

I have tested it today for the last 12 hours and the problem still appear.

I guess those who has taken the PoFAR is probably shivering wetting their pants now if this is not resolve soon so that the can be in the cave within the first 24 hours rather that being out on the cave for 48 hours after the first 24 hours.

Perhaps a good time to hunt them for their gold!  silver tongue

£фЯĐ ί∂†Яiνэ
~•~•~•~•~•~
†Я∂iⁿэЯ ₣фЯ †i†∂₲фЭ iⁿ ƿĐ1 + ƿĐ2
Zedarius
Dragon Overseer
Developer
Draconic Legend

He's a dragon. He burns things.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 08:42:40 am »

I have tested it today for the last 12 hours and the problem still appear.

I guess those who has taken the PoFAR is probably shivering wetting their pants now if this is not resolve soon so that the can be in the cave within the first 24 hours rather that being out on the cave for 48 hours after the first 24 hours.

Perhaps a good time to hunt them for their gold!  silver tongue

You're not supposed to be able to enter your cave for the 24 hours or the 48 hours following that - that's by design, not a bug.

Danny Olefsky
Codesigner and developer of Pet Dragons
Signature by Tordana
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: