LiquidFyre Games Forums
November 24, 2017, 03:15:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Add a Retaliate button!  (Read 2730 times)
KAWAIIwolf
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:08:44 pm »

I think there should be an option to retaliate against another dragon after they attack you, win, and get some of your gold. It should be available only for a short time after their attack is complete (like an hour or two). I also think that it should take less time than a regular attack does and that friends shouldn't be able to help. Items should be allowed, though.
chilung
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 12:23:25 pm »

Um, if you want to retaliate against them, just search for their name, and retaliate, why do you need a special button, and why should the bruised party be given special rights, to have reduced time, special offensive rights (an attack against someone with no assistance obviously has a higher chance of success even if you add items), and also a regular attack may net more gold depending on the target, or in quite a few cases less, but that's the price you pay for having more gold than your target.

Note I've just lost 89K because I want out to a wedding and got drunk, came back home passed out, woke up a couple hours later feeling like crap to see that result, so if I seem kind of snarky, that's probably why.
BlackenedRoseThorn
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 12:34:47 pm »

While interesting, not really a high priority on my list of things I would like to see. After all, people can already retaliate,
KAWAIIwolf
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 12:53:07 pm »

Um, if you want to retaliate against them, just search for their name, and retaliate, why do you need a special button, and why should the bruised party be given special rights, to have reduced time, special offensive rights (an attack against someone with no assistance obviously has a higher chance of success even if you add items), and also a regular attack may net more gold depending on the target, or in quite a few cases less, but that's the price you pay for having more gold than your target.

Note I've just lost 89K because I want out to a wedding and got drunk, came back home passed out, woke up a couple hours later feeling like crap to see that result, so if I seem kind of snarky, that's probably why.

lol, poor you...  black sad I'm just a bit ticked off cuz I have been sick with a high fever for the last day and a half and I lost to three dragons that I could have easily defended against and in the past and on one of those dragons, I go to retaliate against them and they get help from a friend or they are gone comepletely because they went into their cave. It sucks... especially if they have very powerful friends. I guess I agree with you and would nix the shorter attack time, but usually the person attacking you is smart enough to only attack smaller, weaker dragons, therefore, if you can manage to get your dragon strong enough to retaliate, you would be able to salvage your pride and get a bit of your gold back, even if it isn't all of it. The other dragon still comes out with a bit of gold, and you feel a little better about yourself.

I'm being flexible cuz I am just suggesting somthing that would make me happier, but I'd be happy with just a retailiate button on the Combat Record screen just because some ppl automatically send their dragons back into their caves and you aren't able to find them, even a few short minutes after they are done with their attack. I think it would be nice if their was a short period of time that you can slip in and retaliate before they are back in their caves. But I really would like it if ppl could attack them back without their friends getting involved.
phroxenphyre
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 02:02:21 pm »

If anything, the names of each dragon on your combat history could be links to the search page that automatically searches for the dragon's name. No special rights or privileges, just a slightly faster way of finding them again. But since it's really not much trouble to highlight, copy and paste, I'm not too worried about it either.
chilung
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 02:44:58 pm »

If anything, the names of each dragon on your combat history could be links to the search page that automatically searches for the dragon's name. No special rights or privileges, just a slightly faster way of finding them again. But since it's really not much trouble to highlight, copy and paste, I'm not too worried about it either.

I wouldn't be opposed to this idea at all, it might also eliminate the sneaky name raiders if this was possible to implement.
Xovran
Dragon Rider

Tasty morsels these humans are.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 03:58:24 pm »

We are going to get Dragon Profiles at some point and every name should be clickable to those profiles. Thus, in our Combat History we should be able to click directly to the dragon's profile and click the nifty little Attack Dragon button which will be provided on the Dragon Profile page. Or at least I hope all that happens.

Dragons are the only mystical creatures to be seen in every culture throughout time.
http://www.judahmahay.com
Midgar
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 08:02:52 pm »

Kind of funny that this comes up, I was thinking of something like this for that last week.  Altho you could just search for them via battle search, for your retals.  I was thinking since I'm gaining more gold, that while being able to raid 60k+ being nice, but soon it will be posible to be raided that much form me in return.   Now what I was thinking about the retal wasn't just for vengence purpose but to get back the gold you have lost.  Since the richer dragons are at a net disadvantage when involved in a war with the poor.  So it would be interesting to be able to retal for a posible 100% of the amount lost to our poverty stucken foe.  Now of course the retal is on a random roll, same as normal attack, but this way we can at least have a chance at an equivelant sum of gold.  Cept if your poor raider spends it all, well then we would be limited to there stash.

What's this do?
chilung
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 08:13:41 pm »

I'll still stubbornly hold onto the idea that the fact the top dragons should have a harder time defending their gold percentage wise, otherwise it just doesn't allow for the redistribution of wealth. It is and it should be harder for the dragons at the top rather than those at the bottom.
Midgar
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 08:16:16 pm »

Ok, but say you get attacked by 5/day, it would be nice to be able to retal one of them for a posibility of your money back. Maybe that could be a requirement before being able to retal that way.

What's this do?
chilung
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 08:22:13 pm »

It may seem fair to you, but is it fair on that individual dragon that you happen to pick to get a full retaliation on?
At least that's my two cents, which if you even think about touching, I'm gonna bitch slap you so damn hard... red wink

P.S. I know it's frustrating I pretty lost all my gains of the last couple of days, in just one attack, it's knocked me down quite a few ranks, so I definitely know how you're feeling on that level.
Midgar
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 08:30:11 pm »

Um, yes it would be fair.  He/she pick me, so I pick them back.  Fair in my books.

What's this do?
chilung
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 09:13:00 pm »

Um, yes it would be fair.  He/she pick me, so I pick them back.  Fair in my books.

That's kind of the point of this game... to pick on someone and try and steal their gold, the defenders already on a flat level have an advantage if merely for the fact they can boast their defence by up to 50%,  there are anti-bullying restrictions that are now already built into the app, how much more advantages do the defenders need?

There are risks involved in attacking, but there are also greater risks involved in having a larger cache of gold and there should be.  I'm possibly about to lose another defence, but that's the game, it happens, I'm probably going to lose more than I gain for a while now because I've got a larger cache, it's the price I pay for it, more people attacking, and being targeted more often. You already can single out a target and counter attack them.

if you put these ideas into play, it will seriously disadvantage the poorer, weaker dragons.

I'm being attacked by a dragon with assorted valuables, I got robbed 89K by a dragon who after they attacked me had a numerous pile, if I was to be able to regain all my gold that would be close to 90% of his horde, that's totally unfair, I lost more than 10% where as they could lose up to 90%. Is that fair?

It would basically result in the game becoming stagnated, the stronger, rich dragons would have even greater advantages because they could just retaliate their losses more effectively, and the poorer, weaker dragons (who may have just got lucky) wouldn't dare attack a more powerful wealthy target for fear that they could regain their losses immediately.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 09:17:22 pm by chilung » Logged
Midgar
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 09:46:14 pm »

Defenders only have those advantages because the attack can pick there attacks, potions.  If a retal happens then they would in turn have the same advantages as the defender does.  That's fair.  Now I wasn't suggesting being able to retal every attack on you, but a one after a said requirement is met.  Say after specific number of incomings/day.  And the option would only be viable for 12-24hrs after  being raided.

Stronger dragons have the advantage no matter what you do in the game.  So no matter what one suggests you can always say that it would benefit the strong.

I'm being attacked by a dragon with assorted valuables, I got robbed 89K by a dragon who after they attacked me had a numerous pile, if I was to be able to regain all my gold that would be close to 90% of his horde, that's totally unfair, I lost more than 10% where as they could lose up to 90%. Is that fair?
I think so.  They never had that to begin with. They wouldn't miss it, since they wouldn't have really had a chance to roll in the new wealth.

It would simply add something new to the game, being at risk would be interesting in my books.  Now you could always cave if your scared of the retal.

See what I did with the bold there, I think it's clever too.

What's this do?
masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 11:46:13 pm »

I'm with Chilung on this one . . . .

Again, regardless of how many people attacked you, or how long it's been, it will work against the "redistribution" principle, and will generally make getting and keeping gold too easy. . ..  You just pick the guy who took the most . . .

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: