LiquidFyre Games Forums
October 22, 2017, 08:18:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome! Make your first posts here!  (Read 94388 times)
IronRaptor
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2007, 01:15:41 am »

Hello everyone, I'm no mod, but I've seen this done elsewhere, and thought it'd make a nice addition.

If you're new to Pet Dragons, or new to it's forums, please use this thread to introduce yourself.  Tell us your hobbies, your job, you're hometown, anything you please just so we around here can get to know you some.  Tell us about your dragon, use this space as a place to pen out a backstory for your beast from Hatchling to Giant.

To get things rolling, I'm Ben.  Grew up in Alaska, Valedictorian of Wasilla High class of '06, and currently going to Northern Arizona University.  I'm an actor and singer at heart, minoring in Theatre, but majoring in buisiness Finance and Management.  I absolutely love RPGs, and Marvel/DC comics and Futuristic junk like Dune and Mechwarrior/Battletech are among other favorite hobbies.  Lots of pets, from scorpions to Hedgehogs to leopard geckos, I've owned them at some point or another.

Reptiles, and therein Dragon's, are my favorite animals.  Dragons have always been a fascination.  Such awe and power in a savage and/or graceful reptilian package.  I don't approve of Eastern Dragons... Dragon's with 'mustaches' are weird looking. Serahphim is actually a guardian angel taken form of a dragon.  While she's above any human command, she's mortal enough to need my human guidance to raise her from a hatchling.  I suppose that since she's stuck with me, we've grown close enough that she trusts me in her lifestyle.  Grin

Welcome to Pet Dragons, The Forum!
Nizza Kizza
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 09:19:42 am »

Im Daryl from Halifax Ns and this is my Dragons info ...

Nizza Kizza is an Imp God. One of many creatures found on an island south of Cuba known as Ogre Island.

Im also married and have a 2 year old son  Tongue
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 09:22:30 am by Nizza Kizza » Logged

Of all the things i miss, its my mind i miss the most.
Its true .. I aint smarter then a 5th grader!
The Lady
Wyrm Trainer

plays to not lose...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 10:36:18 am »

Hi I'm Sue from the UK, I work full-time (night shift) and have a dog called Zach.

I have a pedigree swamp dragon called Lord Mountjoy Quickfang Winterforth IV but he's known to everyone as Hemmy.

I like sci-fi/fantasy stuff, especially the Discworld books but you've probably sussed that already  Smiley

The Lady - She who shall not be named. The single most powerful goddess on the Discworld, for the simple reason that, although she has no worshipers and the only temple ever erected to her was destroyed purely by chance, everybody hopes and prays that she exists and that she'll smile on them.
tordana
Fledgling Caretaker

.Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 12:18:13 pm »

Hey guys, I'm Andy, from Indianapolis, IN. I go to school with Danny, which is how I discovered the app. I'm a computer science major and music minor, and spend all my time playing video games. Tongue

Currently playing:

Lord of the Rings Online
Battlefield 2142
Hellgate: London

Topaduhphoochane
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 12:25:45 pm »

Hey. Name's Troy, now from Montana. Enjoy the app alot, little obsessive about it. Forum's a great idea. My Dragon seems to have social issues as all the bugger does is attack twice a day, oh well, we enjoy it.
Kyle & Quetzalcoatl
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 12:29:40 pm »

My Dragon seems to have social issues as all the bugger does is attack twice a day, oh well, we enjoy it.

*LMAO*  Sheesh!

Names Kyle.  Born in Alberta, raised in Ontario, moved back to Alberta to work in the oil patch.  I'm with Topaduhphoochane...I'm obsessive about this thing now.  *sigh*  Can't get out of the discussion boards!...wait...OH!...He's obsessive about the GAME!  ha ha ha  I'm obsessive about the discussions!

My Dragon is Quetzalcoatl. It means "Feathered Serpent".  In ancient Aztec beliefs he was associated with the wind and was the most powerful of the gods.  Once he regains his control of the wind, he will regain his supremecy! Until then, we are busy trying to survive in this dangerous world of meteors and strange time-shifting blackouts!  Collecting enough gold to change his title to "God"! *grin*

Quetzalcoatl means "Feathered Serpent".  In ancient Aztec beliefs he was associated with the wind and was the most powerful of the gods.  Once he regains his control of the wind, he will regain his supremecy! Until then, we are busy trying to survive in this dangerous world of meteors and strange ti
Lisa and Saphira
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 12:54:19 pm »

Sooo if i havent met ya yet, my names Lisa, im from Little Rock AR. i work a night job that keeps me tied to the desk all night, this is fine with me since i have my laptop with me.

my dragon is Saphira, she has a very mothering spirit always the protector Smiley she cant seem to say no when called for help. so we dont get as much attacking in as some. she doesnt seem to mind though.

loving the forum!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Nigra
Wyrmling Handler

o-/-<

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 01:05:01 pm »

Hi im Lewi from the UK, my dragon is called Nigra, look in the Elder Circles Wieght section to see it...No# 12 i think..

Nigra's Age/Weight stats latest
Weight: 938,190
Hunting Skill: 2825
Sara
Draconic Legend

Dragon Tamer and Writer Extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 01:18:52 pm »

Oh, I should probably post something here, too.

I'm Sara, currently residing in the lovely state of Virginia (finally!).  I don't miss New York at all. Grin  I love dragons, and eventually want to finish the design for and build an autonomous mechanically-driven but life-like dragonet, so that I can someday have a real pet dragon.  Or as close as you can get without having a, say, lizard.  Not that Renath isn't a wonderful dragon, of course...  My hobbies are too numerous to mention, but I'm currently participating in NaNoWriMo, and I hope to publish the novel when it's fully completed.

Oh, and I love steampunk.  And I DJ on an online gaming radio station every friday evening.  And I desperately need a job.

That should be enough, right?

Tesserex
Dragon World Creator
Developer
Draconic Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 01:41:42 pm »

I guess maybe I should reply to this one too!

So, who am I?

Craig Schwartz, age 20, Junior at University of Illinois at UC majoring in Comp Sci. They don't teach me things like how to write Pet Dragons, so I had to pick that up on my own. Instead they've taught me things like processor design, how compilers work, and the basics of AI. I spend more time on projects like PD than I do on my homework.

The name (both my alias and dragon name) of Tesserex is basically what I use for everything. It's been taken some places, but if you see another Tesserex somewhere there's a good chance it's me. It's a sort of nerd thing, but not enough to explain.

Other than working on a wonderful Facebook application, I spend most of my time playing Wii (GH3, Smash Melee and soon to be Brawl, etc) and I also make chainmaille, but not so active in it right now. I'm the weaves admin of MAIL, the Maille Artisans International League, if you've heard of it.

Craig Schwartz - Pet Dragons developer / coder
Zedarius
Dragon Overseer
Developer
Draconic Legend

He's a dragon. He burns things.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 01:54:54 pm »

Suppose I should as well?

I'm Danny Olefsky, 20 years old, and a junior at Butler University in Indianapolis, IN. I'm an avid gamer, often interfering with schoolwork  Wink I'm absolutely out-of-my-mind anxious for Super Smash Brothers Brawl, as Craig and I became pretty competitive on Super Smash Brothers Melee over the past few years.

I'm a Recording Industries Studies major here, but in all reality my dream job would be in the game design industry. Guess this is a good first step, huh? I'm considering a minor in Computer Science, and actually planned all of my next semester's classes around what classes would further my knowledge of how I can make Pet Dragons a better game.

I'm also a musician. I sing, play saxophone, and am a half-decent vocal percussionist. I make drum sounds with my mouth =)   I'm in an a cappella group here at Butler. I used to be Music Director, meaning I ran rehearsals and whatnot, but evidently the group didn't like me in that position and kicked me out of it last night. So I'm pretty stressed out. But crap happens. We just had a concert last Saturday, and I will be posting videos of us on Youtube as soon as we get access to it. Should be pretty cool.

My dragon is named Burnyou because ...well. I don't know. I thought it was funny  Grin I made his graphic myself using an awesome pixel-art editor. I'm cool like that. You can see him as my avatar up  by my name.

Danny Olefsky
Codesigner and developer of Pet Dragons
Signature by Tordana
Kyle & Quetzalcoatl
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 01:57:57 pm »

I spend most of my time playing Wii (GH3, Smash Melee and soon to be Brawl, etc) and I also make chainmaille

WHAT?!?!  You have a life outside of PetDragons?!?  Wow!  I think we need a poll on whether you two should be allowed a life!  *grin*

Quetzalcoatl means "Feathered Serpent".  In ancient Aztec beliefs he was associated with the wind and was the most powerful of the gods.  Once he regains his control of the wind, he will regain his supremecy! Until then, we are busy trying to survive in this dangerous world of meteors and strange ti
dragonbrother
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 02:00:55 pm »

What's up fellow dragon brothers and sisters!

My name is Mike and my dragon is Torma, a Heavyhorn Hybrid dragon from a fan fiction novel I am currently writing.

Looking forward to seeing more people join this forum as well as the pet dragon thing on face book!

Give Them Nothing, But Take From Them Everything!
Sara
Draconic Legend

Dragon Tamer and Writer Extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 02:02:00 pm »

The name (both my alias and dragon name) of Tesserex is basically what I use for everything. It's been taken some places, but if you see another Tesserex somewhere there's a good chance it's me. It's a sort of nerd thing, but not enough to explain.
It's a combination of tesseract and rex, right?  You should totally win bonus points for basing your name around a tesseract.  Which are awesome, mind you.

Jathrax
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 02:23:14 pm »

Wow, already lots of interesting people.  Sort of makes me feel like plain folk beside you all, but regardless, we do trudge on don't we?

Oi all, Josh from Chicago here.  I'm currently looking at schools who may accept me due to my terrible GPA (when I went to school, I didn't think I'd be actually *doing* anything with my education, so I screwed around...Guess it bit me back finally) for a Philosophy program.  I spend far too much time gaming.  However, I've recently conducted a few tests, and it ends up that gaming puts me in a near meditative state.  So, here's the start of a new wave...Gaming is good for mental health and stress levels!  Certainly tends to lower my heart-rate...Unless the game is trying to scare the crap out of me/kill me...Regardless.

Jathrax is my do-all name, much like Tesserex, but without the cool explanation.  I just sorta came up with mine.  Jathrax the dragon is currently working his way up the weight/fighting totem, but it seems he's got a touch of bad luck...His record isn't what I would hope it to be, but in all honesty, he's just going to keep weighing up and training until...You know, I don't know when.  He's sort of the protector sort, much rather live a quiet life by himself on the fringe rather than get into the whole mess of things.  Still, we'll see where it goes.

Cheers all, please to make your acquaintances!  And a special cheer to Sue and Lord Mountjoy Quickfang Winterforth IV (Hemmy).  Takes a special woman to be around swamp dragons all day, much less the pedigreed ones...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: