LiquidFyre Games Forums
June 27, 2017, 01:08:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How is this possible?  (Read 1468 times)
Canucker
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2008, 07:08:32 pm »

BlackDream
Feb 11, 2008
You lost 2 gold.
Maharette helped you with this fight.

BlackDream, and myself were 1 day old. I was attacked by 3 dragons, so I asked for some help froma  friend....how is it possible to lose even with the help of a bigger, much more experienced dragon?
Xythus
Dragon Rider

PD1=Divoria / PD2=Xythus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 07:10:57 pm »

When someone assists you, the assister doesn't fight the opponent. You do. The assisting dragon adds to your percentage of winning; it doesn't garuntee it.

You can have a 0 day old newborn being assisted by a 100+ day old, 5,000 c.s., massive dragon and still lose.
I know, this, in a way, doesn't make much sense, but it's how the system is.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 07:13:03 pm by Xythus » Logged

masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 07:16:57 pm »

First, search out the forum. . . this topic is VERY well covered in LOTS of places.

But, just to add to the discussion, your dragon only get HELP, not a free victory.

Basically, the assisting dragon can lend you up to 50% of his combat power.  HOWEVER, you can only accept up to 50% of YOUR combat power.  So if you have very low combat power, you can't get very much in assistance.  Even from the largest, most powerful dragon in the game.

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 07:22:24 pm »

not QUITE the way it works, Archimedes, because it's based on Combat Power - the amalgamation of FS and Weight - not just pure FS . . .

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
UKArchimedes
Wyrmling Handler

Guided by his instincts and by his trainer.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 07:23:43 pm »

Removed it.  Thnx for clearing things up.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 07:25:26 pm by UKArchimedes » Logged
Xythus
Dragon Rider

PD1=Divoria / PD2=Xythus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 07:24:18 pm »

Yep. If the combat does not distribute to the battle; then we wouldn't have the system set up so that stronger dragons can replace weaker dragons during assisting.

Canucker
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 07:39:01 pm »

First, search out the forum. . . this topic is VERY well covered in LOTS of places.

But, just to add to the discussion, your dragon only get HELP, not a free victory.

Basically, the assisting dragon can lend you up to 50% of his combat power.  HOWEVER, you can only accept up to 50% of YOUR combat power.  So if you have very low combat power, you can't get very much in assistance.  Even from the largest, most powerful dragon in the game.

Thanks for the info, as for SEARCHING  a forum that has 17 pages is asking ALOT.  :-)
Kestrel
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 07:58:42 pm »

Thanks for the info, as for SEARCHING  a forum that has 17 pages is asking ALOT.  :-)

There is both a search window and search tab in the forum header.  green wink

~Kes

I'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter...
Xythus
Dragon Rider

PD1=Divoria / PD2=Xythus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 08:28:11 pm »

Hence, the word search. black smile Not browse.

chilung
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 08:56:32 pm »

I remember when it used to be adding your full power to your ally, it wasn't very fair on the attackers, you had this cavers who were ultra small hoarders, basically depending as many considerably larger dragons as possible, to amass huge win-loss records that were basically impossible for any legitimate attacking dragon to beat.
Xythus
Dragon Rider

PD1=Divoria / PD2=Xythus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 08:59:23 pm »

I remember when it used to be adding your full power to your ally, it wasn't very fair on the attackers, you had this cavers who were ultra small hoarders, basically depending as many considerably larger dragons as possible, to amass huge win-loss records that were basically impossible for any legitimate attacking dragon to beat.

Well thank goodness it was changed. No one wants to have a surprise waiting for them at the end of their raid. Luckily the person only lost 2 gold.

chilung
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 09:15:16 pm »

Well thank goodness it was changed. No one wants to have a surprise waiting for them at the end of their raid. Luckily the person only lost 2 gold.

Yeah I got this great image, when a friend who had a new born, asked for aid, of two little baby dragons hissing at each other, then my huge (combat focused) dragon coming in, landing, snorting, flicking a claw at the raider (sending it flying in a cartoonish manner off into the distance), yawning then leaving without even saying goodbye, whilst my friend did their victory dance.

Yeah I have too much time on my hands.

Xythus
Dragon Rider

PD1=Divoria / PD2=Xythus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 09:31:27 pm »

Yeah I got this great image, when a friend who had a new born, asked for aid, of two little baby dragons hissing at each other, then my huge (combat focused) dragon coming in, landing, snorting, flicking a claw at the raider (sending it flying in a cartoonish manner off into the distance), yawning then leaving without even saying goodbye, whilst my friend did their victory dance.

Yeah I have too much time on my hands.

Says you...I'm in the same situation. I am never attacked so I spend time assisting my friends 24/7. Don't get me wrong, I like assisting. Even after the 100 assist achievement.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: