LiquidFyre Games Forums
June 27, 2017, 01:08:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to my attack?  (Read 2809 times)
Kestrel
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2007, 12:40:16 pm »

I sent my dragon out on an attack last night (around 1:30 AM ET) and when I logged back in this afternoon, my dragon was no longer out on attack and there was no record of the attack (neither a win nor a loss).

So what happened to my attack?

~Kes

I'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter...
Lisa and Saphira
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 12:42:44 pm »

I sent my dragon out on an attack last night (around 1:30 AM ET) and when I logged back in this afternoon, my dragon was no longer out on attack and there was no record of the attack (neither a win nor a loss).

So what happened to my attack?

Craig Schwartz (UIllinois) wrote
at 12:02pm
It is backup. Our host had a power outage, and their first downtime in 7 years (aren't we great luck!) and it damaged the database. They've restored it from shortly after midnight (12 hours ago). This means you lost progress since then. Sorry, it was out of our hands.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Yams
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 12:43:32 pm »

Craig Schwartz (UIllinois) wrote
at 12:02pm
It is backup. Our host had a power outage, and their first downtime in 7 years (aren't we great luck!) and it damaged the database. They've restored it from shortly after midnight (12 hours ago). This means you lost progress since then. Sorry, it was out of our hands.

So, that's what happened to your attack...  Too bad that you started your attack after midnight.  Shatiz had actually lost the first battle but after the reset, everything recalculated resulting in a win the second time!  XD
Noreen
Wyrm Trainer

Zamora

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 12:52:24 pm »

When I checked the results of my last nights battle, my stats said I stole 1 thousand plus gold for winning. I had my new turns and sent Zamora out again around 7am. Now my stats say that I lost lasts nights battle and the gold is gone. After reading this thread I see why my battle and turns had to be redone for today, but last nights battle results shoundn't of changed, should they Undecided
Sara
Draconic Legend

Dragon Tamer and Writer Extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 01:06:40 pm »

When I checked the results of my last nights battle, my stats said I stole 1 thousand plus gold for winning. I had my new turns and sent Zamora out again around 7am. Now my stats say that I lost lasts nights battle and the gold is gone. After reading this thread I see why my battle and turns had to be redone for today, but last nights battle results shoundn't of changed, should they Undecided

It wouldn't have been possible for them to have stayed the same, as the results weren't in the backup. gold smile

Kestrel
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 01:07:00 pm »

Thanks... I had missed that message.
I just wish I had noted the dragon's name!

~Kes

I'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter...
Noreen
Wyrm Trainer

Zamora

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 01:12:57 pm »

I was  3/5 consecutive successful attacks, now I am 0/5. This makes me unhappy  Shocked Shocked
eowend
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 05:56:13 pm »

I was  3/5 consecutive successful attacks, now I am 0/5. This makes me unhappy  Shocked Shocked

My case was even worse. I won 3K of gold from an attack. Now it says i lost the battle...

When men are pure, laws are useless; when men are corrupt, laws are broken.
melissawb
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 11:46:27 am »

Yeah, I went from 3 wins and 1 loss to 2 wins and 2 losses. How did that happen?
Sara
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 11:57:21 am »

Yeah, I went from 3 wins and 1 loss to 2 wins and 2 losses. How did that happen?

We've already said several times in this thread how it happened, melissa...

melissawb
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 12:31:53 pm »

Sorry, but it seemed to me that that was a different issue. After the power went out, I refreshed and it said that I had 3 wins and 1 loss (after the backup had been put in), and then I used my turns and it changed to 2 wins and 2 losses. Since I did not attack again, and all actions had been taken since the backup had been restored, I was confused on how it changed.
Sara
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 12:43:12 pm »

Sorry, but it seemed to me that that was a different issue. After the power went out, I refreshed and it said that I had 3 wins and 1 loss (after the backup had been put in), and then I used my turns and it changed to 2 wins and 2 losses. Since I did not attack again, and all actions had been taken since the backup had been restored, I was confused on how it changed.

After the power went out?  You mean at around noon or 1 pm yesterday EST?  It was rolled back to midnight, but that's not when the reset actually happened. gold smile

melissawb
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 06:09:20 pm »

Yeah, I thought it was about 7 EST last night.
Sara
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 11:40:35 pm »

Yeah, I thought it was about 7 EST last night.

Hum, I don't know then.

black water
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 12:02:16 am »

Due to a power loss, the database was rolled back to just past midnight of Nov. 10-11
ya it sucks big time o just won a good fight and got a nice gold over 4000 now its all gone now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: