LiquidFyre Games Forums
December 17, 2017, 10:48:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 97
  Print  
Author Topic: Cracking the secret achievement  (Read 225625 times)
dangermouse
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2008, 05:46:53 pm »

Not really a SPOILER as most people seem to know about it already

I want to make a thread to try and work out that nasty nasty PD fanatic achievement. I'm not sure if this'll get closed down, but I assuming everyone on this forum is already a fanatic and should at least have a decent chance at it.

I suggest keeping this fairly private (maybe create a board for the failed experiments) as not to spoil the achievement, but I'm going to post the clues I've found on the site already here:

Quoting Tesserex
"The new secret achievement is already in place. So far, only two dragons have it. I'm going for it tonight. Hint - it doesn't take very long to complete, but it's NOT retroactive, that is, it's not based on something that could be measured before the achievement was installed. Another hint, someone in this thread had the right idea..."

Quoting Dragonlady
"I'm pretty sure being classed as "always logged in" doesn't prevent you from getting the PD Fanatic achievement.  At least, if I understood correctly the explanation I got after Keshar and I earned it."

I have ideas but they all involve getting up at horrible horrible times, so if anyone else wants to join in post here.
BlackenedRoseThorn
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 06:01:24 pm »

I wont say how it is done, but I can say one thing: You do not need to do anything at a specific time... i.e. 5am or 12am
Ruaidhrí
Draconic Legend

The Red King

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 06:19:15 pm »

Yep, nothing to do with any weird times or anything like that.  What I'll say is that I got it completely by accident.  I just looked at my achievements, and there it was.  So, you can stumble on it without trying to.  I'll limit my post to that.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 06:20:52 pm by Ruaidhrí » Logged

Aussie_Gem
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 06:34:51 pm »

Has it anything to do with the forum?  For instance, are the only people who have it active in the forum ie.  need a specific post count?
Jules & Banphrionsa
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 06:39:52 pm »

Certainly not since MasterFool doesn't have it

BlackenedRoseThorn
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 06:40:29 pm »

Has it anything to do with the forum?  For instance, are the only people who have it active in the forum ie.  need a specific post count?

No.

Certainly not since MasterFool doesn't have it

Exactly.
Aussie_Gem
Wyrm Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 06:41:24 pm »

Hahaha, true.  Forgot about that  silver wink
bellatrix888warrior
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 06:41:41 pm »

And there is no anti-masterfool code either.  
dangermouse
Fledgling Caretaker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 06:48:06 pm »

Has anyone played 'kol', the sheer number number of things people are trying reminded me of the trophies in that game.

heres some stupid failiures I've had
'changing name/description to "pet dragons" '
'the usual 100 logins in a minute'
'getting up at 6am only to find i missed rollover' doh*
'spending turns in prime numbers' (was getting desperate by this point)
'trying to spell something from the first letters in the tabs, could only make "sheesh" '
BlackenedRoseThorn
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 06:51:18 pm »

Has anyone played 'kol', the sheer number number of things people are trying reminded me of the trophies in that game.

heres some stupid failiures I've had
'changing name/description to "pet dragons" '
'the usual 100 logins in a minute'
'getting up at 6am only to find i missed rollover' doh*
'spending turns in prime numbers' (was getting desperate by this point)
'trying to spell something from the first letters in the tabs, could only make "sheesh" '

ROFLMAO!!!   red teeth
Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 06:53:36 pm »

Is it anything to do with clicking the random dragon search thingy in the combat section? A true fanatic would search for just the right target...? Undecided

I am so omniscient that if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both.
Also, WDoV and stuff
BlackenedRoseThorn
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 06:58:57 pm »

Is it anything to do with clicking the random dragon search thingy in the combat section? A true fanatic would search for just the right target...? Undecided

That is usually how I pick my targets. One would think you would be more of a fanatic to take the time to pick one from the list.
Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 07:01:08 pm »

That is usually how I pick my targets. One would think you would be more of a fanatic to take the time to pick one from the list.
Very true, I hadn't thought of it like that. Looks like I just wasted 10 minutes... No new achievement  black sad

Also, WDoV and stuff
bek
Wyrmling Handler

Trainer of Ashtrid & Zenobia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 07:07:53 pm »

silver angry I also have tried the logging on thing. And am on at all hours of the night and day. I alternate between specifically searching for particular dragons by name and the random page - so can pretty much discount all of those things. I have clicked anything that can be clicked on the page - i think. I log on at least twice a day, have my turns as soon as rollover comes around - nice and civilised in Oz, no getting up early for us. And have been just ignoring trying to get it lately. AAAARRGH - stupid achievement that I want desperately. I am out of ideas. My only comfort is knowing that there are plenty of other frustrated trainers out there trying to get this for their dragon.

Ashtrid & Zenobia
Shimmer's_trainer
Dragon Rider

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 07:17:47 pm »

Grrrr, also filled out all possible info for my dragon. (unique name, gender, even a little description in the about me AND a custom picture) so I guess I can rule that out. Is it something we have to click a set number of times? I wouldn't have thought that would be the case because of the warning on the 'my dragon' section of the elders circle, but I'm running out of ideas

Also, WDoV and stuff
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 97
  Print  

Jump to: