LiquidFyre Games Forums
October 22, 2017, 08:16:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our new Forums! Please take some time to read the few posts in "The Official Word" category.

Home   Help Arcade Search Login Register GO TO PET DRAGONS GO TO PET DRAGONS 2  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Item Suggestions  (Read 1388 times)
ilb
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2008, 12:15:15 pm »

How about traps.

You could buy them at the shop and when a dragon attacks you one of your set traps goes off.

You could have traps that ensnare your opponent making the attack take longer (chance that their potion may wear of or gives you more time to prepare for the attack)

You could have a trap that causes your opponent to drop a small amount of gold when they attack.

Maybe a trap that prevents more than X number of people from attacking at once.

You could probably also have the norms a trap that increase your chance of winning... either temporarily increasing defense or temporarily decreasing opponents attack.

Just a thought.
Shatiz
Draconic Legend

I'm right, you're wrong

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 01:32:59 pm »

How about traps.

You could buy them at the shop and when a dragon attacks you one of your set traps goes off.

You could have traps that ensnare your opponent making the attack take longer (chance that their potion may wear of or gives you more time to prepare for the attack)

You could have a trap that causes your opponent to drop a small amount of gold when they attack.

Maybe a trap that prevents more than X number of people from attacking at once.

You could probably also have the norms a trap that increase your chance of winning... either temporarily increasing defense or temporarily decreasing opponents attack.

Just a thought.

Hmmm... how exactly are traps any different from potions?

The idea of something slowing down attacks is being discussed in detail here

Why would the attacker bring gold with them when they attack? Why would you buy something for gold... to get gold? You had to get really rich attackers to attack you (and this potion would be a deterrent for them to actually attack) to make it useful... if it is any other way it is too good instead.

You can already limit the amount of people that can attack you by 5. The devs obviously didn't want the number lower than that, and why would you pay for something that is less effective than something free?

Again, how is this any different from potions? Sounds like the exact same thing but for the name.... but perhaps that was the idea all along? Maybe you simply want more items in general?
Personally I think the items are just fine (especially so soon after so many addons). I think the devs should focus on different, newer implementations.

"Invader blood courses through my veins like radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me, do not ignore my veins!"

Btw I've turned off signatures so if I never comment on how awesome yours is - it is because I can't see it.
Ruaidhrí
Draconic Legend

The Red King

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 01:39:36 pm »

From a realistic standpoint, if there is going to be something to offset the tasty hasty (and maybe the imflass wings), it would be nice for them to be traps rather than potions.  It doesn't make sense that one dragon drinks a potion and another dragon gets slower.

Shatiz
Draconic Legend

I'm right, you're wrong

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 01:52:21 pm »

From a realistic standpoint, if there is going to be something to offset the tasty hasty (and maybe the imflass wings), it would be nice for them to be traps rather than potions.  It doesn't make sense that one dragon drinks a potion and another dragon gets slower.

Rubbish, I can think of loads of reasons why drinking a potion could slow down someone else, for example;

The potion enables me to somewhat control windcurrents for a small amount of time, I change them so it becomes harder for the other dragon to fly and therefore it takes them longer to get to me.

And:

Drinking the potion enables me to create an illusion of an dragon that the attacking dragon will find irresistable and will chase after it for a while, thus slowing them down...

Would you like 58 more?  green tongue

"Invader blood courses through my veins like radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me, do not ignore my veins!"

Btw I've turned off signatures so if I never comment on how awesome yours is - it is because I can't see it.
Ruaidhrí
Draconic Legend

The Red King

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 02:21:34 pm »

Rubbish, I can think of loads of reasons why drinking a potion could slow down someone else, for example;

The potion enables me to somewhat control windcurrents for a small amount of time, I change them so it becomes harder for the other dragon to fly and therefore it takes them longer to get to me.

And:

Drinking the potion enables me to create an illusion of an dragon that the attacking dragon will find irresistable and will chase after it for a while, thus slowing them down...

Would you like 58 more?  green tongue

Not when the first two were that stupid!  Haha.  j/k   red tongue

ilb
Wyrmling Handler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 04:59:28 pm »

The idea was it would be a neat way of mucking with the time it takes to attack. The other suggestions spawned from the idea of traps. I agree that this COULD be done with potions but I think it is more believable that the opponent was slowed by a trap.

And to clarify the dropping of gold. I had envisioned it has something that causes the attacker to drop a portion of the gold stolen from the defender on his return to his cave. Obviously on an unsuccessful combat nothing would happen. Also to be worthwhile this particular trap would probably have to have multiple uses.

To further rationalize traps and their difference from potions. Perhaps once set you'd have no choice but to use them. Further setting them once the attacker has left their cave would do nothing for that combat (as he either sees you doing it and avoids them or is simply past where the trap was set).
Xovran
Dragon Rider

Tasty morsels these humans are.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 06:11:38 pm »

Traps were briefly suggested in methods to upgrade your lair into something more interesting. The idea was shot down, but here is the link. Good luck.

http://www.petdragonsfbapp.com/forum/index.php?topic=914.90

Dragons are the only mystical creatures to be seen in every culture throughout time.
http://www.judahmahay.com
BlackenedRoseThorn
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 06:34:14 pm »

No traps thanks
masterfool
Global Moderator
Draconic Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 02:29:39 am »

In essence, the idea of a "TRAP" would be a good thing to call the suggested "Anti-Wing" permanent item suggested in the thread that Shati Linked Here (for those who forgot it)

Other than that, I pretty much don't like any of the ideas.

Nothing Beats a Fool's Luck . . . and I am the Master Fool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: